Another Farming Method

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just wanted to add to this. this method is faster then the other (lazy mans way) posted but for any one with out mods you can just destroy all the guns and follow minac around standing next to it (to avoid the lazer) when it stops stand almost in front of the tank treds on either side and the claptraps will kill themselves inside minac. the more that die the more you get. just get out of the way before it moves again and so on and so on

I should give it a try.. that's a bright idea!

oil cans! in 2 hours of using this method ive only found 2! is it because i have find rare items +2 equipped, and the oil can isnt rare? that seems stupid, but who knows? im good on everything else just damn oil cans:mad:

It's different for everyone. I had trouble with the Claptrap Bobbleheads and some are having trouble with the pizzas and the oil cans.

For me, there was tons of oil cans so, the only way is to farm as much as possible!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is so funny. I did something similar to this and it took me and my brother in law about 4 hours to get all the collectibles achievements. I was gonna post a thread but looks like you already figured this out. Way better method then the other one.

We both had modded shields and pistols so it was pretty easy that way. One person blasts the opening and kills all the clap traps and the other collects the loot. Make sure one of you has a solider with an ammo regeneration mod.

Funny the rarest item for me was pizza's.

Edited by Carmona

I don't think I've ever found a single oil can, and I need to get 25 of them. I was trying this method on playthrough 1 with my level 45 soldier. Maybe I should try the other farming method(other thread) and just hide in the corner while the Kamakazies blow their own asses up.

I've found a shitload of 3D Glasses, Panties and Fish. 3 Bobbleheads and 5 pieces of pizza?

Don't mean to be a tard.

Will someone explain to me how you get a weapon that powerful? I thought if you messed around with your 360 it would diable the achievements.

well if you mess with your xbox you could get banned...

with that said this guns are all ready modded and entered into the world. Post HERE and ask for one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Huh. I've been doing the same thing, except with a sniper. lol It's a OHK, is electric, and has 40 shots. Just spray that into the chamber. I've been doing this for about 2 hours on and off. So I'm probably half way or so. Just need Bobbleheads, Oil Cans, and Pizza now.

• 11 months later...

This takes forever but I like this active-farming method. I'm level 69 (playthrough 1) and using a strong combat rifle for this, no mods.

AR490.0 Glorious Massacre (Damage-327, Accuray 93.9, Fire Rate 8.8)

with fire element x4

+100 Magazine Size (124 shots before reload)

+76% Recoil Reduction

+70% Accuracy

The only thing I've noticed so far if I kill them all very fast, there are too many items at one spot and when MINAC drives over them or the bombs he left explode near the collectibles a few simply dissapear. Looks like a glitch to me. So either I have to pick 'em up fast or get the things that are left. I want to avoid getting overrun.

So far I'm looking at:

6 Pizza, 10 Oil Can and 4 Bobbleheads. Oh well...

Edit: My end-stats after 5h of farming with this method:

Pizza - 18

Panties - 35

Clapfish - 37

3D Glasses - 35

Oil Can - 25

Bobblehead - 16

I died a looot but then again I also had enough money hehe. One more DLC (the best) to go and I'm done with this game. :)

Edited by JuSt BLaZe

This takes forever but I like this active-farming method. I'm level 69 (playthrough 1) and using a strong combat rifle for this, no mods.

AR490.0 Glorious Massacre (Damage-327, Accuray 93.9, Fire Rate 8.8)

with fire element x4

+100 Magazine Size (124 shots before reload)

+76% Recoil Reduction

+70% Accuracy

The only thing I've noticed so far if I kill them all very fast, there are too many items at one spot and when MINAC drives over them or the bombs he left explode near the collectibles a few simply dissapear. Looks like a glitch to me. So either I have to pick 'em up fast or get the things that are left. I want to avoid getting overrun.

So far I'm looking at:

6 Pizza, 10 Oil Can and 4 Bobbleheads. Oh well...

Edit: My end-stats after 5h of farming with this method:

Pizza - 18

Panties - 35

Clapfish - 37

3D Glasses - 35

Oil Can - 25

Bobblehead - 16

I died a looot but then again I also had enough money hehe. One more DLC (the best) to go and I'm done with this game. :)

Awesome game with a few annoying achievements ;)

What's your favourite DLC? I personnaly prefered The Secret Armory of General Knoxx!

Edited by ParoXysm QC

Awesome game with a few annoying achievements ;)

What's your favourite DLC? I personnaly prefered The Secret Armory of General Knoxx!

Well as I already posted in another thread here I'd say both CLAP TRAP'S NEW ROBOT REVOLUTION (because of the fun) and The Secret Armory of General Knoxx (because of CRAWMERAX' awesome loot drop).

I checked everywhere, every single chest on PLAYTHROUGH 2 and Crawmerax has without a doubt the best rare weapon/mod drop ever.

• 5 weeks later...

Gonna have to try this 'active' farming method for pizzas. I've done the other version (hiding behind the rock) three or four times for a total of probably 15-18 hours. Last night was the longest (8.5 hrs) and I STILL didn't get all the pizzas I needed (only found 3-4 among thousands of items. Did finally pop the Lubricator achievement though =)

• 3 weeks later...