Need Help/Complete Noob

Practice. Not much more I can say really. The game has a Tutorial and a Challenge mode to learn the basic game mechanics and characters combo's.

I bought my Xbox in March 2010 and the first fighting game I picked up was Super Street Fighter 4 (before that, I played stuff like Super Smash Bros). And it took me over a year to get decent at the game because it required character knowledge, strategy, great blocking and combo execution. I was getting my ass kicked but I had a lot of fun playing the game which is the most important thing. After I played SSF4 for so long, it took me a couple of weeks to get good at other fighting games like MK9, MvC3 and SFxTK.

If you've never invested a lot of time into Fighting Games, you're not gonna learn this game within a couple of weeks. So my advice is, find the characters you like, find out what they can do, try to execute that and go online. Trust me, you'll get better over time. Just don't put the controller down if things don't go your way.

thanks bro, good advice. i definitely need to learn to not quit so easily haha. im used to playing shooting games and shit so it's hard for me to pick up a fighting game and be good at it. i'll definitely take a swing at the practice mode and try and get better.

much appreciated :)

I was actually in the same perdicament as you just a week ago and Ive improved greatly from when then. Still doesnt say much Im still not even remotely close to be on level with people but I was actually able to raise my rank to D+ which was a feat for me alone lol. Also my choice of characters is different I like to roll underrated characters usually or guys people dont see often.

Here are some small tips that can help.

1. If you see your opponent doing a cross combo it is easily punishable. So be sure to get some damage in while you can. Super Arts are great ways to punish it.

2. Learn some small combos. You may face some guys who can do crazy long combos but it took them a bit to get there obviously so just try and get some small strings together.

3.Pick a character and try to stay with him and practice him. My problem was i changed my main character 4 times a day it killed me. I finally have stuck with one.

Hopefully I helped sorry for the long post lol

Oh this site can help you with your characters :)

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?forums/street-fighter-x-tekken.408/

Just don't put the controller down if things don't go your way.

I agree with M1 Punk completely except this (taking it he doesn't mean completely letting this game go). If things go straight to hell and you feel like throwing your controller out the window. Take a brake, even if it feels useless. Once you're happy or relaxed again pick the game up, if you get mad all the time stop playing it for couple of days and play something else. It actually helps for not to play it everyday. Also if possible play with friends or other people. Ranked with partner is great fun!

Oh and also! If you're serious about fighting games try to learn all the basics completely. I have always just trained combos and mixups mostly but some parts of my basic gameplay is just noobish. I can easily win if I get to play my game = huge combos, but sometimes I just can't get close to my opponent and then I'm screwed.