My password is never remembered by this site.

Sith Ambassador

Hi,

I've never created a thread before but I couldn't find any solutions to my problem in any of the other threads.

I joined xboxachievements.com last year but I find logging in to my account to be a complete & utter nightmare. Hence why I've not logged on since until very recently.

Every single time I try to log in to my account I get the same damn message about how my username or password is invalid. I then have to got through the rigmarole of changing my password just so that I can log in to my own account.

So can somebody please help me overcome this ridiculous situation. I've never experienced this problem with any other site & if I can't find a solution with this thread then it's sayonara to ever logging on to this site ever again & I'll just go back to using this great site for gaming tips & advice. Which would be a shame as I really like the community here.

Hi,

I've never created a thread before but I couldn't find any solutions to my problem in any of the other threads.

I joined xboxachievements.com last year but I find logging in to my account to be a complete & utter nightmare. Hence why I've not logged on since until very recently.

Every single time I try to log in to my account I get the same damn message about how my username or password is invalid. I then have to got through the rigmarole of changing my password just so that I can log in to my own account.

So can somebody please help me overcome this ridiculous situation. I've never experienced this problem with any other site & if I can't find a solution with this thread then it's sayonara to ever logging on to this site ever again & I'll just go back to using this great site for gaming tips & advice. Which would be a shame as I really like the community here.

Probably a silly question but one that must be asked nonetheless:

Are you clicking (putting a check mark) in the little box that says "Remember Me" when you log in? I made the same mistake once before myself so it's anything to be embarrassed about.

Also, if you delete all of your cookies, that will undo the whole remember me thing as well. Also also, you may want to write down or save in your phone what your login is so you don't have to go through the forgot password thing again.

Oh, also some more, you are actually picking a new permanent password, yes? Not just logging in with the temporary one and moving on?

Lol, thank you!

I just signed in with no problems as I clicked the 'remember me' box right after I wrote in my user name & password.

So, everytime a person logs in they must then check the remember me box or they won't be able to log in? That does seem very strange but hey-ho. I thought I was just supposed to tick the remember me box when I first used a new password so that the system would then remember me from now on.

At least I can log in now when I want to without going into my email to do the whole 'send me a new password' thing.

Thank you very much for your help. :)

Just one more thing though, what's the difference between a temporary password and a permanent one?

Temporary password is random, i.e. aslkdfj2348as while a permanent is something you'll remember, i.e. [dog's name]. If you request a temporary password, that CHANGES your password. It isn't "aslkdfj2348as" for one login and then back to "[dog's name]". You have to change it back to [dog's name] in your User CP.

That might be what's giving you problems. Your temporary password actually becomes permanent, it's just suggested as temporary since it's random.