Overused/Overpowered Classes

So in Modern Warfare 2, do you think they will have some perk/weapon that will be used by EVERYONE? Almost like Jugganaut and round drum from CoD:WaW, or do think IW have noticed this and not made the same mistake?

Post your thoughts here :)

Erm, those classes are there for a reason. They are there to use. Therefore they are not abused.

If the M16 is the most accurate and does the most damage, why wouldn't you take advantage of it?

Calling the M16 noob makes you noob. It is a good gun. Learn how to use it or get over it.

Sleight of hand and stopping power in a single class sounds a little absurd to me, but then again so does a silent sniper with a heartbeat sensor. This game is going to have so many combinations to try that not any single one will really be like M16 stopping power is on COD4.

If the M16 is the most accurate and does the most damage, why wouldn't you take advantage of it?

Calling the M16 noob makes you noob. It is a good gun. Learn how to use it or get over it.

That's my problem with it, you don't have to 'Learn how to use it'. You just point and pull the trigger once and they're dead, not only is that incredibly boring, it is also incredibly easy.

Confirmed? If so, FUCK THAT!

Yup. At 5:23 in the video below, it lists Sleight of Hand under perk 1. And at 3:45 , if you pause, you see AKIMBO fouth down in the list of ATTACHMENTS for the PP2000.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx7EUm7sIUg]YouTube - Modern Warfare 2 - CREATE A CLASS[/ame]

Edited by Cjmainy
changed the timings around.

Yup. At 5:23 in the video below, it lists Sleight of Hand under perk 1. And at 3:45 , if you pause, you see AKIMBO fouth down in the list of ATTACHMENTS for the PP2000.

YouTube - Modern Warfare 2 - CREATE A CLASS

Oh well, I guess that will come in handy more than it will hurt. I hate losing my sleight of hand for UAV Jammer. Now that I think about it, other than core games, which I doubt I'll play since they'll have HC Dom, Bling wouldn't really help except for when you want a silencer and RDS. I can work with this though, on CoD4 I run jammer with a M4 with RDS anyways, so I may just have to settle for that, or just keep a class with both and switch if I know there's a UAV up for the enemy.

Yeah, I was actually quite pleased that it was moved to perk 1.

Sleight of Hand + Stopping power = jizz.

I've always wanted to use Sleight of Hand and Jammer(HC TDM)/Stopping Power(Domination) together, it just pissed me off for a minute or two when I found out I will not be able to use Bling and SoH. But the more I think about it, the less I think it'll come in handy, seeing as all I play is HC TDM, and by that time, without Jammer there's no point in having a silencer, so I'm good now. I'll just have a separate class for Bling/Jammer/Extreme Conditioning.

They aren't bringing back Second Chance right, just Last Stand again with no team revives? I will miss that.

i personally think that there will be so many new weapons and perks that no one will be using the same thing all the time also the m16 i think is all right cause usually it is only noobs who use it and they suck anyway so it doesnt really matter.

i was a massive noob at first on cod4, absolutely sucked and i hated the m16, then i got good, and realised on wetwork the m16 is a mans best friend...42kills in a tdm, twice a group of 5 people left in that match, there is no imbalance cuz everything is available to everyone, so stop complaining if you get killed by an m16 or an m40(which was a shit gun) cuz you can use it urself. if every gun in the game was exactly equal to one another what would be the point, may as well just have one gun in the whole game

i was a massive noob at first on cod4, absolutely sucked and i hated the m16, then i got good, and realised on wetwork the m16 is a mans best friend...42kills in a tdm, twice a group of 5 people left in that match, there is no imbalance cuz everything is available to everyone, so stop complaining if you get killed by an m16 or an m40(which was a shit gun) cuz you can use it urself. if every gun in the game was exactly equal to one another what would be the point, may as well just have one gun in the whole game

im not complaining all i said is that i think the game will be balanced for the same reason that the m16 is and besides i didnt say that anyone who uses the m16 is a noob just that alot of noobs do use it.:)

there is no imbalance cuz everything is available to everyone, so stop complaining if you get killed by an m16 or an m40(which was a shit gun) cuz you can use it urself.

You're missing the point. There IS an imbalance in the power of the M16. No other gun in the game is that powerful. That whole "Use it yourself" argument is total shit, everyone who complained about it would just be hypocrites.

i was a massive noob at first on cod4, absolutely sucked and i hated the m16, then i got good, and realised on wetwork the m16 is a mans best friend

You absolutely sucked... used the M16... and then became better. Do you see the connection?

i think bling will be used alot. not necesarily tgonna change the gameplay but i think it will be used just for red dot and silencer. pretty good combo there.

also some of the new guns like the auto shotgun and maybe some new assault rifles will be used but i think they have balanced the game out well. that was modern warfare 1s main point on multiplayer.

The M16 has to be the best weapon in the game, because it is the beginning weapon. A person who has never played a COD game has to, at least, stand a chance against the best the game has to offer. The only thing noobish about it is the people who continued to use the same gun till they hit prestige 10 lv. 55. Then you could make the argument that they know nothing else. Even though all guns in the game are point and pull lever.