Easter eggs..

Eythan

Running through the deserted city before you encounter the girl on the bridge. You will have to jump over a fallen column and then go down some stairs to an opening to a courtyard on your right.

To the left is an elevator above it instead of numbers or anything normal is the Portal logo of a small stick man with an arrow pointing into an open door way. If I get a chance I will take a picture and post.

The Red Ring of Door Death

In the very first area on the ship, just after the opening cutscene, a door malfunctions with a semi-circular red light flashing. Soon after an attempt by your crewmate to fix it, three red lights appear in a ring around a dot: This is the universal luminous symbol for Xbox 360 failure.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1POj86KNcM]YouTube - BulletStorm - RROD Easter Egg[/ame]

Edited by QuiCkz AleX

Running through the deserted city before you encounter the girl on the bridge. You will have to jump over a fallen column and then go down some stairs to an opening to a courtyard on your right.

To the left is an elevator above it instead of numbers or anything normal is the Portal logo of a small stick man with an arrow pointing into an open door way. If I get a chance I will take a picture and post.

i never noticed that there was a portal logo XD

I saw several things like what you're talking about thoughout the game... maybe im just confusing things but did it look like this?

Don't know if this is an easter egg, but on chapter 7-1 (i think) when you are going down a certain flight of stairs (i think its after getting out of the big room with baggage)

You hear a Tai's warcry from Gears 2. It's the same sound when you curb stomp an enemy as Tai in Gears 2. I was really surprised but thought it was kinda funny how they used the same sound.

Is it just me, or did the Final Echo guy at the start look more than a little like Carmine?

The helmets are fairly similar to the Cog helmets in Gears, yes. I don't know if you've played Anarchy yet, but you wear the full Echo gear rather than choosing a character like you do in Gears MP.

Some of the achievements are easter eggs. The whole Disco Inferno is an eater egg in a way

It occurred to me that the achievements for beating the game (Destructive Beat, Blood Symphony, etc.) might be references to Cowboy Bebop (an anime in which the main character was voiced by Steven Jay Blum, who you might know better as Grayson Hunt) and the way every episode had some kind of musical influence in its name.

Other than that, which achievements do you mean?

It occurred to me that the achievements for beating the game (Destructive Beat, Blood Symphony, etc.) might be references to Cowboy Bebop (an anime in which the main character was voiced by Steven Jay Blum, who you might know better as Grayson Hunt) and the way every episode had some kind of musical influence in its name.

Glad somebody else noticed that. :)

I also wondered if they were giving a nod to family guy, as the title of each chapter is specifically mentioned in a cutscene during the game (something Peter Griffin makes fun of in one of the episodes...I forget which one, though.)

Edited by Worhammer

Not sure if you wanna count this as an easter egg, but Tai's voice for his punching execution in Gears 2 is reused at certain parts. Also, someone's voice when they are being hit with the flamethrower in gears 2 (I think it's Carmine's) is used a few times in the game.

I'm with you on that one!

I keep thinking Ishi's name is short for Ishimura which is the main mining ship you're on in Dead Space and briefly in Dead Space 2?!

The achievement Halfway There is a reference to "Living on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi possibly. Like A Boss come on this achievement is self explanatory. Disco Inferno this one itself is explanatory, as well. Destroyer of Worlds is some movie, or something about that rings in my head from that. Fits Like a Glove possible Ace Ventura reference some one do correct me on this. Other then that there might be possible innuendos in the achievement list, that I myself can't seem to put my hands on

As for Cowboy Bebop it's just about the only Anime I watch

One more thing didn't Gray say Deus Ex Machina or something like that?

Edit: EPIC just likes making musical and movie reference in there achievements and products, just look at gears of war 1 & 2

Edit: Destroyer of Worlds might be a reference to Galactus of Marval Comics

Edited by JDMBO1

One more thing didn't Gray say Deus Ex Machina or something like that?

Yeah, but that probably had more to do with the actual meaning.

A deus ex machina (Latin for "god out of the machine") is a plot device whereby a seemingly inextricable problem is suddenly and abruptly solved with the contrived and unexpected intervention of some new character, ability, or object.