Double Kills for SMAW

Judivarious

Seriously, this challenge for the RONIN camo for the SMAW is next to impossible. The SMAW is not only the worst Rocket Launcher in any game I've ever played, but it's also the weakest.

Every time I try to kill a group of multiple enemies with this thing the following will either happen...

1) I'm mowed down after shooting the rocket which causes it to disappear in thin air. (Greatest bug in EVERY CoD game, still not fixed).

2) The Rocket propels in a different direction dispite aiming towards the ground (Which should only happen with the RPG and not the SMAW).

3) The Rocket impacts, but I only get hit markers for every enemy, which usually results in a teammate getting a double (or triple) kill from a grenade.

4) I kill one player and the rest live.

Sadly, this crap happens in Hardcore also, so I'm curious to how the hell this challenge is even remotely possible, since it asks you to get 5, and I can't seem to get 1.

I'm using Scavenger so I can pick up packs and get more rockets, but even with two (2) rockets per life I can't seem to get one double kill.

Seriously, this challenge for the RONIN camo for the SMAW is next to impossible. The SMAW is not only the worst Rocket Launcher in any game I've ever played, but it's also the weakest.

Every time I try to kill a group of multiple enemies with this thing the following will either happen...

1) I'm mowed down after shooting the rocket which causes it to disappear in thin air. (Greatest bug in EVERY CoD game, still not fixed).

2) The Rocket propels in a different direction dispite aiming towards the ground (Which should only happen with the RPG and not the SMAW).

3) The Rocket impacts, but I only get hit markers for every enemy, which usually results in a teammate getting a double (or triple) kill from a grenade.

Sadly, this crap happens in Hardcore also, so I'm curious to how the hell this challenge is even remotely possible, since it asks you to get 5, and I can't seem to get 1.

I'm using Scavenger so I can pick up packs and get more rockets, but even with two (2) rockets per life I can't seem to get one double kill.

Try playing Dom. and vote for the map Hijacked, wait for the other team to start to cap "B" then fire it in there. The back wall helps confine the blast I guess. I got 3 double kills with it alone in 1 match, finished it up in only a few matches the double kills anyway. Still need the Dragonfly one for gold.

I always thought the SMAW rockets were supposed to fly straight to, but they never do for me at long range. They look like the RPG just fly everywhere.

I find this funny cause i thought that the double kills were so easy to get, i got them in jus a few games. I'd jus pick my shots carefully an wait for 2 people to crowd together in a tight area an fire one off. Also a word of advice, aim at the floor so you dont miss an will deff kill them.

Try playing Dom. and vote for the map Hijacked, wait for the other team to start to cap "B" then fire it in there. The back wall helps confine the blast I guess. I got 3 double kills with it alone in 1 match, finished it up in only a few matches the double kills anyway. Still need the Dragonfly one for gold.

I always thought the SMAW rockets were supposed to fly straight to, but they never do for me at long range. They look like the RPG just fly everywhere.

Got the Dragonfire in a Dom game at Cargo by pure luck!!! This guy on the other team pulled it out in the last 30secs of the game, killed me 3x's with it an i was able to destroy it only seconds before the round ended.

The way I got it was to kill someone with your gun and then quickly switch to the SMAW and get a kill. Or the other way around and it should count for the challenge.

^^This. Keep scavenger on. Kill someone with gun, switch, kill someone with smaw, earn double kill medal, pick up scav pack from gun kill, repeat. My buddy got all 5 double kills in one life, it's not too tough if you get the gun kills first

I don't understand the big appeal for Gold/Diamond launchers, what's the big shit about this that is so amazing? It's not like it's as cool as it is on a gun which you use constantly. Seems like all the rage and kind of lame.

I'm not really trying for Diamond Camo, like I am trying to master all the rockets and stuff, but I could care less about the diamond camo, I just want to master the weapon for the XP and the Calling Card.

I don't understand the big appeal for Gold/Diamond launchers, what's the big shit about this that is so amazing? It's not like it's as cool as it is on a gun which you use constantly. Seems like all the rage and kind of lame.

i take pride in my FHJ-18 AA and shooting down enemy aircraft its something that a lot of people wont do cause you cant get kills with it so i was HYPED

I've never gone for any launcher camo so this might be a stupid question, but does it have to be a double kill with one rocket or can it be a double kill medal? The latter would be a lot easier because you have five seconds between kills.

That's what happened when I was going for the triple with the RPG. I got one kill with it, reloaded, and got a double.

The way I got it was to kill someone with your gun and then quickly switch to the SMAW and get a kill. Or the other way around and it should count for the challenge.

I wish I had known about this sooner......

They need to slightly buff all of the explosives. Mainly the crossbow. If it lands directly next to you, then it should KILL you. Unless they are already hurt, it takes a stick to actually kill them. The constant lag doesn't help either. The bloodthirsty challenge is the only thing I need for it, and it's complete bullshit.....:mad:

Edit: Or they can at least make the timer for it shorter. All too many times I stick someone, only for them to kill me because the bolt hadn't exploded yet, causing me to get an afterlife medal. Either that or a teammate comes along and steals my kill after I stick them. Make it an almost instantaneous explosion, instead of the second or so delay, and I'll be happy.

Edited by tigersrule

That's what happened when I was going for the triple with the RPG. I got one kill with it, reloaded, and got a double.

I wish I had known about this sooner......

They need to slightly buff all of the explosives. Mainly the crossbow. If it lands directly next to you, then it should KILL you. Unless they are already hurt, it takes a stick to actually kill them. The constant lag doesn't help either. The bloodthirsty challenge is the only thing I need for it, and it's complete bullshit.....:mad:

Edit: Or they can at least make the timer for it shorter. All too many times I stick someone, only for them to kill me because the bolt hadn't exploded yet, causing me to get an afterlife medal. Either that or a teammate comes along and steals my kill after I stick them. Make it an almost instantaneous explosion, instead of the second or so delay, and I'll be happy.

The crossbow is so hard to get kills with!! Everytime i try to get kills with it a teammate steals my kill like you mentioned, so i've pretty much given up on it.

The crossbow is so hard to get kills with!! Everytime i try to get kills with it a teammate steals my kill like you mentioned, so i've pretty much given up on it.

I was just playing hardcore with it, and it always direct impacts them. It looks like I'm going to be playing that from now on until I get that challenge done. What's nice is that because you killed them with a direct impact and not an explosion, you get scavenger packs from the people you kill. That's the only blasted challenge that's keeping me from diamond camo....:(

I was just playing hardcore with it, and it always direct impacts them. It looks like I'm going to be playing that from now on until I get that challenge done. What's nice is that because you killed them with a direct impact and not an explosion, you get scavenger packs from the people you kill. That's the only blasted challenge that's keeping me from diamond camo....:(

Play sticks and stones, super easy. Everyone is using those so it's not like you keep getting raped by full autos while going for crossbow kills

Nuketown is your best bet (specifically Hardpoint, but Domination could be easy too if you wait for two enemies to start capping B.)

I myself found it extremely easy to get my SMAW double kills, but it was when the game was relatively new. You might get lucky against some Christmas Newbies :p

the one that's the hardest/extremely annoying is the AGR kill.

I can attest to this, i've still yet to get this challenge done for FHJ-18 & i've literally shot both rockets full on at the thing only for it to live & then of course i die, spawn other side of map & somebody else takes it out before i can get back to it. I've even tried putting bullets into the thing then firing the rockets but still the same story.

I can attest to this, i've still yet to get this challenge done for FHJ-18 & i've literally shot both rockets full on at the thing only for it to live & then of course i die, spawn other side of map & somebody else takes it out before i can get back to it. I've even tried putting bullets into the thing then firing the rockets but still the same story.

EMP Grenade/ Launcher an BAM! you got your camo. I would only assume this since 2 EMP nades take them out.

EMP Grenade/ Launcher an BAM! you got your camo. I would only assume this since 2 EMP nades take them out.

Really i thought it only took 1 EMP grenade to take them out, will have to your little tip now, thanks.

LATE EDIT: Okay just tried the EMP then launcher tip in a local match with 2 controllers (can't be arsed trying this in a actual game only for bullshit to happen)& the fucking thing still survived, i threw a EMP nade 1st then fired 2 FHJ rockets directly at it & it still stood their, i did notice though that after that it only took a clip of my MTAR to destroy after that, i should try EMP nading it then full clip of bulletts then the FHJ & it should work, only problem is if it kills me & i spawn other side of map that somebody else will finish the little fucker off.

Edited by mark23