Henry Plummer Battle

Very much stuck at this boss battle done this first half easy enough but cannot progress through the second section the boss keeps throwing dynamite and I cannot get return fire on him, pulling my hair out, any help greatly received.

I'm playing it on Hard difficulty and found the game good so far but this boss battle is having me wish I hadn't bought the game :(:(

I just finsihed this on hard myself. You need to shoot nearly EVERY dynamite he throws at you and keep an eye out of his henchmen as they will flank you. Run around the middle area if you must don't try to stay in one position too long or he will throw one without you knowing.

This game is going to be a bitch on True West lol.

Keep him on the move, so he doesn;t throw dynamite. Using the quick revolver was the choice for me, fast reload. Another trick that seemed to work, is not to fire straight away if he is in cover, just keep him in your sights and unload when he starts to throw, you can blow it up in his hands.

I beat it on the harest setting. What a pain in the ass. Getting to the second part of the battle was not that bad, but that's where it gets tough. I used both the shotgun and the the pistol. At the very beggining of the second part (you have a couple seconds before the hinchmen run out), I pulled out the shotgun and rushed up to the front, so I was underneath and able to see Plummer. After shooting him 3-5 five times and the henchmen were out, I backed off to behind the crates in the back. Here's were it gets tricky. Using the pistol, shot the dynamite he throws at you and pick off the two henchmen as they come out. When your concentration is up, use that to shoot Plummer in the head and then repeat.

You're doing something wrong if you're struggling there, guys. Hide behind the big pile of crates in the middle of the arena-like area until Plummer throws dynamite at you. When he does run to the pile of crates on your right, next to the dynamite supply. Hide there until he throws dynamite at you again - then run back to the crates you came from. Just keep switching between the crates, that way the dynamite won't hit you. Use your concentration mode for landing headshots on him and shooting him when he's about to throw dynamite at you. Reading all the comments I suppose I'm the only one who used the rifle on him (and throughout the entire game, to be precise). The Golden Rifle. :cool:

You're doing something wrong if you're struggling there, guys. Hide behind the big pile of crates in the middle of the arena-like area until Plummer throws dynamite at you. When he does run to the pile of crates on your right, next to the dynamite supply. Hide there until he throws dynamite at you again - then run back to the crates you came from. Just keep switching between the crates, that way the dynamite won't hit you. Use your concentration mode for landing headshots on him and shooting him when he's about to throw dynamite at you. Reading all the comments I suppose I'm the only one who used the rifle on him (and throughout the entire game, to be precise). The Golden Rifle. :cool:

^ This

I had almost no problems even on True West difficulty. Start concentration and unload in Plummer's head as often as possible during the second part. Scurry behind the different stacks of boxes and keep an eye around the edges of the upper platform so a henchman doesn't kill you. I never shot a single dynamite. Instead I focused primarily on Plummer since hitting him makes him stop throwing dynamite.

• 1 month later...

I've just managed to defeat him on normal, after around 40 attempts. It was painfully difficult and not in the least bit enjoyable, and has soured what was up until that point a very enjoyable game. In the end, I finally got lucky. I shot a couple of sticks of dynamite out of his hands, and also got a lucky headshot on him.

• 6 months later...

I was really stuck on this on True West difficulty until I watched the following video and then I got through the 2nd time with hardly being hurt at all. The part you need to watch starts around 21 minutes.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7JQDdqX_hc]Call of Juarez Gunslinger True West Difficulty Part 5 | Henry Plummer - YouTube[/ame]

He does it with quickdraws and shotgun, I did it with gold rangers and gold rifle. It all depends on shooting the dynamite he throws as he throws it, so he's hurting himself, not you.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...