this DLC is horrific!

AKfoy0face

omg im glad im getting this outta the way first of all the dlc becasue this is driving me insane... im at the end i think right after you go down the vault and these alarms... I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE I JUST WANT THIS TO BE OVER WITH... having to be on ur toes all the way through... FUCKKKKKKKK

It's not anymore horrific than you make it. If you are cautious and take it slowly then it's actually very easy. If you want to treat it as a run'n'gun sandbox like one of Bethesda's DLC's then you will get smashed up.

Having to be on your toes the whole way through is part of the point of DM. It has a lot of survival horror elements like the oppressive atmosphere, tough enemies and need to scavenge to survive.

It's disappointing how so many gamers nowadays hate a challenge. 10 years ago you wouldn't have heard gamers bitching about DM like they do.

Also, are you not enjoying the very well written characters, plot and backstory of the Sierra Madre even a tiny bit?

It's not anymore horrific than you make it. If you are cautious and take it slowly then it's actually very easy. If you want to treat it as a run'n'gun sandbox like one of Bethesda's DLC's then you will get smashed up.

Having to be on your toes the whole way through is part of the point of DM. It has a lot of survival horror elements like the oppressive atmosphere, tough enemies and need to scavenge to survive.

It's disappointing how so many gamers nowadays hate a challenge. 10 years ago you wouldn't have heard gamers bitching about DM like they do.

Also, are you not enjoying the very well written characters, plot and backstory of the Sierra Madre even a tiny bit?

sorry i was raging hard cause i was at the end and just couldnt get to the vault until i finally found the damn computer to turn the alarms off.. i beat it, im happy... all in all it was a great DLC, great feel and horror type environment. Very frustrating yes because i was dealing with lack of stimpacks and at some points had like 1 bar of health.. maybe if i played it a second time and know what to expect i could get more out of it but at the end i just couldnt wait for it to be over...GOD DAMN EXPLOSIVE NECKLACE I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!

sorry i was raging hard cause i was at the end and just couldnt get to the vault until i finally found the damn computer to turn the alarms off.. i beat it, im happy... all in all it was a great DLC, great feel and horror type environment. Very frustrating yes because i was dealing with lack of stimpacks and at some points had like 1 bar of health.. maybe if i played it a second time and know what to expect i could get more out of it but at the end i just couldnt wait for it to be over...GOD DAMN EXPLOSIVE NECKLACE I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear that you enjoyed it in the end. If you do try again some useful tips would be: do it with a melee/unarmed character (it's much easier to kill the ghost people) and the mad bomber and them's good eatin' perks are very, very helpful.

I agree that the vault is quite disorienting the first time round. It's much better the second time round though.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed it in the end. If you do try again some useful tips would be: do it with a melee/unarmed character (it's much easier to kill the ghost people) and the mad bomber and them's good eatin' perks are very, very helpful.

I agree that the vault is quite disorienting the first time round. It's much better the second time round though.

Yeah, this DLC is better the second time when you know what you're doing. Still, I wouldn't call it horrific at all. I still remember starting it up right after it came out and playing for a few hours, it was pretty fun, different, but fun. The Villa was pretty hard, but I enjoyed it MUCH more once I got into the Sierra Madre itself, then it got really cool, I think. The story was great, though and the characters were very well thought out and written, in fact, I wish they had let you do even more with them. The loot was great, too. But it would've been nice if you could go back after finishing.

I actually really liked this DLC. It was one of the very few parts of this game were you actually had some kind of limitation on resources (healing items, weapons, ammo, etc.) The bulk of the vanilla game and the remaining DLCs had no such restrictions, and you always had everything you would possibly need, which kinda takes away from trying to survive in a post-apocalyptic world, were resources would be stretched thin.

But it would've been nice if you could go back after finishing.

"Finding it, though, that's not the hard part. It's letting go."

Being able to return would have made those parting words sound rather hollow and meaningless. Especially considering that the themes of letting go and beginning again are completely tied into almost every aspect of the DLC.

"Finding it, though, that's not the hard part. It's letting go."

Being able to return would have made those parting words sound rather hollow and meaningless. Especially considering that the themes of letting go and beginning again are completely tied into almost every aspect of the DLC.

This is true. I realize they were going for a certain feel with this DLC and while the design choices they made weren't very open, they were needed to give it that survival horror feel.

• 3 weeks later...

The survival aspect and having to make due with whatever you could find I liked but that damn collar beeping at ever damn speaker/radio was a bit over the top. I must have gotten my head blown off a dozen times trying to figure out where it was coming from on the way down to that vault.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I thought it was OK. Not terrible, but the other DLCs were far better.

One thing I liked was the whole survival aspect of it, not knowing if an enemy would pop up suddenly and kill you since you're really weak without your gear - but at times it's annoyingly difficult, my least favourite thing being the cloud. The poisonous effect was bad on its own, what made it even worse was the fact that it's absolutely everywhere, meaning that you constantly have to take detours to avoid the bloody thing and risk being attacked.

• 3 months later...

I've only recruited 2 of the companions so far and I don't really feel like playing the DLC. As an achievement hunter I will go through this all but after enjoying Honest Hearts and Old World Blues, this experience just sucks. The enemies are simple at my level (33 or something) but the lack of healing items and constant BEEP BEEP BEEP BOOM is driving me mad. Can't wait to get the last achievement for this DLC, too bad I have to suffer through this on PC still. Fortunately there are mods to make it a better experience than this!!