Best DLC you've downloaded

Jesseeh

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioshock 2: Minerva's Den. One of the most emotional tales I've experienced in a game combined with some of the best gameplay in the series to create a perfect sendoff to the tale of Rapture that ties all the loose ends and leaves you with one of those endings that will leave a lump in your throat and stick with you for quite some time.

Fallout New Vegas: Dead Money. Some of the most interesting characters in the Fallout universe and some of the best writing in the series. The story of the heist and the backstory of the Sierra Madre is excellent and poignant. The story, characters, environment and gameplay all wonderfully reinforce the themes of the DLC; letting go and beginning again.

The art deco villa, smothered and preserved by the blood red cloud makes for a haunting and memorable experience.

You are forced to adapt, play cautiously, think ahead and scavenge to survive. The game penalizes you for trying to just run'n'gun whilst blindly following a marker to the next objective. It is a big middle finger to the way that nowadays games are often linear, spoon feeding and streamlined and this was intentionally done by the devs.

It's a great change of pace from the main game with it's survival horror mechanics. It's very sad that so many people hated it to varying degrees for not being the sandbox style, dungeon crawling, loot-tastic, over-the-top-wacky, RPG-light experience that Bethesda has made most people expect of the Fallout games.

GTAIV: TLAD & TBOGT - Awesome additions to the main story as you see things from different perspectives and get to know more about the back-story.

RDR: Undead Nightmare - Zombies + Western perfectly implemented. Beats everything. One of the best DLCs for sure.

Borderlands: General Knoxx - Added tons of stuff (vehicles, items, locations, etc), continued story, level cap increased, cool enemies.

Bad Company 2: Vietnam - Had a blast playing it. Maps were all well designed and delivered a great atmosphere. However, DICE could have added more stuff.

BioShock 2: Minerva's Den - Had a very nice side-story. As combustible lemon mentioned, it was very emotional.

CoD: Black Ops - The Zombies maps were a blast because of their insane easter eggs. It was a fun adventure.

Mass Effect 2: Shadow Broker - It was cool. The mission was decent and the reward at the end was quite interesting.

Edited by XoNiNjAlEoNoX

ME2- lair of the shadow broker

Borderlands- the ones that are not moxxies underdome.

Bioshock 2-minervas den

Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning-legend of Dead Kel- captain brattigan is probably one of my favorite characters EVER.

Fallout 3- point lookout

Fallout New Vegas- all of them

Dragon Age Origins- Awakening

LA; Noire all the side cases

Mass Effect 2 - All of it's DLC. They all had something that made them unique. I loved ME2 so it was only natural that I get the amazing DLCs as well.

Battlefield Bad company 2 - Vietnam was so much fun. It's such a shame that not a lot of people play it now. Still I'll never forget it's well designed map packs, soundtracks and atmosphere. DICE definitely delivered.

Bioshock 2 -Minerva's Den. A very memorable DLC. Adds a few extra hours of gameplay as well as adding to the original story. A must have for Bioshock fanatics.

Alan Wake - The signal. It was free because I purchased the game new rofl. So an automatic promotion.

Most of the DLC for both Fallout 3 and New Vegas - Most added great content to 2 already excellent games.

Most of the DLC for Borderlands (except Moxxi's) - More killing stuff with a gazillion guns in co-op can never be a bad thing right? Especially with that great Borderlands humour woven in to the storylines.

Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare - As others have said zombies + western with a great story using already established and excellent characters from the main game.

Battlefield 3 Premium - Keep coming back for more Battlefield multiplayer action and new game modes, maps, weapons, assignments and achievements are a great thing to keep me 'on the Battlefield'.

Call of Duty: World at War - Shi No Numa and Der Riese Zombies maps - Just such fun playing these maps with friends. Seeing just how long we can survive with the highs and lows of the random weapon box.

Edited by XOutOfTheBlueX

Trials Evolution Origins of Pain - We heard you like Trials Evolution, so here some more Trials Evolution. What's not to like?

SC5 Dampierre - It's a shame he is DLC, but for that sort of unreasonable price you get a novelty character with a silly and crazy move set.

Asura's Wrath ALL OF THE DLC - It's a good game if you're into it, and just having more of it is a good thing, the final chapter especially since it's just so good, also the novelty episodes are fun to.

TES V Shivering Isles - Just, it's so good, fun and offers a lot more loot to find in an island which barely makes sense.

Bioshock: Brass Balls DLC- Makes you play the game much more cautiously where you just can't go into each room with guns blazing. You had to think and plan ahead before you made your moves. I just loved that they added this feature as I thought the constant respawning in a Vita Chamber would take the tension and immersion out of an excellent game.

Bioshock 2: Minerva's Den- Probably in my top 3 DLCs I've played. The storyline is just great, I actually thought this was better than the retail, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it yet.

Borderlands: All DLC except Mad Moxxi- Zombie Island has great atmosphere and a fun area to explore, General Knoxx is just a humongous new area to explore, not to mention it has the game's best and most dangerous enemy, and Robot Revolution has the Claptraps going nuts and needing to be put down.

Dragon Age Origins: Awakening expansion- Now this is a true expansion, this could have actually been the true sequel to Origins IMO. Just a great story, with new areas to explore, new weapons and companions, and you can now enchant your own items.

Fallout 3: Every DLC except The Pitt- Point Lookout adds a new and uniquie area to explore, Broken Steel expands on the main storyline and increases your level cap, Operation Anchorage lets you relive a past event in Fallout history plus it rewards you with the absolutely awesome Chinese Stealth Armor, and Mothership Zeta adds a whole new feel to the game being abducted, and you get the absolutely awesome alien weaponry.

Fallout New Vegas: Every DLC except Honest Hearts- Dead Money just nails atmosphere and tension perfectly, and makes you actually think before blindly rushing into things, Old World Blues is very witty and gives you new and interesting areas to explore, plus you get a new area to store all your loot, and Lonesome Road just nails the setting the Fallout universe is supposed to be, and it gives you a major decision at the end of it that has major affects on the people of the Mojave Desert. The Gun Runners DLC gives you new weapons and adds fun challenges to the game.

GTA IV Ballad of Gay Tony- Despite the missions themselves being annoying as hell (especially if you're going for Gold on them) the storyline itself is freakin great. It's got that old GTA feel to it with the humor and it doesn't take itself too seriously. You also get access to the entire Liberty City map right from the start, no 'progressing the storyline' to unlock each area.

Left 4 Dead: The Sacrifice- expands on the main storyline and gives a conclusion to the first game, with the noble sacrifice of one of the main characters.

Left 4 Dead 2: The Passing- Picks up where The Sacrifice left off, all the characters from both games meet each other. Good stuff.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance: Character Pack- Adds some of my favorite Marvel characters to the game, like Venom, Magneto, NightCrawler, Dr. Doom, and The Hulk. The DLC characters were actually more fun than the retail characters were IMO.

Mass Effect: Bring Down the Sky- You get to explore an Asteroid and face off against Batarian terrorists. The music and atmosphere are just awesome, and the storyline is great.

Mass Effect 2: Lair Of The Shadow Broker- Absolutely awesome DLC. Fast paced action with an engaging story that finally sheds light on the Shadow Broker's identity. You also get Liara back as a companion and hear truly epic music while taking down the Broker's agents. I highly recommend this to anyone who hasn't played it yet.

Oblivion: Shivering Isles- The best DLC I've played so far. Adds so much more to the world, including a whole new island to explore, interesting and unique characters and locations, and a great storyline. And the weapons you can acquire were great adds as well.

Overlord: Raising Hell- Expands on the world and storyline and has you fight a badass boss in the end. I loved this DLC.

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare- A great expansion which gives you access to the entire map from the retail, only now it's riddled with zombies. The 4 unique horses that you get to ride make a fun DLC even more enjoyable.

Resident Evil 5: Desperate Escape- Fast and frantic, this DLC doesn't screw around with you, as it keeps you on your toes constantly. Put it on Professional mode and you've got quite a challenge ahead of you. Just make sure you do it with a friend and not with the AI LOL.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2's Vietnam: Just so much fun packed into one DLC. Plus you can never go wrong with CCR!

Mirror's Edge's Pure Time Trials: Great add-on featuring more time trial maps with an extremely pleasing aesthetic.

Prince of Persia (08)'s Epilogue: Was really pleased being able to play more PoP after it's cliffhanger ending! Could have been longer though.

Deus Ex - The Missing Link. I really enjoyed this dlc, and was great that the missing time spent on the boat in the main story was filled in. Plenty of hrs in length as well.

Oblivion - Shivering Isles. What is there that needs to be said? Truly epic world, and full of colour and bizarre wildlife and people. Not to mention it gave me many hrs of fun.

Fallout New Vegas - Old World Blues. Just pure genius, with some great humour, and characters. Love the mad scientist angle, and the dialogue. Had me in stitches from start to finish.

I've downloaded many a DLC before, but if I had to narrow it down a select few:

Fallout: New Vegas - Old World Blues. Still loved it despite the delays leading up to its release, finally gave my Energy Weapon character something fun to use, and you finally have good player housing. Aces.

Mirror's Edge - Pure Time Trials. Added a new layer of depth to the rarely-seen parkour-based game, and personally I thought the backstory of the levels being found in Faith's dreams wasn't that bad. Makes sense if all you do is run. Well worth it.

Deus Ex: HR - The Missing Link. This one wasn't getting away without a recommendation, and seems to echo the thoughts of most people here. A well-drafted story that fits the overarching DE story perfectly, the feeling of vulnerability at every turn (didn't help I was gunning for Factory Zero) and the payoff at the end was nothing short of excellent. One of the best.