Official Bitching Thread

Jack Frost

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thing there is currently 10+ guides in progress for the collectibles. Right?

I'm not going to start a 3rd play through just for collectibles. Every collectible you get saves to your profile so starting a new game doesn't help. I love bioshock infinite, but no lol

Edited by Ecko3351

But I thought I read somewhere that in 1999 Mode there is no save restriction, and that Ken Levine said so and that you'll need all the saves. Or is he talking about the checkpoints?

Either way, dick move to put in checkpoints ONLY. I hate not being able to control my saves.

All I know is that when I press the Start button there is no Save Game option. Granted, I only started it this morning and was only able to play up to the point of arriving on Columbia, but I don't think it'll be magically added to the menu.

Although I'm hoping I'm wrong and it will be. I kept a long string of successive saves for the first two games.

My only gripe right now is that I am going to have to rent this instead of buy it because money is tight this week.

Does anyone else that uses Redbox know how soon new releases get added? I would like to get this before it ends up out of stock for two weeks straight, however, I know it isn't there as of today.

EDIT: Nevermind. It looks like it was added to some locations today. Apparently one location was set to default on my account so even if you type a title in the search bar, it only shows results for one location.

Edited by ColdSpider72

Who the fuck is using :rs: for aiming-down-the-sight in a first person shooter!? Seriously, yeah maybe the n00bs in Killzone.

Well at leat I could change the controlls to Marksman!

Something tells me you don't play Halo either, lol

Does anyone else that uses Redbox know how soon new releases get added? I would like to get this before it ends up out of stock for two weeks straight, however, I know it isn't there as of today.

EDIT: Nevermind. It looks like it was added to some locations today. Apparently one location was set to default on my account so even if you type a title in the search bar, it only shows results for one location.

Yeah, I recently started paying attention to the Redboxes around my area too. The Blockbusters are getting too pricy for me, whereas with a Redbox I feel like I have more control over how long I can rent a game. But I think Gamefly is the best option available, to those who have a lot of games on their backlog.

Anyway, The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct came out last Tuesday in the US, and I know that the Redbox near me was chock full of copies on launch. They seem pretty well knit with that stuff.

Nothing to bitch about Bioshock: Infinite just yet though.

Actually, maybe there is one thing. Halo: Combat Evolved has been my favorite FPS for the last decade. I think I have a new favorite. I feel like I should be missing Halo, as I usually play the PC version on a weekly basis...but strangely enough, I don't have an urge to continue playing it anymore. Fuck you, Infinite.

Only complaint I have is with the save system. No manual Save option. Hate having to get to the next checkpoint just so I can turn the game off without losing my progress.

Also, it looks like each & every autosave has it's own item in the Xbox HDD.

Sounds like what Metro 2033 does. It makes a separate save for each chapter. Not a big deal in there since the sizes are small, but what about BioShock's? I know in the first game they were like 2 MB each.

Not really bitching here just a few small complaints:

Save system - I personally enjoy manually saving my game as I don't trust autosaving & allowing me to manually save it makes me feel re-assured that my progress is fully backed up

Collectibles Progress - I am aware that we get a little notification every time we gain a collectible but what I would have liked is a system similar to Bulletstorm, this is where it gives you a breakdown of each chapter & highlights all the collectibles you have & leaves any you have missed greyed out

My complaints were no health/salt stacks

No multiplayer

It was so slow the first half of the game.

Collectibles are always a complaint too lol I wish they got with the times on that! Showing you which ones you needed or had left in certain chapters.

Nothing In the first trailers from 2 1/2 years ago is in the game :/

I think that is all. Lol

God Damn checkpoint save system. I'm probably gonna have to start the entire game over again. I'm at the beginning of the "Finkton Docks" area (the area right after you get thrown outta the airship), right after the cutscene ends I'm falling through the air with nowhere to skyhook/land at eventually it freezes my game cause I just keep falling/dying. Reload checkpoint? Guess where I am? Falling....

Yeah, I'm going to have to echo the complaints of a lack of a stats screen that tells me which collectibles I've picked up. Given that there's no research this time, that section of the pause menu could have easily been turned over to this.

And why can't I pick up and hold onto health and salt items for later use?

And, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually miss hacking. I don't like that I can't permanently turn turrets to my employ. And I don't like that using the Vigor on vending machines doesn't seem to lower the prices.

I never had a problem with the autosave feature. Seems to save fairly frequently. My only problem was the control scheme, but you can reset it to be more like other first person shooters. I still with they'd used the left bumper to rotate which Vigor is selected and the right bumper to throw it, since that's usually the grenade slot, but whatever.

Who the fuck is using :rs: for aiming-down-the-sight in a first person shooter!? Seriously, yeah maybe the n00bs in Killzone.

Well at leat I could change the controlls to Marksman!

I played the entire game without aiming down sights more than a couple times. :) Mostly because I'm still getting used to playing on a PC, but also because the sights didn't seem very useful.

I love the game, but I hate the boss battles. Seems like Levine decided that normal encounters are trivial so that when you get to a boss you aren't ready whatsoever. Respawn, they get back half their health. You have little ammo and salts, and then you die. Rinse repeat. The parts I've hated in this game have exclusively been the boss battles, to the point where I don't want to play the game anymore. This is bad game design.