No Ball Spin During Masters?

I just began my weekend at Augusta (through Amen Corner at -6) but cannot use my ball spin during my shots. Is this a setting for just the Masters or all majors? I have been able to use ball spin on the other tournaments I have played. It however has helped me a little bit as I've realized my shots don't need as much corrections as possible.

A couple other questions as I have not played a Tiger Woods game since 03. Firstly, is there any way to cancel ball spin in the air as sometime I realize it is going to do more harm than good after I've begun spinning? Also, is there a way to 'boost' a tee shot like in previous Tiger Woods? Like I said its been nearly 10 years since I've played one of these. In the previous games it was mashing the white button (LB now) during your swing.

Thank you in advance for your help.

I just began my weekend at Augusta (through Amen Corner at -6) but cannot use my ball spin during my shots. Is this a setting for just the Masters or all majors? I have been able to use ball spin on the other tournaments I have played. It however has helped me a little bit as I've realized my shots don't need as much corrections as possible.

A couple other questions as I have not played a Tiger Woods game since 03. Firstly, is there any way to cancel ball spin in the air as sometime I realize it is going to do more harm than good after I've begun spinning? Also, is there a way to 'boost' a tee shot like in previous Tiger Woods? Like I said its been nearly 10 years since I've played one of these. In the previous games it was mashing the white button (LB now) during your swing.

Thank you in advance for your help.

A lot has changed since then. The Masters diables spin thus making it harder to score lower (just like it did in last years game, but like you said you havent played since '03). There is no longer a boost button, now there is an overswing. There is no way to cancel backspin but you can switch direction to try and compensate for a misread.

Edited by Goots 88

Yeah, I noticed the same thing. It's a fucking lame attempt to try to make it more difficult and it's pure fucking cheese. I wonder if EA will be there policing the Masters making sure that Tiger, Phil, Rory, or the rest of the guys aren't spinning the ball. This is minor, yet just one of many of the ways that EA has destroyed this franchise. Glad I got it from Gamefly, and didn't buy it.

Just my 2cent rant; I agree I always played Tiger Woods as a way to unwind and relax. I was NOT looking for a challenge or hard pull your hair out difficulty – for me that’s what real life is for, I bought this to have FUN yes fun (i.e. enjoyment) I realize for some challenge is fun so where then is the game setting to turn ball spin back on? Where is the setting to turn over-swinging (something I can turn of in my fat fingers) off? Where is the easy is enjoy and have fun golfing with a drink in hand after a long and stressful challenging day setting? Don’t even get me started on the BS putting BS! This game has turned into a piece of bull excrement. I will not purchase this game ever again!

Just my 2cent rant; I agree I always played Tiger Woods as a way to unwind and relax. I was NOT looking for a challenge or hard pull your hair out difficulty – for me that’s what real life is for, I bought this to have FUN yes fun (i.e. enjoyment) I realize for some challenge is fun so where then is the game setting to turn ball spin back on? Where is the setting to turn over-swinging (something I can turn of in my fat fingers) off? Where is the easy is enjoy and have fun golfing with a drink in hand after a long and stressful challenging day setting? Don’t even get me started on the BS putting BS! This game has turned into a piece of bull excrement. I will not purchase this game ever again!

That's the very reason I buy tigerwoods games aswell just to relax so why they had to go and wreak that I don't know

For everyone complaining about EA being responsible for no spin at the Masters, I think it was revealed last year that they were forced to make it harder in order to be allowed to put it in the game. There were some negotiations over the licensing.

Do I think its lame? Yes.

Do I think EA sometimes adds stupid stuff in to some of their games that ruins some peoples experience? Yes.

But in this case it seems that it was just a price they had to pay to get one of the biggest golf events into the biggest golf franchise.

Now if you wanna talk about nano blitzes and rocket jumping that goes unaddressed in Madden after Madden, Im right there with ya.

Seems strange they would allow it in '12 and not in '13, but have to say Augusta really went through it with a fine toothed comb if they actually went as far as spin mechanics. I know they required the use of the practice facility for training which is why there are no objectives for that mode which kind of sucks.

This game is so fun haven't played in 10 years either ...about the spin you shouldn't need it that much ...If u want to make it easy for yourself go to options and change the caddy to automatic and before every shot hit the y button and it sets you up with a very easy shot

The lack of spin can be frustrating as i play to unwind as well. I actually did fairly well in last years version without it but tanked my try on this years version. Felt even more difficult this year but that could be because my guy's stats aren't that high yet.

• 2 months later...

reason I bought the game was to relax also and previous games 06-10 were great. but now it's really frustrating to swing (tempo) tells you ball will go to one place but ends up way short because of slow tempo or the fact how much more sensitive it is if you don't swing perfectly straight why couldn't they just keep the boost button and swing for easy difficulty actually easy and not more frustrating than my day was

this tempo and overswing screw you over so much on putts especially on really short puts how hard they are ( under a foot) those are easiest putts in real life but hardest in game wtf?

so in the game if I pull the stick all the way back and push forward right away fast it still comes as short because I didn't wait on the club in the game to go all the way back wtf? why is it delayed

Edited by Kreten

• 4 months later...

Throughout his career, Woods has been the pinnacle of my sporting enjoyment. He has been an asset to the golfing and sporting worlds alike, and in light of his recent form, I look forward to many great things from him.

Opportunities to see two such famous players and personalities such as Tiger and Rory, going head-to-head in this format are particularly rare.

To see the world #1 and #2 like this is a treat for Chinese golf fans.

Unfortuantely, the event isn’t being broadcast, but i’ve heard that you can watch the event online via Spondo at http://www.spondo.com/?p=1134 or http://www.golf.com.au.http://www.adelaidenow.com.au

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

dont see the problem myself,so what its only at the masters were free to use it elsewhere.yeah found it a bit wierd the other day when i played my first masters as an amateur but still just managed the bang in a round of 62 to unlock the secret course record achievement and get my pga tour card.just follow your caddie tips closely and its happy days!!!!

• 1 month later...

I find it easiest by purposely aiming short and wide of the putt and over swing every time. I use the caddie to set up then go short and use putt preview to make sure I miss then over hit.

Also adding loft then backspin makes it more controlled on approach but more wind assisted.

My first 2 days -5 -4 and I'm an amateur in first season and not played tiger since 07.

1 more thing I have swing set to easy, I don't want a simulation of my arm I want fun

Edited by japocbeast
typo