Death of GTA?

smoggie09

Here's what I think. Grand Theft Auto should either die or go back to lack of realism and fun. I did enjoy Grand Theft Auto but when you compare it to other Grand Theft Auto titles, the older ones win by a landslide. Because people like games with great graphics, more game play mechanics, realistic physics you get GTA IV. A game which tried to add more of what people want, but took out way less of what was really good, only to leave the people asking for all these features whining about how bad the game is. I like to call these people "Call of Duty fans."

Anther thing that I hated about his game is that it didn't have planes. Why? Because so many people so fucking sensitive to 9/11 that they feel the need to go berserk that players could have been able fly a plane into a building that doesn't even closely resemble the world trade centre which is also non existent in the game. The people who would fight against this I bet don't even like video games and try to link the murder of some irritating, wife beating, paedophile to a video game player.

Well, I just got someone on Yahoo! Answers answering someone else's question pertaining to the release of GTA V, and the person claims to work for Rockstar and says it's going to be released in June. Obviously, I don't buy it (I mean, the guy would surely be fired if he so publicly announced that and it was found out about), and he claims it's set in Los Santos AND Algonquin. How the hell that would work..... all the more reason to doubt it.

However, I did do some searching, and it does appear as if it's expected to have GTA V announced at E3. That I can see.

• 1 month later...

That would be like Betheasda leaving The Elder Scrolls because Fallout did so well. Developers know where their silver lining lies even if publishers do not. Grand Theft Auto will live on as long as video games do. You know some day we'll be playing GTA virtual reality style a la Gamer (the movie). Mark my words people! Do it in a video game just dont carry it into real life. UNLESS there is a good reason!

• 3 weeks later...

I think the GTA series won't die so soon but we'll have to wait a long time for a wholly new game - maybe on the 720/PS4; whichever comes first. I'm hoping for a carmageddon minigame and fully coop campaign. I'd love a location other than US, too (fly a jetplane ro Taiwan where everyone rides motorcycles and scooters :-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

GTA 4 will never die it's such a successful series. I think 10 years proves its not just a fad. Many people will say GTA games usually came out 2-3 years apart. I think the longer the game is produced the better it is. They're probably gonna announce it soon and it will be the best Rockstar game to date.

No Way!! The Grand Theft Auto series has made a big name of Rockstar, it's been so successful and aslong as the game sells very well then you know they will keep making new games.

As for Red Dead Redemption, well yeah it's a brilliant game but the western era/setting is not to everyone's taste and lacks car chases, etc. LA Noire is quite poor in my view, i know most people will disagree with me but it was just too unplayable and too much of a movie, kinda lacked the open world experience. GTA just has an originality to it that can't be beaten, even by it's so called rival 'Saint's Row' which is an arcade-type-unrealistic-mayhem-nonsence of a game. GTA will rule for quite a while longer ...... Bring on GTA V :drunk

• 2 weeks later...

Look at any forum for an open world sanbox game and i guarantee there will be a thread comparing that game to GTA.

Even today i find myself still firing up GTA 4 just to cause havoc. As much as i loved Red Dead and LA Noire once i finsihed the story and gained 100% i felt there really wasn't much to do.

Also considering how much game developers love milking the community for cash i can't see Rockstar pulling the plug any time soon, too many people are already wanting to see details of GTA V.