Please Explain Lock Shot

spyder2g

I just want to make sure I'm doing it right. Thanks in advance!

I got it to work. You just gotta hold down "x" to perform a lock-shot. Totally wasn't in controller config either.

Edited by spyder2g
Figured it out

Lock shot makes a large circle appear on screen around your familiar. Off you are playing as lei it will be two circles and if you are playing as Supe it appears around her.

Every enemy in the circle will be locked onto and soon after you shoot them with what looks like ribbons.

When in power up mode, which is initiated by pressing lock shot when you have 1000 on the counter lock shot is used to both dispel the razor blue bullets spawning rings as they go and to spawn yellow sperm bullets by locking onto enemies and bullets whilst in charge up.

To use lock shot you just hold down left and right shot. Or if you are using a joypad you probably have a button for it.

The best way to see how to use it properly is to download replays. Hope this helps.

Lock shot makes a large circle appear on screen around your familiar. Off you are playing as lei it will be two circles and if you are playing as Supe it appears around her.

Every enemy in the circle will be locked onto and soon after you shoot them with what looks like ribbons.

When in power up mode, which is initiated by pressing lock shot when you have 1000 on the counter lock shot is used to both dispel the razor blue bullets spawning rings as they go and to spawn yellow sperm bullets by locking onto enemies and bullets whilst in charge up.

To use lock shot you just hold down left and right shot. Or if you are using a joypad you probably have a button for it.

The best way to see how to use it properly is to download replays. Hope this helps.

Wow you are very well informed! I take it that you are using some sort of fancy arcade stick though. I am just using the standard 360 controller and if I were to hold down the left and right shot (not laser) that would equal the left and right triggers and just makes my character shoot back and fourth over and over. I THINK by reading other posts I am supposed to press and hold "X" to use the lock-shot and to do it at 1000 to kill the boss when they only have a little health left.

I am just trying to get to Jitterbug, not anything fancy. I appreciate the help and if anybody knows 100% for sure let me know. I am just simply looking for - "press ?? and hold it for ?? while you are at ?? to kill bosses and get to Jitterbug. :)

I play these shooters pretty seriously yeah.

You can use lock shot at any time. You don't have to have 1000 on the counter.

If you look at your character you should see a ring around her or him.

This ring will grow as you collect rings. the more complete the ring the longer you can hold down lock shot. Hold it too long and you will see a large red circle and you will no longer be shooting anything.

So very basically.

Set everything to super easy and damage to 0 for both bullet and enemy.

Chose someone who does not have a familiar shot that stays on screen for too long. Follet is your best bet.

Get the boss to a small amount of health.

If your counter is at 1000 or near enough all the better.

Hold down the lock shot button. Whatever you have it set too. X might be default I don't know.

And let the lock shot kill each and every boss.

You have to do the extra stage as well!

Use lock shot on Satan claws too and you should see a cake pop out. Collect it and get ready for Pigeon blood Jitterbug.

I do play with an arcade stick yes. I used to make them as a matter of fact from rare hard woods and Japanese sticks and buttons.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/laurie47/DSC00121.jpg

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

That's a really nice looking stick. I think I have the same buttons in translucent purple and the same longer length stick as yours, just in purple...mine's a HRAP2 I replaced everything in, wiring and all...I figured if I was going to mod it out I should do it all the way. I love the base of yours as well as the artwork, I'm no good at that sort of beautiful carpentry, but I do make some wicked subwoofer enclosures, lol.

• 4 weeks later...