Demo is out!

Seven ICARUS

... and it is really, really horrible. I kinda get the feeling that a group of japanese developers took a long hard look at Gears of War to try and understand what makes it so successful. They managed to copy a couple of key concepts like cover and... um... different kinds of guns and enemies. Only they somehow made these key concepts ungodly shitty. The controls are awful, the enemies look like Locust combined with the dude from Robocop that melts (and gets himself run over) after having been dunked in toxic waste. The guns are terrible as is the voice acting. The plot, from what is told to you in the demo, is utter nonsense. I'd rather eat a box full of rotten rats than play this game again. Ever.

Except if the finished product actually turns out to be awesome.

So, what did you guys think about it?

I tried this demo on xbox 360 and PS3 and their both terrible, I hate the controls on both consoles. However I did manage to get further into the xbox version then ps3. It's definately a game built around xbox and not only that they totally stole stuff from gears.. I even heard some of the stuff marcus phoenix says in gears in such as "Fight through the Pain" and I felt the dialogue was terrible as well, and I won't be wasting money to buy this game unless its 9.99 someday soon. However I will rent the game to 1000/1000 it for Gamerscore because the achievements look simple enough.

The game isn't the worst I've ever played, but the demo doesn't really make me too excited for it. I kind of want to check it out just to see what other weapons and abilities you can unlock, but yeah. I'm not going to bother buying this one. It's going to be masked by all the other releases this fall, so I can totally see it dropping $20 a week or two after release.

Just tried the demo, really not impressed. Reminds of a cross between Gears of War and Damnation. Thank god i tried this before i spent any money as i did with Damnation (man I need to wait for reviews before I buy games).

Too many good games coming out or I already have and need to complete for me to spend any time with this.

They should change the release date to the slow time of summer and they may have a chance of selling a few.

... and it is really, really horrible. I kinda get the feeling that a group of japanese developers took a long hard look at Gears of War to try and understand what makes it so successful. They managed to copy a couple of key concepts like cover and... um... different kinds of guns and enemies. Only they somehow made these key concepts ungodly shitty. The controls are awful, the enemies look like Locust combined with the dude from Robocop that melts (and gets himself run over) after having been dunked in toxic waste. The guns are terrible as is the voice acting. The plot, from what is told to you in the demo, is utter nonsense. I'd rather eat a box full of rotten rats than play this game again. Ever.

Except if the finished product actually turns out to be awesome.

So, what did you guys think about it?

thank you for starting this thread, if i didn't see this, i would not have known the demo was out and i would have lost 65 buck.

Edited by deathdealerv

I loved the Demo. I've beaten it about 5 times so far and I'm still enjoying it. No I'm not being sarcastic in any way, I really like this game. I won't be buying it at full retail price though.

I don't care what negative things people have to say about this game. I personally have been anxious to play it since I heard about it early this year and it's even better than I expected it to be after I've played the Demo. The guns are freakin awesome and Syd looks cool as hell.