Patch 1.04 changelog (Stimulus Money to come *hopefully* early next week)

skatermike21988

The latest automatic title update for GTA Online is now available for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. As promised, this update addresses the remaining issues where some people's vehicles or vehicle modifications were disappearing due to a cloud save failure - as well as all the other fixes mentioned below:

Fixes numerous issues that were causing vehicle loss and/or loss of vehicle mods

Fixes an issue where the incorrect car is replaced when choosing to replace a car in a full garage

Fixes an exploit allowing players to sell the same vehicle multiple times

Fixes an issue that caused personal vehicles to be duplicated

Fixes an issue where some players were unable to pay utility bills on an owned apartment or house

Fixes an issue where players were not getting Crew invites in-game

Fixes an issue where the starting point for the tutorial race was not appearing

Fixes issues with joining Jobs from within a player-owned garage

Fixes issues with players getting stuck while using playlists

Fixes additional issues causing black screens, long load times, and players getting stuck in the sky cam

Adds details in the UI to clarify that characters created while Rockstar cloud is unavailable are temporary (non-saved)

Adds changes to the character creator to make better-looking default characters with the “random” option

Players now only lose a maximum of 500 GTA$ upon death in Freemode

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51603/new-gta-online-title-update.html

Read comments for info about the stimulus deposit

Thank god they lowered the money lost on death...

Edited by skatermike21988

See they haven't fixed that 'bug' that stops the replay feature after you finish a mission...

I also love how they claim there not bothered about players making money yet have patched that repeatedly selling a car exploit lol they're so full of shit!

Edited by Robbo1991

With this money that is (Hopefully) coming soon, Rockstar is practically giving you The American Dream achievement. i know you get the car really early (and insurance is free) and i know that an apartment and a garage total up to about 250,000 if you know where to look, so i hope to get 20G once this update goes live.

With this money that is (Hopefully) coming soon, Rockstar is practically giving you The American Dream achievement. i know you get the car really early (and insurance is free) and i know that an apartment and a garage total up to about 250,000 if you know where to look, so i hope to get 20G once this update goes live.

Uh not sure where you're looking but the cheapest apartment is only $80,000 and comes with a 2-car garage. Nowhere near 250k.

They need to fix passive mode to be passive no matter who shoots from where. so I'm only passive when out of my car? -__-

Glad I don't lose more than $500 dollars now.

Also, this should be in the online forum ?

People can still kill you on foot, they can crash in to you a bunch of times. But yeah, the bill being lower is a godsend compared to the rest of the fixes.

They take out the replay button again, and now they nerf the missions? What's the point of that, now we get less rp and cash for these missions.

And no I have not boosted this game at all but I think it's ridiculous to take out replay AND nerf the missions.

People can still kill you on foot, they can crash in to you a bunch of times. But yeah, the bill being lower is a godsend compared to the rest of the fixes.

Yeah I was referring to passive mode only working ONE certain way. I guess not getting hurt by someone else on foot is what I meant, haha.

Why does everyone keep saying they have taken replay out? It's right fucking there.

Passive mode bugs me atm, people can shoot you in the car just fine, run over you on foot, blow you up, they just can't aim a gun directly at you and shoot. I thought the idea was so people could get to a bank (atm) although you can do from phone, if someone can still kill you while you are driving to the bank, doesn't that defeat the point? Who walks to a bank thats 10miles away? And even then car coming at full speed and you dont move/cant move in time, deaded anyway.

Why does everyone keep saying they have taken replay out? It's right fucking there.

Passive mode bugs me atm, people can shoot you in the car just fine, run over you on foot, blow you up, they just can't aim a gun directly at you and shoot. I thought the idea was so people could get to a bank (atm) although you can do from phone, if someone can still kill you while you are driving to the bank, doesn't that defeat the point? Who walks to a bank thats 10miles away? And even then car coming at full speed and you dont move/cant move in time, deaded anyway.

To be fair, I've survived some crazy hit and run moments. It doesn't always seem to translate the dmg correctly.

To be fair, I've survived some crazy hit and run moments. It doesn't always seem to translate the dmg correctly.

Health is based on the stats and if you have armour, so probably that, im not 100% yet or anything. But still the fact is they can run you over repeatedly and achieve the desired affect.

I'm not against being able to kill someone, but passive shouldn't be like this. Standing around with passive on and still die... Eh, yes break passive if you even attempt to shoot/throw a punch at someone i completely am fine with, if you've been in combat in the last xx mins then dont allow it also so people can't hide behind it. But it should do what it says, or what R* stated at least, try getting to a cashpoint after you annoy 20 ppl :p (okok 15 as thats the max lol) ive not tried as i know the web deposit side, but ive been shot enough in a car and run over enough while afk for 2mins to know its not so much passive but just, you cant aim a gun at me.

Edited by Killerchronic

The new patch breaks the game until Rockstar sorts it out. Basically, there is a save issue where the only progress that saves is anything toward medals. everything else reverts to your last save pre-patch.

For example, if you are a rank 50 right now with $10,000 and get to 55 with $50,000, as soon as you leave online and come back you will be reset back to level 50 & $10,000.

Rockstar said that the issue would be sorted out in a few hours, but that was almost 6 hours ago and the bug is still present. They say that you won't lose progress, but I'm not sure if that means when I sign on I'll be about 10 levels higher, or if it means I won't be reset, and once the bug is fixed I can continue from where I left off pre-patch. Regardless, it renders playing right now pointless unless you are simply just exploring or trying to work toward platinum medals:

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/200296818-Character-Saving-Issues-in-GTA-Online

Edited by xIx EDGE xIx

The latest automatic title update for GTA Online is now available for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. As promised, this update addresses the remaining issues where some people's vehicles or vehicle modifications were disappearing due to a cloud save failure - as well as all the other fixes mentioned below:

Fixes numerous issues that were causing vehicle loss and/or loss of vehicle mods

Fixes an issue where the incorrect car is replaced when choosing to replace a car in a full garage

Fixes an exploit allowing players to sell the same vehicle multiple times

Fixes an issue that caused personal vehicles to be duplicated

Fixes an issue where some players were unable to pay utility bills on an owned apartment or house

Fixes an issue where players were not getting Crew invites in-game

Fixes an issue where the starting point for the tutorial race was not appearing

Fixes issues with joining Jobs from within a player-owned garage

Fixes issues with players getting stuck while using playlists

Fixes additional issues causing black screens, long load times, and players getting stuck in the sky cam

Adds details in the UI to clarify that characters created while Rockstar cloud is unavailable are temporary (non-saved)

Adds changes to the character creator to make better-looking default characters with the “random” option

Players now only lose a maximum of 500 GTA$ upon death in Freemode

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51603/new-gta-online-title-update.html

Read comments for info about the stimulus deposit

Thank god they lowered the money lost on death...

Bullshit!!! The only thing they fixed is the glitch. Some friends of my still have a shitty connection and after a mission it takes hours to continue!!! Rockstar get your shit together!!

Today: After a mission continue to free roam. Message appeared: You have been kicked from this session, my character level went from 30 to 28 and I gained 80k and lost al my gun mods. Fuck Rock*! They only patched for the money glitch, that's all they care about!!