Question About Weapon-Collecting

The Bum-Mobile

Just to clarify, because I haven't found an answer in any threads.

So I'm nearing the end of Silent Assassin, but have missed some weapons here and there. The katana, golf club and double-barreled shotgun from the first level, just off the top of my head. Now, am I just screwed? Have to start a new playthrough and pick up and "collect" all guns as I playthrough? Or can I reload my save for a level, pick up the goods and that will count towards my weapon "total"? I ask because, wanting to test his myself, I reloaded Anathema to get the double-barreled. Finished the level with it. But back at the safe house, it was pretty much empty, aside from the d-b and starting gear. And as a follow up, how am I supposed to carry the golf club and the d-b out of Anathema, just as an example. Or is one of them holster-able?

You can reload missions from your save and still collect them. You can also only carry one "heavy" weapon at a time. I can't remember if you can holster the Gold Club or not, but if not, then you will need to play the mission twice in order to collect both of them.

As for not having your double barrel in your shed, did you happen to use this gun in a different level and drop it? I'm pretty sure if you drop your collected weapons in levels where you return to the church right after, you will lose them in your shed.

Well I had the double-barreled in my shed after Anathema, but nothing else because that's pretty much the start of the game. Then I loaded up my most recent save (I'm on the level after you snipe the guy out of the car, 'The Motorcade' something.) and didn't have the option to equip the double-barreled. Now this may be because that save was created before I collected the d-b, so maybe I can beat this level, and be able to equip the shotgun for the next level.

Thanks for the response though; it's a relief that I'll be able to reload saves for the weapons. And now that Silent Assassin difficulties can (sort of) stack, I'll get to start Contracts soon.

Well I had the double-barreled in my shed after Anathema, but nothing else because that's pretty much the start of the game. Then I loaded up my most recent save (I'm on the level after you snipe the guy out of the car, 'The Motorcade' something.) and didn't have the option to equip the double-barreled. Now this may be because that save was created before I collected the d-b, so maybe I can beat this level, and be able to equip the shotgun for the next level.

Thanks for the response though; it's a relief that I'll be able to reload saves for the weapons. And now that Silent Assassin difficulties can (sort of) stack, I'll get to start Contracts soon.

There's your problem, and I forgot to mention this before, but are you always using your recent save to load up the missions? If you load up old saves that you had on a specific mission, then whatever you collect on them would be pointless since it's on your old save and will not be on your latest one. Pretty obvious, but that was what I had an issue with back when I played this for the first time.

So what you're going to want to do is always load up your recent save, then on the briefing screen, select "Missions" and load them up from there.

• 2 months later...
Always load from your current save or just go straight to mission select and overwrite on your last saves so that you dont get confused. and you should be able to holster the Golf club and bat or whatever your trying to escape with so you can hold both at once.

You can't holster a Golf Club. It's considered a "long weapon", like the sniper, assault rifles, shotgun, katana and SMG SD6.