Achievement Guide

jaded805

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 'Perform 100 X Amount of Moves' achievements don't seem to be that bad as initially thought. I got the 100 Special Moves in about the 4th challenge and after about 5 online matches where I was promptly labelled as 'cheap' by my opponent, lmfao.

Winning matches equals cheap in todays day I guess? Kids. Are some of you finding a lot of dropped connections when trying to play online at all?

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/80/035.jpgLobbyist 10G

Create 10 multiplayer lobbies.

*EASY WAY*

Simple go to Xbox Live Battle, CREATE a Ranked or Player Match, wait for someone to join, and leave.

Rinse and repeat, there's no need to play the actual match if you don't want to.

Thanks for the guide, bro. One appointment. It's not necessary to wait someone to join. I created a lobby and instantly I exit to menu and then created a lobby again and then exit again... all the same up to ten times and got the achievement. It's faster than waiting someone to join :)

Edited by da_hot_funk

Now I haven't played this yet, but I'm pretty sure all those "player interactions" for the crowd pleaser achievement are the little miniscenes that play before you fight with two characters that have one. For instance, Ken vs. Ryu, Ryu vs. Sakura, Ryu vs. Sagat, Ryu vs. Dan are probably all fights that have cutscenes before them. And by cutscene I mean like, 2 second animation.

I used this technique to win the Legendary Champion Achievement:

- before you even attempt this, make sure you have Akuma and Gouken unlocked

(otherwise you wont be able to fight against Gouken after Seth)

- play difficulty hardest/3 rounds/60 seconds

(more rounds and more time = more chances for perfect rounds/ultra combos)

- don't use continues. in fact, never lose a round!

(i lost one round at Seth and it didnt work anymore)

- do more than 2 rounds and more than 3 ultra combos

(i did it with 4 perfects and around 6 ultra combos)

- pray you you dont have to fight Cammy on the way to the boss

(she does a lot of low attacks and is very dangerous)

- when you fight seth, make sure to dodge/block his super/ultra attacks

(just press away from him during the first part of the move animation)

took me a while to iron out the kinks but JTL's find and my tips you should be able to get it after a few tries.

Good luck.

I just got the Legendary Champion Achievement earlier today. I've only spent 10 minutes and got it in my first trial. Here's my setup.

1. Both Akuma and Gouken have already unlocked as playable characters.

2. Play difficulty "Hardest", 1 round, 99 seconds, using Zangief

3. Got 2 perfect wins, 2 UC finishes and 1 SC finish and did not lose a round

4. Gouken challenged me after defeating Seth

5. Beat Gouken and achievement unlocked

The 'Perform 100 X Amount of Moves' achievements don't seem to be that bad as initially thought. I got the 100 Special Moves in about the 4th challenge and after about 5 online matches where I was promptly labelled as 'cheap' by my opponent, lmfao.

Winning matches equals cheap in todays day I guess? Kids. Are some of you finding a lot of dropped connections when trying to play online at all?

Well cheap is for example: Zangief, spamming his 360 throw and screwdriver, the whole time, unblockable, just played some guy who did this:drunk

All the "Perform X movements" Achievements can be done in the Challenge Mode ( the one above the Training, im not sure how it is in English because im playing on Spanish ). Its very easy because your opponent its a puppet that does nothing and you can do all the taunts, Ex special and so. Of course you will eventualy get all this achievements only by playing, but if anyone want a little dash, this is the fastest options.

Sorry for my grammar, but im not English native :)

I'm still enjoying the game and would like to add my 2 cents in order to help those not-so-good players, plus those players having no joystick (like me).

1. XXX Combo Master / Champion achievements + Sunny Daze

I'd suggest to play survival, normal mode 1 repetitively. There are altogether 8 stages and the opponents are fairly weak. While your super combo gauge is always full, you can perform as many as super/ ultra combos or ex/ focus attacks as you like. You'd should be able to get all these achievements in 2-3 hours.

2. Arcade Rat, World Champion, Save Your Quarters

First, set it to 1 round with 30 seconds per match in arcade mode and choose Zangief as your character. Use Double Lariat (3 punches at the same time, or "LB" button) continuously, and you should be able to get a perfect win/ easy win most of the time. This is particularly useful even opponents are using focus attacks, as this move will make a 3-hit to them (given the first hit is blocked). In case you find still it difficult to beat the opponents, try your very best to give some damage to your opponents, and stay away or keep blocking as the clock will only last for 30 seconds. (I personally made a perfect win over Akuma using joypad; and I guess you guys can do the same as well).

As for the legendary champion achievement, I cannot confirm if this works as I have yet to fight against Gouken in the very last stage.

3. The World Warrior / Storied Reputation

If you find it difficult in using a particular character, you can also use similar strategy as mentioned above. Set it to 1 round with 30 seconds per match, medium difficulty in arcade mode, and choose whatever character you'd like (you can choose Zangief as well, but you'll miss the prologue movie of that particular character in the gallery upon finishing the game.) Continue playing until you lose the match, then simply continue the game using Zangief and you'd get some easy wins afterwards. Then you intentionally lose the match when against Seth, and choose back the original character you'd like to use in the beginning. Try your very best to give some damage to Seth, and stay away or keep blocking as the clock will only last for 30 seconds. This may take some trials but you can get it eventually if you're patience.

I don't know if the above, or something simlar have been posted in any other threads; but these methods were "developed" by myself after playing the game for 3 hours. Thanks!

you are the best... i beat seth and akuma at my first try with your strategy... nice work... :-)

That's not cheap, that's your fault for letting him get close enough to use them. =/

Im sorry but this game is bringing the worst out in people partly to do with the desperate need for achievement. 95% of games I've played online has been against Ryu slags constantly throwing fire bombs. I have only played against two other characters, one Rufus and one Chun Li. I for one won't be playing anymore ranked, I'll stick to playing my friends.

Well have you unlocked Akuma?

The basic checklist for Gouken is:

1. Have unlocked all characters except Gouken and Seth

2. Have beaten Arcade Mode with Akuma beforehand

3. Start Arcade Mode with a character who has already finished Arcade Mode before

4. 2 Perfects, 2 Ultra-Combo Finishes, No Continues (Get 2 Perfects just to be safe)

Edited by jaded805

Well have you unlocked Akuma?

The basic checklist for Gouken is:

1. Have unlocked all characters except Gouken and Seth

2. Have beaten Arcade Mode with Akuma beforehand

3. Start Arcade Mode with a character who has already finished Arcade Mode before

4. 2 Perfects, 2 Ultra-Combo Finishes, No Continues (Get 2 Perfects just to be safe)

Yep I've got Akuma. I finish with everybody exept Rose as I remember, but it's not a probleme for unlock Gouken am I right?

I did only one perfect, 2 ultra comba finishes on arcade game 1 round and beguiner difficulty.

You guys must all be good. I can't even get past seth on medium.

Spam Zangief and LP+MP+HP throughout. I managed complete "Hardest" difficulty without using a single continue this way on single, 30 second rounds for the two related achievements (Save your Quarters and World Champion), and I'm not very good with fighting games in general.

That's not cheap, that's your fault for letting him get close enough to use them. =/

Agreed. I guess it is easy to understand how others can perceive someone as "cheap". In this game there really are no cheap moves, as far as I am concerned. Unless if by cheap you mean taking advantage of a move (or moves) the other player can't figure out how to defend himself against and repeatedly using it.

Winning is all about exploiting the other players weaknesses.

As far as unlocking the colors and personal actions go, you seem to unlock them through the challenges. I've been doing a few and every once in a while when I complete one, I get a new color or personal action. Figured I'd throw that out there in case anyone was still wondering.

I notice that you usually unlock a color/ action on Level 1 of each challenge. Subsequently, you unlock them by playing the tougher "in-between" challenges. For example, for NORMAL Survival, I unlocked colors when playing the challenges that require a 12-WINS quota to advance. Not sure if you need to achieve a Gold Medal in these to unlock them though.