Melee Weapons step-by-step walkthrough *possible spoilers*

lifeexpectancy

Just wondered because I read it somewhere, do you have to use all the melee in one playthrough? Someone said, somewhere, you don't need to but I didn't think that sounded right but I made sure I killed a zombie with the military case just in case it was true.

Don't mind having to do that again though.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it doesn't have to be in one playthrough. Considering so many people found the fancy small chair or small potted plant were their missed items ill try to update the guide to highlight those commonly missed items when I have a computer handy.

I recommend that you highlight the long stick in Fortune City Hotel, as it was my last melee weapon and many others too. In fact, I've never even came across the option to pick it up because it was so obscure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Oh one more thing... Like somebody else mentioned I have been unable to melee with the utility cart, I've only pushed and thrown it. Is there a way to melee with it?

No, I did the two ways you described and got it.

The ones that I went back and had to do because I missed them the first time were the Chef's Knife, Cooking Oil, and then I went back and did the Broom Handle and it popped.

Edited by ewatk432

• 2 weeks later...

I was positive I had used everything. I had printed a copy of all the Melee and marked them off as I went. Decided to try using this walkthrough and found that I had never RUN OVER any zombies with the dolly. *Facepalm* I had picked it up more than a few times to throw it though.

Thanks OP, finally got Head Trauma

• 6 months later...

fuck yeah, got this today after 4-5 hours spent for this achievement; i followed this guide, but like many others didnt get it from the first time...

why? because there more than 1 type of freakin garbage cans haha; although the name is the same, there are 2 or 3 different types and thats why i didnt get the achieve right away, because ive seen in the guide garbage can in more than 1 place, and me thought its a mistake :(

• 5 months later...

This walkthough saved me many hours of raging at my xbox 360. I found the one thing I was missing was the: strong attack with the Magician sword even though i know I did that in a previous playthrough. Finally Achievement Unlocked: Head Trauma. Also I think it helped that I had a save in the 2nd slot close to the beginning after doing every single melee weapon in the Safehouse and Royal Flush Plaza.

Also I did the normal attack, strong attack, as well as throwing the object at the zombie hordes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

just verifying... so the items marked in red DONT have to be used? I'll probably use them anyway, just making sure. sadly i ALWAYS miss janus and anytime i saw him I saved him for the money. guess on my next play thru (2 more play thrus left (one for genocider achievements, and one for duck tape ftw/combo card/melee achievements). then of course i have the 2 co-op achievements, spend $6 million and win all TIR events (damn you rammsterball! i can never win!)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...