Anyone sticking to Original Controls?

Teh Paralyzer

if you use alternate controls

the thumb stick =alternate movement

d-pad= classic tank controls

so you your not pressing a button to change controls you just switch between thumbstick and d-pad

Ew.

I tried it and the DPad feels terrible for tank controls. I wish one of the unused buttons would switch between the two on the fly for the LS. Alternate is good for certain things, like getting behind enemies quickly, but I've found it more annoying than good. Trying to push the drawer in the room with the 1st floor map made me hate it.

Going for my knife run now and its annoying to periodically switch between Alt and Original for bosses. Specially since the "Successfully Saved" thing stays on screen for about 5 seconds each time.

Ew.

I tried it and the DPad feels terrible for tank controls. I wish one of the unused buttons would switch between the two on the fly for the LS. Alternate is good for certain things, like getting behind enemies quickly, but I've found it more annoying than good. Trying to push the drawer in the room with the 1st floor map made me hate it.

Going for my knife run now and its annoying to periodically switch between Alt and Original for bosses. Specially since the "Successfully Saved" thing stays on screen for about 5 seconds each time.

haha im opposite i hate the stick for tank but love d-pad for the tank so the alternate works pretty nicely for me

I still use the "tank" controls after 4 runs, but the alternate ones might be pretty interresting if you try to beat the game with the Knife only. (I heard that the Helder Crimson Head boss was kind of a pain in the ass to beat with Knife only)

Lol. Veteran player here as well but I'm a black sheep...I've always hated those 'heinous controls'. They only became a second nature to me cause after watching a friend playthrough the game on back on PS1. I simply HAD to play it. So I forced myself to learn them but my viewpoint never changed...I loved 3 so much; but I swore if Capcom didn't "fix their fuckin' shit" (lol) I'd never play another Resident Evil game...THEN 4 CAME OUT (My prayers were answered!)...New style controls is kinda 'best of both worlds' for me cause I can slow down and use the 'heinous controls' for critical movement with d-pad when I need it

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...