Your most hated enemy? (a bit late I know)

a7x4lyf3

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The Ghosts in the New Londo ruins are extremely bothersome. They can navigate through walls and floors and hit you through them. They like to spawn behind your character as well.

Besides them, the archers in Anor Lando and the Capra Demon boss fight near the beginning of the game were relatively annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

The normal enemies I've never had any real problems with. The Toxic dart dudes were a pain until I found out where they were and then it's quick and easy to deal with them. The snipers covering the bridge in Anor Londo can be a pain, but from NG+ onwards I just slap on the Hawk ring, stand on the part of the bridge where they can't hit me and take them down, first time around I probably got lucky as I was able to hide in cover and hit the guy on the right whilst he couldn't hit me.

A couple of the bosses were my weakness and based purely on my first playthrough, Sif was the worst. Dex based Melee build and he was a frigging nightmare for me. He's pretty easy now though as I can tank him with maxed out armour etc.

Smough and Ornstein are hell, but I walloped them on my own first and second time around, 3rd time I summoned solaire and it was fine, took a couple of tries but was fine nonetheless. Capra Demon I've never had a problem with, same tactic every time, walk in, roll slightly left, kill dogs with rising attack after roll, turn, roll back then just watch his attacks, if I am low on health, just dodge an attack and sink an Estus then finish him off.

Overall though, I have to give it to Gwyn. A strange choice to many people I think, but he's the consistently most irritating boss. First time around I beat him first attempt because I was over leveled and could tank him. Second time was tough until I learned to time the counters, then I took him out easily, but it took me a good dozen or so tries. I'm on my 3rd time around now and I just can't beat him, most I can get is 2 parry attacks before he kills me. His damage output is so high now that one mistake and I'm screwed. It doesn't help that I just can't get a free moment to heal either, so my only chance is to kill him without needing to heal. Extremely tough. He never gets into the a good pattern of attacks for me either, which is what he would do last time around which made it easy to parry, this time he does more and it makes it horrible to do repeatedly. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to run through those damn knights over and over again.

The Stone Guardians in the DLC are tougher than any of the regular enemies in the normal game. That one move they do where they slam their Stone Greataxe into the ground & then rip the earth from under you can be very annoying when they spam the move over & over.

As for bosses, The Bed of Chaos is very cheap & not much fun to battle. But Manus, Father of the Abyss is one tough cookie & although I beat him at the second time of asking both battles took ages & felt pretty epic.

I'm not looking forward to taking him on in my recently started New Game+ :eek:

Edited by Sith Ambassador

The toxic dart guys and bone wheels are the most annoying and cheapest enemies in the game.

For bosses:

Capra demon. That fight is decided in the 1st 5 seconds once you enter the fog. If the god damn hell dogs don't trap you in the corner and you are able to make it up the stairs, it's pretty much a win.

Boy George Gwyndolin on NG+. For some reason, his magic attacks were destroying me. I must have died 6-7 times before I finally was able to splatter his brains on the floor. I had the most trouble on this boss fight than any other so far in my play throughs.

I'm struggling to get past the crawling giant skellies on the way to the Nito boss. The darkness and lack of room to maneuver makes it way more difficult (even though I can kill then in two hits...).

Any tips would be greatly appreciated but I dont think theres a lot more that I can do to make it easier (I'm using heavy armour, heavy shield and +5 Black Knight Sword) :mad:

Gotta cast my vote with the Anor Londo archers as well. It took me until my sixth play through to figure out that if I cast hide body at the midway point, then use the dragonbow and arrow once at the top, it will knock the one in the way off the ledge while the other never acknowledges my presence One shot, one kill, and peace and tranquility in this area.

I'm struggling to get past the crawling giant skellies on the way to the Nito boss. The darkness and lack of room to maneuver makes it way more difficult (even though I can kill then in two hits...).

Any tips would be greatly appreciated but I dont think theres a lot more that I can do to make it easier (I'm using heavy armour, heavy shield and +5 Black Knight Sword) :mad:

You may need to use lighter armor, but the best way is to get next to/behind them. Circling once you have gained this position works, and it does the sprawling attack you can whale on it.

Also, after the second bonfire, you can hug the wall on the right and skip the group of three of them.

Gotta cast my vote with the Anor Londo archers as well. It took me until my sixth play through to figure out that if I cast hide body at the midway point, then use the dragonbow and arrow once at the top, it will knock the one in the way off the ledge while the other never acknowledges my presence One shot, one kill, and peace and tranquility in this area.

i didint know about to cast a hide body spell..i run trught them like crazy..yeah i die like 5 time..now i know for my 3 playtrought.. i hate those snipers

Capra demon was a pussy :p

Boss wise, I still hate Smough and Ornstein. I hate fighting them. Its the only part of the game besides Tomb of Giants that can make me rage.

I hated the ghosts in New londo ruins, freaking bastards. Luckily I kept a handful of transient curses at all times. Still very annoying though.