Using a Microphone

calsap

Just curious. What is the common mindset relating to using the mic to communicate in the gold crate attack & defend multi-player games? One player mentioned that players that do not use a mic should be banned from playing the game.

I don't feel that strongly at all.

Here are a few sentiments I have heard from misc gamers

1.) Players should be banned if they don't use the mic

2.) It's definitely helpful, but not a "deal-breaker"

3.) They're Indifferent

4.) They don't bother to use the mic so they don't have to listen to 12yr old punks

I was just curious as to what the general consensus felt regarding this issue.

Edited by calsap
Clarify my thought/stance

Just curious. What is the common mindset relating to using the mic to communicate in the gold crate attack & defend multi-player games? One player mentioned that players that do not use a mic should be banned from playing the game. I don't feel that strongly at all.

1.) Players should be banned if they don't use the mic

Errm WTF Why? Unless your going to buy me or anyone else who else has a broken mic.

4.) Don't bother to use the mic so I don't have to listen to 12yr old punks

Pot calling the kettle black.

uhhh....... i think your missing what i'm saying. the 4 different items are a small list of sentiments that i have heard from misc players. someone else said that a player should be banned for not using a mic- i do NOT feel that way at all (as i previously mentioned). i agree with you that it's very possible that a player has a broken mic.

i have played several online matches and generally it seems that a decent amount of players do not use their mic for coordinating and communicating to the squad/team. my mindset is that it's definitely helpful if the team communicates, but it doesn't really alter my enjoyment of the game if players don't communicate via their mic. especially not to the point of wanting players banned or not playing because they don't have a mic or because their mic is broken.

i was simply curious as to the general consensus. do most multi-player gamers feel that a player should only participate if they are going to use their mic. OR do most gamers feel the same as myself on the issue.

Pot calling the kettle black - i really don't know where you're going with that.:confused:

I agree with sentiment 3. I'm pretty Indifferent.

I don't see that you really NEED a mic at all. If you know what you're doing you can support the team an play well. You can only talk to 3 out of 11 of the other people on your team anyway.

It's useful when playing with friends, but on my own I don't wear it as I generally don't want to listen to the abuse that alot of players just randomly start giving.

I play well and support the team well enough without one.

Alot of people don't use the mic, others are douches that just piss you off. But I still believe that you should be allowed to talk to your entire team

Which in return will cause even more douches and immature children to bitch and moan while people get headaches from it.

But theres a simple solution, the xbox party chat, works great with your friends, specialy if they are on different teams, makes it more interesting. :)

uhhh....... i think your missing what i'm saying. the 4 different items are a small list of sentiments that i have heard from misc players. someone else said that a player should be banned for not using a mic- i do NOT feel that way at all (as i previously mentioned). i agree with you that it's very possible that a player has a broken mic.

i have played several online matches and generally it seems that a decent amount of players do not use their mic for coordinating and communicating to the squad/team. my mindset is that it's definitely helpful if the team communicates, but it doesn't really alter my enjoyment of the game if players don't communicate via their mic. especially not to the point of wanting players banned or not playing because they don't have a mic or because their mic is broken.

i was simply curious as to the general consensus. do most multi-player gamers feel that a player should only participate if they are going to use their mic. OR do most gamers feel the same as myself on the issue.

Pot calling the kettle black - i really don't know where you're going with that.:confused:

You are complaining about people not using their mics and then you say you don't want to use yours because you don't want to listen to a bunch of 12 year old idiots!

You are complaining about people not using their mics and then you say you don't want to use yours because you don't want to listen to a bunch of 12 year old idiots!

holy smokes dude........ did u even read what i wrote, that you used as a quote???? i clearly commented that it doesn't matter to me either way if players use their mic or not. i got bitched out one time for not using it and the guy said i should be banned from playing battlefield. i was amazed and shocked by his sentiment and thus it generated my curiosity as to what most players felt regarding the mic issue.

holy smokes dude........ did u even read what i wrote, that you used as a quote???? i clearly commented that it doesn't matter to me either way if players use their mic or not. i got bitched out one time for not using it and the guy said i should be banned from playing battlefield. i was amazed and shocked by his sentiment and thus it generated my curiosity as to what most players felt regarding the mic issue.

O right sorry bro I miss read that now I know what you are getting. Your talking about other peoples views of not using mics.

God knows what I was doing last night!

O right sorry bro I miss read that now I know what you are getting. Your talking about other peoples views of not using mics.

cool......... very glad you understand... so we're good now and you don't think i'm a punk/hypocrite. lol :)

Edited by calsap
fix broken quote

Banning people that don't use a mic is over the top. It would come in handy that you can talk to entire teams instead of just your squad. On the otherside, 12 people screaming in your ear is also something I would not like.

Maybe just talk to people that are support :) It really pisses me off that I follow a supportperseon around for a crate and they just stare at me, like they see water burning. I only play with mic with people I know.

There's obviously no way to ban people for having no mics, but I give bad feedback for various reasons:

1. I join a squad and all three other players don't have mics. Everyone gets bad feedback.

2. If a squadmate teamkills me and does not apologize, he gets bad feedback.

3. If I invite someone to private chat, and they accept but have no mic, they get bad feedback.

There is no excuse playing a game like this and not having a mic. None.

I don't use a mic, I rarely ever do on any game.

I second that. I used to use a mic in on COD4 but I've got two young kids and I know nobody wants to hear them screaming in the background just as I don't want to hear people singing, bitching, and/or talking about unnecessary crap (I once overheard an argument in COD4 as to whether Batman could beat Spider Man). Awesome edition to mp games but surely not needed...

• 3 weeks later...

I always keep my mic in, and listen to what people say just incase its something important. Or i'll warn someone about a mine or a sniper or a tank coming or whatever. But most of the time, it's usually quiet when im playing, no body seems to care about talking. Sometimes i'll get the guys that'll be very tactical and talk in squad chat, and i'll join in. Or get douchebags that just complain or cuss or just have little kids screaming. Most of the time though, i'll usually talk if I have a buddy in there with me so we can coordinate what were doing.

But I think it's funny when you get the people that take the game way too seriously, and just take their anger out on someone in your squad. That makes me kind of just want to mute everyone, but alas that would be a waste of the 360.

• 2 weeks later...