DMC2's bloody palace..

Yeah yeah.. DMC2's bloody palace... It seems like they made the main game so easy even on DMD so that they can torture you with this thing and the associated achievements. 30+ Freki and Gekis or 30+ flying goats in one room (well, at least in groups of 6..) aren't completely insane, nooo... What I want to know is if there are any certain techniques how to do this and if someone already beat it. We could also collect strategies and tips in this thread since I will be most likely not the only one who has/will have problems with the palace.

I made it to... floor 3000? - Then said goats raped me and it looks like Dante is a rather bad choice for the palace.

I'm not that far yet in the Bloody Palace (got up to 1000, then got bored), but from what I've gathered: Trish seems to be the your best choice. Round Trip is insanely useful against the goats because it homes, you can use her Ifrit moves while Round Tripping and her weapons are maxed from the start so all you need to focus your Red Orbs on is DT, health and items.

While she's not as strong as Dante in terms of melee damage, her melee attacks are not as weak as Lucia's. Her ranged damage is right in between there as well. To me, she's the perfect mix for any type of combat: decent short range and decent long range damage.

I'm not that far yet in the Bloody Palace (got up to 1000, then got bored), but from what I've gathered: Trish seems to be the your best choice. Round Trip is insanely useful against the goats because it homes, you can use her Ifrit moves while Round Tripping and her weapons are maxed from the start so all you need to focus your Red Orbs on is DT, health and items.

While she's not as strong as Dante in terms of melee damage, her melee attacks are not as weak as Lucia's. Her ranged damage is right in between there as well. To me, she's the perfect mix for any type of combat: decent short range and decent long range damage.

Well.. I tried it with Trish now and isn't any better. - You need roughly 3 DTed Round Trips to kill one goat with 1 1/2 health bars and when there are 2+ of them, you nearly never have the chance to round trip. I don't want to know how it is when youre fighting six of them..

Level 8000... Guess what? A FUCKING DEMOCHORUS GOT STUCK UNDER THE MAP.

Anyway, here is what I've gathered while playing with Dante...

- Healing Heart and Aerial Heart are WIN. You just really use them.

- Geri and Freki & even better, Savage Golem rounds are really good for refilling your HP and your DT

- Maxed out rocket launcher = very good against most enemies

- Use your sword to get DT faster, but don't get too cocky, especially not against DTed enemies.

- Don't even try to melee attack savage golems, goats only if you think it's a good time for it.

- If you stay in a corner, the homing projectiles from the flying goats will most likely not hit you, so you're rather safe.

- Barrage the goats with the rocket launcher, it also sends them flying as long as they're not DTed.

- Don't waste your DT on enemies, it's much better if you heal yourself with it (you should still attack everything that could hit you while you're in air, goats for example)

I'll write down more things if I feel to/anyone needs more help. But now I'll go kill myself because of this damn bug.

Just a quick question with this, I gather if you die, you restart from the very beggining? is that correct?

Also can you save it, then come back to it later?

Or is it one sitting

One sitting, so prepare for 6+ hours DMC2. Also gather a lot of items if you think you won't survive this without use of them - healing heart would also help as already mentioned.

Well.. I tried it with Trish now and isn't any better. - You need roughly 3 DTed Round Trips to kill one goat with 1 1/2 health bars and when there are 2+ of them, you nearly never have the chance to round trip. I don't want to know how it is when youre fighting six of them..

I didn't get beyond wave 31XX with Trish, simply because of the bloody goats.

If there were Holy Waters in this game, then I'd buy them simply for this ridiculous mode. Every wave is piss-easy, but any wave with too many flying goats is torture. You simply can't evade that many projectiles all the time and you'll regularly get hit with random hits from either the flying goats or the little critters jumping around.

The waves with Geri and Freki are annoying. It usually takes me over ten minutes to clear such a wave, at least fifteen if they're DT'ed.

Here's a tip: don't go the Boss route. Any wave ending with a 0 contains a boss, and they'll appear in a set order. I could easily beat the Infested Chopper and Tank, Plutonium and Tartarussian, but Phantom simply refused to be hurt by my attacks until I got rid of his support. Then, Furiataurus refused to get hurt at all, even after getting rid of the minor enemies.

So, I can't really recommend this route.

I'll try Dante next, see how far I can get with him.

DMC3's and DMC4's BP are much easier than this piece of drivel. :\

I didn't get beyond wave 31XX with Trish, simply because of the bloody goats.

If there were Holy Waters in this game, then I'd buy them simply for this ridiculous mode. Every wave is piss-easy, but any wave with too many flying goats is torture. You simply can't evade that many projectiles all the time and you'll regularly get hit with random hits from either the flying goats or the little critters jumping around.

The waves with Geri and Freki are annoying. It usually takes me over ten minutes to clear such a wave, at least fifteen if they're DT'ed.

Here's a tip: don't go the Boss route. Any wave ending with a 0 contains a boss, and they'll appear in a set order. I could easily beat the Infested Chopper and Tank, Plutonium and Tartarussian, but Phantom simply refused to be hurt by my attacks until I got rid of his support. Then, Furiataurus refused to get hurt at all, even after getting rid of the minor enemies.

So, I can't really recommend this route.

I'll try Dante next, see how far I can get with him.

DMC3's and DMC4's BP are much easier than this piece of drivel. :\

I thought the exactly same thing about the holy water. Maybe they didn't make it buyable because of this mode..

Use dante with the healing and the aerial hearts, that's the easiest way. Also, the rebellion is the best weapon to use since it's the most balanced.

You may want to take the +10 level teleport at first and then start to use 100+ teleporters. It felt like the enemies on those stages were easier.

For the goats... Like I said, stay in a corner, they most likely will not hit you. If they still hit you, try to look for a open spot in between their homing shit. If you can't find one, try another corner. If everything else fails, get your Lv3 rocket launcher out (You'll do this anyway, whether you're in a corner or not..), and roll and shoot like theres no tomorrow, DT if possible. Also, you may want to take abyss goats out first (they're the ones who tend to be flying mostly), then the blood goats (Mixture of flying and being at the ground) and the normal goats.. well, just kill them if they annoy you.

Overall.. If you're doing this, have fun for a 6+ hour ride of dumb shooting and Y mashing.

50 minutes for the whole palace?

Fifty minutes for the whole palace.

Here's the deal:

- Unlock Trish by beating Dante's Hard campaign.

- Beat any Must Die mode. I did Lucia's as it was the shorter one of the two, but it doesn't really matter. After beating it, you'll see a gold medal on your save profile

- Before you load the save file on which you beat Must Die, change your character to Trish

- Load that save game

- Place your selection on Bloody Palace

- Press and hold, :rbbut: :rtbut: :lbbut: :ltbut:

- Hit :abut: to select the Bloody Palace and keep those buttons held down until the game loads

If done correctly, you'll hear a sound (the same sound as when you completely fill your DT gauge). Also, you'll start with a full DT gauge.

The tactic for every wave is pretty simple: Air Hike, DT, spam :xbut: until you pass the wave. This takes roughly 45 seconds per wave.

DT will heal you, so if you get hurt you'll heal right back up.

For Sargassos' you'll have to go to them to hit them, but everything else will easily die.

Have fun! ;D

Here's the deal:

- Beat any Must Die mode. I did Lucia's as it was the shorter one of the two, but it doesn't really matter. After beating it, you'll see a gold medal on your save profile

- Before you load the save file on which you beat Must Die, change your character to Trish

- Load that save game

- Hit :abut: to select the Bloody Palace and keep those buttons held down until the game loads

If done correctly, you'll hear a sound (the same sound as when you completely fill your DT gauge). Also, you'll start with a full DT gauge.

The tactic for every wave is pretty simple: Air Hike, DT, spam :xbut: until you pass the wave. This takes roughly 45 seconds per wave.

For Sargassos' you'll have to go to them to hit them, but everything else will easily die.

Have fun! ;D

And I tortured myself.. God damnit.

Its not DMC4 where they had a scaled down rating if you used a super character, I used S. Vergil for DMC3's BP and still got the achievement. Thanks for the info dude will definatlly be using this when I finally play this miserable excuse for a game.

Here's the deal:

- Load that save game

Have fun! ;D

hey man thx - this hepled me alot :) i was about to start my DMC 2 Bloody Palace run - then i stumpeld over this Thread - what a coinsidence :)

now 2 hours later im finally done -1000gs :) HD Collection complete !

The achievmentlist was not so hard at all - a little bit yes but it was absolutly doable - it was mostly time consuming -but way more easy then DMC4 achievments - in my opinion

The hardest Achievment in my opinion was the DMC 1 Dante must die mode.

But anyway thx for your post ! tremendous help - saved me alot of hours :)

Doesnt seem to work in America. ><

thats bad - you have my sympathies -thats gonna be one long and hard afternoone :eek: - like i sayd in my other post - i did not knew this either :rolleyes: altough i´m a total DMC Fanboy and i thought i knew everything about DMC:) but i think thats because its DMC 2 :biglaugh