PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Simulation > Rapala Tournament Fishing
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-11-2007, 12:51 AM   #1
El Cid xMGx

El Cid xMGx's Gamercard
Heres a Mini Guide (I guess)

Ok to make this game a lil easier for tracking I love the excel format the other dude did so I will give hints on where to catch certain fish, and what lures to use and explain a couple of the achievements. A lot of this stuff is in the book, but some is hints I came across. Also I have a friend who has this game and we chat while motoring through the events, kinda makes it more entertaining!

The dude with the red shorts has ENOURMOUS CALVES!! holy crap!

When Fishing this goes for all fish, once your lure box in the lower right hand corner goes red, stop reeling it in. Wait for him to strike your lure everytime. I have NEVER seen a fish not do this except for the lures that float to the top after being stationary.

The Rod Achievement is bugged. Once you catch 60 fish (I think) you get the achievement. I causght one fish on the ultralight rod and got the acheivement.

The Quick Fishing Achievement is bugged. I caught one fish and got the Always Ready and Quick Fishing Achievement.

Do not stress your self on the catch so many fish Achievements most of them will be done by the time you finish the Tournament which consists of 7 events. After a Tournament is done and im talking all events so dont get confused..these achievements should be unlocked.

Finish the Tournament game mode.
Finish the Tournament game mode in first place (Gold Medal).
Finish the Rapala Series event.
Finish the American Tour event.
Finish the Lund Series event.
Finish the Elite Tour event.
Finish the Ranger Tour event.
Finish the Legends Tour event.
Finish the Rapala Pro Tournament event.
Catch 40 Bass.
Catch 40 Trout.
Catch 40 Catfish.
Catch 20 King Salmon.
Use all boats at least once in a tournament event. You should switch every Tournament REMEMBER 2 boats that you get are from doing the Arcade and the Timed Events.
Catch at least 20 fish using every rod in the game. BUGGED
Catch at least 20 fish using every reel in the game. Switch every tournament
Catch at least 20 fish using every fishing line in the game. Switch Depending on size of fish but do it every tournament
Catch at least 10 Lake Sturgeon using a single lure type.
Catch at least 30 Chain Pickerel using a single lure type.
Catch at least 60 King Salmon using a single lure type.
Catch your first fish within the first 2 minutes of entering a new tournament fishing day.
Catch your first 3 fish in a new tournament fishing day in less then 6 minutes. BUGGED
Catch at least 40 fish while in bad weather. I was in Bad weather too much in this game

The reason I say this is because notice all the big fish achievements are unlocked because that is what you are fishing for most of the time to max your weight out. SOOOO you hit all seven events with 3-4 Tournements per event, at 2-3 days per tournament you will have all the big fish. Also the single lure ones, beacuse I think every time I fished for a King Salmon I used a Husky Jerk.

From here on its gravy the only pain in the ass achievements are The lures, but remember the ones you used the most and use the other ones that you havent. And beat with every character. That once will take a bit.

Fishing from the shore will take out the others like Shoreline fishing achievement, Perch Achievement.

Shore Fishing Expert----- Explained a lil better here (oh yeah B button moves you to different points on the map.

Species are
Micropterus--Largemouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass
Morone--Striped Bass, White Bass, White Perch
Perca--Yellow Perch
Oncorhynchus--Rainbow Trout, King Salmon
Salmo--Brown Trout
Salvelinus--Lake Trout
Pomoxis--White Crappie, Black Crappie
Lepomis--Bluegill Sunfish, Redear Sunfish
Ictalurus--Channel Catfish
Pylodictis--Flathead Catfish
Ameiurus--Brown Bullhead Catfish
Sander--Sauger, Walleye
Acipenser--Lake Sturgeon
Esox-- Northern Pike, Chain Pickerel
I do not have this achievement so I dont know where the 15th specie is.

Lake Eufala--Large Mouth Bass, White Crappie, Flathead Catfish, White Bass, Bullhead Catfish
Lake Havasu-- Striped Bass, Large Mouth Bass, Bluegill Sunfish, Redear Sunfish, Black Crappie, Rainbow Trout, Channel Catfish
Devils Lake-- Northern Pike, White Bass, White Perch, Yellow Perch, Walleye
Lake Seminole-- White Bass, Striped Bass, Larcge Mouth Bass, Channel Catfish, Flathead Catfish
Santee Cooper-- Largemouth Bass, Brown Trout, Black Crappie, Striped Bass, Bullhead Catfish, White Crappie, Chain Pickerel, Lake Trout
Lake Kissimmee--Black Crappie, Chain Pickerel, Bluegill Sunfish, Bullhead Catfish
Lake Eerie--Small Mouth Bass, Walleye, Rainbow Trout, King Salmon

If im leaving stuff out like other lakes just let me know and I will add them. I know I have lefte out lakes and such.

El Cid xMGx
El Cid xMGx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 03:20 AM   #2
elvislives

Who Farted Man's Gamercard
Question, does the line achievement mean every lb test as well as all 3 types? Also, for the rod achievement, do you have to use both 2 piece and 1pc rods? Lastly, I have tried casting every lure in free fishing mode 10x (I have all lures unlocked) and still didn't get the achievement. Do you have to do this in tourney mode? Thanks, MK
elvislives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 10:20 PM   #3
w4rh34d

w4rh34d's Gamercard
Thanks for the tips much appreciated
Old 04-19-2007, 09:33 PM   #4
Hayate Slash

HKjp's Gamercard
nice and useful guide man

will help me a lot when I "catch" the game

thanks
Hayate Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 06:17 AM   #5
rlg420
Banned User

I hate to say it but hits "guide" is bogus. I have more of the achievements than he/she does and I am in now way going to make a "guide", since 4-5 of the achievements are glitched. I applaud the effort though.
rlg420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:59 AM   #6
El Cid xMGx

El Cid xMGx's Gamercard
glad u have more achievements then me, but I made an effort most of the things I put in there it doesent take a genious to figure out, Im just trying to help people out, notice I said I left stuff out, but I can be certain what I posted was not wrong. So tell me whats bogus. Forgive me for trying to help people out who were struggling with the game.

Cid
El Cid xMGx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:51 PM   #7
nawtbird

nawtbird's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlg420 View Post
I hate to say it but hits "guide" is bogus. I have more of the achievements than he/she does and I am in now way going to make a "guide", since 4-5 of the achievements are glitched. I applaud the effort though.
I do not think that is is "bogus". he made an effort and I am sure that this will help noobs of the game.

1000 Gamerscore - Retail:
NBA Street Homecourt | TMNT | Meet The Robinsons | NBA 2k6 | NHL 2k6 | Madden 06 | MLB 2K6 | Open Season | CSI: Hard Evidence | LOST: Via Domus | AVATAR: TLA: TBE | Madden 09 | WoO: Sprint Cars | Assassins Creed 2

200 Gamerscore - Arcade:
Dash of Destruction

Currently Working/Boosting on: Halo: Reach, Halo Wars, NHL 10
nawtbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:46 PM   #8
SuddleD

SuddleD's Gamercard
I have been the tourney mode, the arcade and the timed modes, and still only have 3 lines to use, and never got the achievement for it. Also, I have caught all fish on the list and never got that either. I dunno how to unlock anything else, as I do NOT want to go and finish each tourney with every character....maybe that gives a new line? Either some are really bugged, or I am just missing something.

SuddleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:14 PM   #9
pcotton

Thans for the guide
pcotton is offline   Reply With Quote