Kinnect

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I'm really glad I looked this up. I was gonna get it for free but I'm not spending money on a "vision cam" when I've got the kinect. How lame they didn't update that

Tom Clancey's Rainbow Six: Vegas was released on Xbox 360 on November 21, 2006, Kinect was released in North America on November 4, 2010. There were about 550 retail games released for the North America region in that time. Soo unreasonable that this was never addressed. :(

Tom Clancey's Rainbow Six: Vegas was released on Xbox 360 on November 21, 2006, Kinect was released in North America on November 4, 2010. There were about 550 retail games released for the North America region in that time. Soo unreasonable that this was never addressed. :(

If that was sarcastic as i think it was, well i think the guy's main point was that out of those 550 games, very few required the vision cam for an achievement...

Even tough i understand they didn't bother with a game as old as this, its still disapointing that you can't use a device that pretty much does the same thing.

Also this achievement shouldn't had been put in either of the 2 games... Requiring an external device for an achievement should had been against the microsoft rules... Even tough the feature was cool on paper, and i still use my custom head on R6V1, those camera where costly back then(i was lucky to have a friend that got one) and it worked so badly... My real face in the game always came out horrible, like i had a sock like one of those seen in old movies by thief... i managed to do something decent with a mask... but it never worked in the second game even tough i did the same. You would also need a crazy lighning source... i actually only manage to have it work on a very sunny early afternoon in my living room back then that had a balcony door... I tried in my room with a classic 60 watts light, never worked...

So well this achievement was BS ... a lot. Im so glad i could had it work back in the days...

Now of course you can tell me its not worst than games that have closed servers and you can never get the achievements at all(and im not talking of sports games only... Army of Two... yes i look at you)

But still... In a perfect world we wouldn't see those kind of achievements or games with MP achievements that are doom to suck ass online(the darkness for exemple) and the developers couldn't not notice how bad there online was...

• 2 weeks later...

It would be impossible to program the game to use technology that wouldn't even be made available to consumers until 4 years in the future. As for those demanding some kind of update to handle this... I'd MUCH rather the developers be working on current technology than making a patch so a game that came out 7 years ago could have a new way of doing something it can already do.

It wouldn't be as simple as changing one line of code. The Vision Camera and Kinect are very different technology and have completely different APIs.