My experiences on getting the 200

Didi Mau

Hey guys,

I came back to finally complete this game after starting it four years ago and saw that this sub-forum is still dead and a patch question was never answered, so I thought I'd make a quick post in the hopes of being useful in some way to anyone else who happens to come here.

-I used the copy of Boom Boom Rocket that comes on the arcade compilation disc (Pac-Man CE, UNO, Feeding Frenzy and Luxor 2). This version does not come in with the patch built-in so don't worry about buying and using this copy, as long as you don't accept the update when starting the game you will be able to get A ranks with 87% accuracy and 100% notes hit. If you accept the update then your required accuracy will be over 90%, and you'll need to clear your cache to make it easier.

-Some songs can also be A-ranked with 86% accuracy, but in the case of Rave New World, I couldn't A rank the song after countless 87%/100% runs (I had 88% accuracy one run as well, but I cannot truthfully remember if I hit 100% notes to say if that also isn't enough). I believe it might be to do with the total amount of notes a song has as I A ranked the other nine songs in the game with 87% or less, but in any case I decided to buy the DLC to get my final A rank as the song has too many notes that wouldn't synch up with the audio to increase my accuracy further.

-My preferred method to play was on a fightstick, the buttons are large, very sensitive and it allowed my left hand to play X and A notes with my index/thumb and my right hand to play Y and B with my middle and index fingers. This is a similar setup to playing Stepmania on a PC, if you do not have a fightstick I would suggest laying a pad flat and trying it out.

-My choice for A-ranking a song on Hard difficulty was William Tell Overload. It's a very easy pattern with a lot of slow notes, and (for me, at least) the notes synched up very well to the music so you can just focus on hitting 100% to the sound of the audio while accuracy sorts itself out. I found Smooth Operetta and Rave New World are too ambient or flat-out unsynched in places to make accuracy a non-issue, and both songs have an awkward string in them that made 100% notes hit require more concentration than WTO.

-My choice of song for Endurance was Smooth Operetta, same as the guide. I didn't try grinding the other songs but I did play them, and they seem to get hectic much earlier on than SO. During the awkward string near the end of a lap (shaped like a < pattern) I would ignore the A notes entirely, and on the 5th lap I would ignore anything I wasn't certain on. It's the incorrect button presses that really kill your life bar, so if you forget what string is next or come in a little off-beat it's typically safer to just not play and miss all of them while you focus on what's next.

That's all I can think of that may be useful, hope it helps!