Help How can I pass the Empty Seven on Hard mode

Akumario

I thought the father's legacy short combo's where very effective.

XXX (charged X)

YYY (charged Y)

If they hit they kill.

Hold block until you see an opening, then attack. Only takes a few kills to fully charge the focus up. Unleash that on a wave of queens. If you tag up with ninja ninja you can get a poker hand in 5 seconds for more health. That's actually how I got my Straight Flush for both the ninjas and the queens.

Use the parry+A attacks on the big guys have to be fast with the following X or Y but either works. At least the first one. If there is only one big guy left he can't really do much against long combos, but not all of the finishing combo moves work though.

Shredding Spleen one works and was satisfying. The 'Ring of Death' is my favorite to use on them. I really want to get the 'Catch This' to work on anybody.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank u thank u thank u!!!!!! to whoever wrote about parrying those big guys...i would never have got past this part if it wasnt for that strategy. I would always make it to them with almost full health and i could never beat them. I was about to smash my controller and /or give up. But alls i did was for the first few waves dash around and do the drive by slashing(dash and x) until i got a guy by himself and comboed him until i could use focus. By that time more would be swarming me. Then i would horizontal focus slash and take out between 2 and 4 of them at a time. When i got to the females i used a combination of perfect focus horizontal and parry a x to throw them and cut off their legs. Had to use my ninja ninja on the last wave of males and my bear during the first wave of females, but with the parry a x on the big guys it was a breeze to take em out. got a little nervous towards the end and almost lost it by missing my parrys, but ITS OVER and THANK GOD lol......thank u thank u thank u again!!!!!!!..i didnt know u can 1 shot those dudes that is just awesome...if it wasnt for that...that part would be almost impossible...

I just got this on my 2nd try, it was pretty easy the way I did it. I was just horizontal slicing ninjas for a while, then like some other people said, as soon as I got to the first single red samurai guy, just combo him to death and by the time the female ninjas come out, you should have enough for over-focus then use that to take out most of the orange girls. Once the pairs of samurai started coming out, i would try to lure or kick one of them into the pit then combo the other to death and by the time the 4th and final wave of them came out, I was a little low on health so I just used the over-focus I had built up to kill them both instantly. I couldn't get parrying to work on the big guys.

And on Number 6, I just kept circling around him in CLOCKWISE manner, otherwise his attacks can hit you far more easily. You also need to be doing these circle motions fairly close to him, and whenever he does the attack where he hits the ground with an overhead strike and a bunch of white waves come out of it, that's the time to run behind him and at the last second before he turns around, start a combo with a kick or X button slash and you can combo him.

• 2 months later...

ok guys this is really becoming a struggle

thanks for all of the ideas to complete this horrendous area, but as always i have questions

for those using the parry attack method: how often did you achieve this? most of the time the ninjas *haven't made it to the queens yet* will punch as afro pounces, causing him to fly into the air and often into flurries of attacks from other ninjas

i am using the x variation of this attack

for those that use the RT/LT X method how does this work, if i am holding the two triggers how do i execute this?

and as a final general question: in headband2 the babes threw blades at me - NN mentioned it - please tell me that this doesn't occur, even though i know deep down that it will

thanks for reading

regards

phil

• 4 weeks later...

^

There is a third method to killing an opponent that is being pounced on? Whatever that is I can't see how a different death sequence would help you any, or how it would give to you a higher Focus gauge when the number of cuts/kicks determines how full it will be. So I'd forget about the skill, if it even exists.

As you fight the kunoichi don't waste your time trying to parry -- the terrible camera will restrict you from viewing the positions of every enemy who can attack you and the enemy attacks don't have much of any delay nor can you respond to them immediately with the R trigger. The speed of the kunoichi is your fourth enemy in this equation; thus, don't try to parry, you will only screw things up for yourself. In those cases the best strategy is to enter Focus and chain together X slashes after you block one attack by a kunoichi; you should do this because no matter what number of kunoichi you are facing they will be in close proximity to your character by the first deflected attack, and since you are protected from all sides during a block you eliminate any risks the camera or the environment creates and decrease future chances of either of them harming your performance.

I don't see why they wouldn't throw kunais at you on the higher difficulty, but that's even more reason for you to heed my reasoning.

For this that level I basicly gather a group of male ninjas around me then parry the first attack made the go straight into a focus horizontal slice x4 ( if they jump aim high if the duck aim low ) snice i could string 4 in a row , then for the female ninjas i just parry, pounce + X then for the big guys i dash slice then go into a short combo then focus vertical slice x4 on each one

• 2 weeks later...

um if anyone is stuck at the big circular room wif the waves of male and female ninja then the big brute guys..i can giv u wat i did..i juss passed it...the ninjas are easy juss dash then X or Y then chain focus which will kill 3- 4 and dun use parries on the males alot cuz if u fail they throw u off and kick u which can add up, try to isolate and focus kill um..females juss parry then A to hop on them and X or y to kill...finally for the fat guys juss isolate if u can and try to repeatedly tap Rt to parry them and A to jump on them and XX to finish them off ..very easy kills.. they're about 8-10 fat guys...simple strat hope it helps someone...nd when u get to the area where u hav to climb to the cube for the boss fight three different times..when it seems lik u cant make a wall run to the next areea..try to (at the end of a wall run) focus jump..it will jump further. nd if ur lost use ninja compass( down on D-Pad) or look around for poles out of the wall or different areas where u can run up..

Edited by gamerdude26

• 4 months later...
This is what I did. I couldnt keep button mashing it was messing up my fingers. So I did the opposite. Nothing but defense. For the first 4 waves(female/male ninjas) I just held down block(RT) and never let go. The same with focus(LT). Once it was charged it would automatically activate. At this point your blocking and in focus and will stay like this for quite a long time. While this is happening just keep pushing x till it goes thru as a slice then make it count and attack only the ninja in front of you then go back to blocking(RT). You block untill your medallion is charged. Again activate focus(LT) and keep tapping x till Afro attacks the ninja in front of him, again imediatly go back to blocking. I got thru the first four waves this way getting hit only one time and still had my bear and ninja poker to use.

The second part where the orange ninjas come out I didnt really have a strategy. I just did my best to kill them as fast as I could. This is also where I will activate ninja ninja. This is the hardest part of this game for me.

On the 4 waves of swordsman I did the same trick I used on the ninjas. Only drawback is that it takes a little time to kill the swordsman this way. The first wave of big guys happen to catch me slippen and got me down to where I had only one hit left(another tip: when u have one hit left block untill you get out of the red, you will only get enough health back so that u do not hear the funny audio but its something). I made it thru the last 3 waves of big guys on one hit doing this method. Like I said tho it takes a little time to do it this way. I think it took me maybe an hour. But I would stop for a second if my hand started to hurt. I know it might not work for everyone but it is an option that I wanted to share. I flew right thru this game on normal then hard till this part and just wanted to say my strategy. It was almost sure fire for me tho.

worked great for me, got it first try after reading this. wasted way too much time before!

thanks for the tip

• 1 month later...

FINALLY finished all this off. For anyone still trying, the big guys are easy to parry, jump, and instakill with X. I was able to get through all the guys without taking any damage just by parrying, since if there are 2 of them and you're in the middle of killing one via the mount strategy the other won't attack you.

• 1 month later...

just posted this else where but i still stand by the method of letting the large samurai run them self off the edge to die at the waves you face at empty seven story. you just have to know what to watch for and that is the animation of them spinning the sword they always do this before they charge. if they don't do this just evade to opposite corner. also it's been a long time since i played this but as far as the female ninjas there was a slicing counter that you can do that'll just fling them up a bit and you'll chop them. i found that they were very vulnerable to this. sorry don't have the game anymore or i'd have gone to look it up

An FYI for the large Samurai with the flags on their backs. If you do the combo XXX YYY XXXXXXXXX (I don't know how may Xs but I just kept hitting the button) he will poke them with his sheath and then he will do an unblockable finisher where he will cut off their legs, arms and head. I beat them first time I made it too them using this move on all of them!

• 8 months later...
This is what I did. I couldnt keep button mashing it was messing up my fingers. So I did the opposite. Nothing but defense. For the first 4 waves(female/male ninjas) I just held down block(RT) and never let go. The same with focus(LT). Once it was charged it would automatically activate. At this point your blocking and in focus and will stay like this for quite a long time. While this is happening just keep pushing x till it goes thru as a slice then make it count and attack only the ninja in front of you then go back to blocking(RT). You block untill your medallion is charged. Again activate focus(LT) and keep tapping x till Afro attacks the ninja in front of him, again imediatly go back to blocking. I got thru the first four waves this way getting hit only one time and still had my bear and ninja poker to use.

The second part where the orange ninjas come out I didnt really have a strategy. I just did my best to kill them as fast as I could. This is also where I will activate ninja ninja. This is the hardest part of this game for me.

On the 4 waves of swordsman I did the same trick I used on the ninjas. Only drawback is that it takes a little time to kill the swordsman this way. The first wave of big guys happen to catch me slippen and got me down to where I had only one hit left(another tip: when u have one hit left block untill you get out of the red, you will only get enough health back so that u do not hear the funny audio but its something). I made it thru the last 3 waves of big guys on one hit doing this method. Like I said tho it takes a little time to do it this way. I think it took me maybe an hour. But I would stop for a second if my hand started to hurt. I know it might not work for everyone but it is an option that I wanted to share. I flew right thru this game on normal then hard till this part and just wanted to say my strategy. It was almost sure fire for me tho.

Thnx a million!!!! :woop::woop:

Your strategy made me breeze through the Empty Seven's Story! Before i've tried numerous times. Made me smash my controller and aggrevated me to the max! Those days are over, thanx to you!

• 1 month later...

just thought i would help people out the way i got past the big dudes i just went to corner and kept running in circles one of the moves they will charge and they will fly off the edge just done the end with 1 hit near death and defeated all 4 waves with this method Good Luck :)

• 3 months later...

OMG! I hadn't played this game for like a year because of this nasty ass level!

But thanks to the holding down the block button, and slicing people up after they attack you worked so well, I didn't believe my eyes when I was done :o

To sum it up, I hadn't played this game for like a year, but thanks to this, I beat the game in under 2 hours! Number 6 was a b**** as always! And Justice was hard too...NOT untill I came back here and saw you just have to dance around him and go in for the kill every now and then!

Forever gratefull :)

• 1 month later...
Here's my post from the The I am Stuck Thread:

Got it, finally. Here's what I did:

For all the ninja waves I would just parry each attack then do a charged focus X attack on each one.

Kunoichi I parried each attack then did the A, X move to throw them into the air and cut off their legs.

The big guys... These guys are hard since there's 2 at a time and they stick together. I ran in on the one that made it down the stairs first and just XXX, YYY him over to the edge and knocked him off. Then just attacked the other one till he died. Repeat for each wave. Be careful when pushing them off the edge though that you don't fall off too. This happened to me on the last wave of big guys 3 times.

GOOD TIP - Try to make the big guys "cover" each other

Just try to make them stand in some kind of a row, that way you don't have to parry 2 attacks or keep worrying about attacks from behind :)

• 2 months later...

if you're good at parrying, you can kill the big guys instantly with a parry, pounce, and x or y. that's how I got through them.

for the ninjas, I'd counter to get a tiny bit of focus and focus :bbut: into :ybut:. They usually dodge the sweep, but never the vertical slice. Kunoichi I usually take down with counter pounce & x or y or same focus sweep vert technique.

Edited by Fried Cola

• 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

OMG youre a lifesaver! :goodpost:applause: