DLC Any good?

TheThreeStooges

It's shite. Not a patch on the main game. Achievements are hard as hell too. Trial's just don't fit this game in my opinion. A lot of people here share this opinion but some like them. Just don't expect anything close to the goodness of the main game and you might get some pleasure out of them. Me, I'd rather eat glass than play any more of it.

It's shite. Not a patch on the main game. Achievements are hard as hell too. Trial's just don't fit this game in my opinion. A lot of people here share this opinion but some like them. Just don't expect anything close to the goodness of the main game and you might get some pleasure out of them. Me, I'd rather eat glass than play any more of it.

I totally agree with ponypo. This DLC is not what made Dishonored so good. This is just repetitive and luck-based half the time. I would avoid it.

These achievements are probably some of the toughest, most rage-inducing ones I have ever done. Some of the challenges are pretty fun, such as Bend Time Massacre, but then some are completely luck based. Too many random elements, which I believe was the developer's intention to add playability only leads to frustration. This is a step in the wrong direction for the game, but there were some enjoyable moments.

These achievements are probably some of the toughest, most rage-inducing ones I have ever done. Some of the challenges are pretty fun, such as Bend Time Massacre, but then some are completely luck based. Too many random elements, which I believe was the developer's intention to add playability only leads to frustration. This is a step in the wrong direction for the game, but there were some enjoyable moments.
It was a step in the right direction to make the challenges/Achievements hard... However it was a step in the wrong direction to make some of them so hard people wont even bother trying/They just ragequit. They'll likely learn since sales for the DLC seem to be pretty low even though its only $5

I really like the idea of challenges.

So i started playing dishonored for first time starting with the trails.

They are more annoying than fun and the achievements rrelated to it are redicules hard!

Right now im doing the oil drop challenge and i barrely make it alive after round 3

Finally got all the achievements! Woot! The randomness is the real pain. I was really ticked when they randomized your starting mana on Train Runner. You either can do two blinks in a row, or only one, which is just plain stupid if you are competing with the leaderboards.

I really like the idea of challenges.

So i started playing dishonored for first time starting with the trails.

They are more annoying than fun and the achievements rrelated to it are redicules hard!

Right now im doing the oil drop challenge and i barrely make it alive after round 3

For Oil Drop, try turning your sensitivity down in the options. I turned mine down to 10 and it helped a lot.

Finally got all the achievements! Woot! The randomness is the real pain. I was really ticked when they randomized your starting mana on Train Runner. You either can do two blinks in a row, or only one, which is just plain stupid if you are competing with the leaderboards.

For Oil Drop, try turning your sensitivity down in the options. I turned mine down to 10 and it helped a lot.

You, sir, are a GOD. F*ck me. No chance for me to do what you have somehow done.

The expert challenges and killing all enemies until wave 13 are my hardest ones.

plus i'm waiting for a video guide for the jump locations

but yeah this DLC does not go with the game. I like the idea of a trial type thing for this game, but when the achievements are this crazy hard it sucks. Dishonored was a easy 1000, now the trail achievements have made it challenging.

STAY AWAY!!!

Edited by Deadly Krueger

The expert challenges and killing all enemies until wave 13 are my hardest ones.

plus i'm waiting for a video guide for the jump locations

but yeah this DLC does not go with the game. I like the idea of a trial type thing for this game, but when the achievements are this crazy hard it sucks. Dishonored was a easy 1000, now the trail achievements have made it challenging.

STAY AWAY!!!

Indeed stay away!!

Right im having a hard time with the bonfire expert.

Getting stuck behind everything or blink and an emeny suck you to him and all that kind of BS.

I really can't believe these challenges are that damn hard!

They all take hours to complete.

Ohh and BTW the controls sometimes seems unresponsive when you trying to jump!

Edited by dodo101

This DLC definitely extended the life of the game for just $5, but if you suck at games, then you'll probably want to stay away. Keep at it, and don't give up like a cry baby and you'll 100% it.

Great contribution. Can you come up with anything besides 'they suck at games' whenever someone has an opinion about difficulty? It has already been explained multiple times that the randomness is what contributes to the frustration.....and the last time I checked, randomness doesn't have anything to do with 'skill' in a game. I don't see anyone acting like a crybaby, only you coming across as an elitist ass for no reason, whatsoever.

My god, the achievement in this DLC are tough! The DLC is fun and has a new twist to the game, but its not story related. There will be two more coming out in the future and I hope they are a lot better than the latest one.

I also hope so and I have high hopes for them. I'll probably pick them up when I can.

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh. I shouldn't have read this.

I already despise trial stuff like this and now I don't even wanna try the fucking things... :/

Especially because it's incongruous with the game in general and I'm much more interested in the DLC Arkane teased about that'll follow Daud.

Great contribution. Can you come up with anything besides 'they suck at games' whenever someone has an opinion about difficulty? It has already been explained multiple times that the randomness is what contributes to the frustration.....and the last time I checked, randomness doesn't have anything to do with 'skill' in a game. I don't see anyone acting like a crybaby, only you coming across as an elitist ass for no reason, whatsoever.

My thoughts exactly. Someone's ego needs constant polishing I bet.

From the responses I have seen I think I will be avoiding this one.

I have 2 more achievements to go to 1k the game and then I will just go off and sulk that it counts as an incomplete game in my stats because of not having or completing the DLC.

Same, was wondering if it was any fun. I loved Dishonored but am not interested in "Trials" type of DLC for any game. Would love more story based missions instead.

Getting 1000 in this one was a blast. I'd like to not sully the fun.

With regards to DLC making a game "not compete", bah I say! :p I like the TA approach to that: DLC is optional. Because it is. The original/main 1000 in a game is what matters to me, DLC achievements are a nice bit of dressing but if I can nab 100% on the main then I'm okay considering it complete at that point.

My thoughts exactly. Someone's ego needs constant polishing I bet.

Same, was wondering if it was any fun. I loved Dishonored but am not interested in "Trials" type of DLC for any game. Would love more story based missions instead.

Getting 1000 in this one was a blast. I'd like to not sully the fun.

With regards to DLC making a game "not compete", bah I say! :p I like the TA approach to that: DLC is optional. Because it is. The original/main 1000 in a game is what matters to me, DLC achievements are a nice bit of dressing but if I can nab 100% on the main then I'm okay considering it complete at that point.

Totally agree here. I mean there are many different ways to think about it. If you love whoring GS or what have you, this is a good value. To me, it was just not a FUN challenge, but just a FRUSTRATING one. Not that the games are comparable, but Dark Souls for instance is a very challenging & patience testing game but it's highly enjoyable.

Dishonored was fun, it's just not the game I want to spend doing trials on. It's not the most creative DLC by a longshot BUT it is very well priced for what it is.

I agree with the TA approach too. I love having most of the COD's completed but a lot of that DLC is just too overpriced and not worth it.

Here mang, take a puff from this. :blunt

• 2 weeks later...
This might be the first DLC I have bought and completely bailed on.

I'm the same, I absolutely loved the actual game then made the mistake of trying a few of these, boy, what a crock of shit this DLC is.

It's not difficulty that's putting me off but that I supremely cannot be arsed with all the luck-based shit.

For example I figured I'd have a laugh and try getting to wave 13 in that trial and for fuck's sake, I had to restart about 7 times on the first wave because it was spawning a Weeper next to two guards and the majority of the time, even with blinking to them, they'd kill it before I could get there.

It was at this point that I told this to fuck off - If the achievements were simply very difficult I'd have hung on until I'd got them but when they make luck to be effectively the deciding factor in how well a run will go, they can stick it up their arse.

Kudos, though, somebody might have actually finally made something as worthless as Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot.