Versus - the worst DLC in all times?

ULVEN FTW

I don't think so at all. I found it fun, was it perfect no, but I enjoyed it. I didn't think it was a chore to get the achievements for it at all. Granted, it was more fun when it first came out since there were more dedicated players, but people have gotten away with charging for alot more for alot less.

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing to complain about the DLC is that quitters end the match. The controls are the same as in the campaign, so they shouldn't surprise anybody.

I consider the Dark Void DLC, which is retardedly hard and won't load up unless I wipe my cache EVERY SINGLE TIME, and the Army of Two 2 DLC, where the chievos don't unlock, far worse.

• 1 month later...

I hate the Versus mode so much! The other two DLC were great (Desperate Escape was totally worth the money and more), but the Versus mode sucks. For one, they can't give an automatic win for the other team when someone quits? So many rage quitters make this nearly impossible to win 30 matches of each game type.

However, I always get destroyed when I play. The other team gets magnum/shotgun right off the bat and I never know where/how to get them. I'd like this game a lot more if they kept it to pistols only so you'd at least be on level playing ground, but when the other team has guns way more powerful than you from the start, it makes it unrelenting.

i understand what you are saying an to be honest you shouldn't have to pay for a game to be online but then again you do get achievement with it aswell, and i'm sure a lot of people like mercinaries so they will like this a lot people are just different that's all lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think bashing DLC because of the achievements is not good reason. The only thing you should complain ae the achievements.

I sometimes like to win fair(no boosting) but I hate when people leave the match when I'm about to win. More developers should make a game to punish those who leave a match.

This is such a bad concept for game modes. Two teams 'surviving against each other'? I'm sorry but, Resident Evil has always sold itself off of fighting the zombies-always, and yet the multilayer focuses on fighting humans in, a really poorly handled, nonsensical way-while the zombies, pretty much are just filler. For starters, why are we even fighting against each other?

I know multi player never makes sense in games, that it's just there for the fun and you have to look past some reasoning to enjoy it. And I usually do, for instance, re-spawns, where's the sense behind that? Just poof and you're on a map? No chopper drop-off or teleport just, poof?

But, oh well. It's needed and regardless of how poorly developers handle it, oh well. But this game mode handles everything it does poorly in terms of sense-making and that pushes it for me. I just hate that a traditionally story-mode game based franchise made such a sloppy attempt at multi-player. It wasn't needed and it was just all over badly handled. I wouldn't have got this but, my sister wanted the 100% more than I and bought it, so I might as well it's achievements.

Is it fun? Meh, it's ok, you get bored of it very quickly. So it's not even that great for game-play! All over it's just very poor, wasn't needed and made no sense. If Capcom wanted to attempt a multi-player mode that went outside of story co-op, it should have been simply revolved around one team surviving together. Even if Wesker and Chris Redfield were on the same team-well that can happen in this half-assed multi-player anyway! Even a game mode similar to the Versus in Left Dead or Dead Space 2 would have been better than this! You know-stuff it, this DLC really is remarkable, it really is just so without substance or reason-or even good gameplay-what were the dev's thinking?

• 3 months later...
its hard to find matches where everyone just has fun....

Hey guys, I just started re-playing this on my new GT. I'm looking for others to play RE5 with ( I almost said play with, but didn't. ). I'm down for just fun/competitive gaming, or boosting, as I do want those achievements as well. Hit me up if you're down. This is all I'll be playing for awhile.

P.S. If I'm on Lego Batman, or Skylanders, my boy is on.

GT is the same as my username here.

Thankx in advance.

More on subject...

Maybe it's just me. I love RE. It's one of my favorite series... And with a partner with a mic, I enjoy playing multiplayer. Just my opinion, I can understand people not liking it. ANNNDD certainly understand this dislike of those achievements, as the MP can be frustrating. Especially seeing as how so many people quit, and if you run solo in team games, alot of times you'll be up against just better players, or even worse, and actual team of people who are good and playing to win.. against you and your likely not so good random, ha.

• 1 year later...

I was definitely not a huge fan of this DLC but to say it is the worst is definitely not accurate IMO. After playing Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot for Borderlands I can soundly say that that is the worst DLC that I have ever played. I never had fun with that DLC at all. At least with this one I enjoyed it for maybe a week and then it really started to annoy me. The ability to not shoot while running and people leaving mid-match definitely soured the experience for me.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

It's not the worst, but it does get frustrating. It comes down to who gets control of the power weapons first like rocket launcher, shotgun, magnum, ect... If you can get those first its fun lol. If the other players get them then you're gonna have a hard time winning.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My close friend/small lover and myself won't even bother with this... We just think RE was never meant for competitive by death matches. We did liked/we like the co-op only.

We only brought the mercenaries packs and also the small extra chapters DLC. Because they are co-op. And extra outfits... but that's about it of all the DLCs we will get for this game.