E3 Prediction's Thread [Xbox One]

Darth VeX

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point in the life of the PS4, I'm not too certain on how well Sony is doing financially. A few months ago I was seeing some speculation that they would be "going bankrupt within the next two years." Sony is pretty well known for the PlayStation brand, but I don't know how well they are doing with their other divisions.

Which is worrying...I know they're trying to listen to "the gamers," they need to do so and that is good for them, but is it still helping? I want to see more consoles after 8th gen from Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft, but I wonder if we'll be seeing a PS5 at all.

Sony may be "trimming the fat" as they have been for a few years now, but every time some financial analyst starts talking about how Sony has had four years of negative earnings, I want to slap them in the face. First, Sony's Financial Services division was too heavily invested in American investment banks in 2011, so their own "Sony Bank" took a big hit. Considering Sony Financial Services was their most profitable division only 5 years earlier, it goes to show that this was just a bad break.

Then in the same year, Japan was hit by a huge earthquake. Pretty much EVERY company in Japan is still recovering from the earthquake/nuclear disaster.

On top of that, Sony was very spread out into a lot of different areas. Only now are they trying to trim back their many divisions to focus on only a few product lines and avenues of research.

Bottom line ... Sony isn't going anywhere, they're still a company worth billions of dollars (trillions of yen). Plus, they're more likely to stop making TV's before they stop making Playstation products and they're the 3rd largest TV manufacturer in the world.

lol yeah that's true. So there should be at least 1 then. I'm sure FF XV will be talked about more too but I'm not going to count that one yet until I see evidence that it's even an RPG still and not just a Devil May Cry/God of War clone with an RPG series title like it looks now.
It has stat progression, it's a RPG.

Gameplay looks very similar to Type-0 actually.

The game is being directed by the same guy that did the Kingdom Hearts series; Tetsuya Nomura.

I'm assuming you played the Witcher franchise.

How do you not know what a action RPG is?

What I hope to see:

-Mass Effect 4 (and maybe Next Gen Mass Effect Trilogy news too)

-Red Dead 3 (but I think that'll be at the earliest 2015 E3 :( )

-More news on all 3 Star Wars games, especially Battlefront

-A bit more on The Division

-No new Battlefield (after the BF4 fiasco)

-For Sledgehammer to announce that the next CoD will be 2015 (please, I think we all want a break from it)

-New next-gen IPs

I've probably missed some stuff, but I think this is the stuff I'm most excited for.

With all this talk of GTAV, could you imagine if Microsoft secured the rights to have the ONLY next gen version of GTA? Would be Game. Set. Match. Xbox.

Dont really see that being a great thing, most people would just pass on it, with the response of "I will just play it on last gen" or "I played it on last gen why would I want to play it again" and we all know it would run at 972p and 49.2fps *sigh*.

All honestly whatever they show must be 1080p and constant 30/60fps because all the gameplay will be picked at with a fine tooth comb as it is after every e3. But one slip up with xbox one gameplay be it none 1080p or fluctuating framerate and reports of that will over shadow any games they show.

R* would never let that happen. Too much money to be made. Besides, GTA came out on Playstation before it hit xbox.

Rockstar has proved in the past that they have absolutely no loyalty to either brand ... it's all about the money being offered. So if Microsoft managed to open up a big enough load of cash, I'm sure Rockstar would be willing ... but considering how much money Rockstar stands to make if the game goes on both PS4 and XBO, it would cost Microsoft more than it's worth to pay Rockstar to make it "next-gen exclusive".

More likely, MS will give Rockstar some time during their stage show to announce the next-gen version of the game. Since Rockstar doesn't have their own stage-show, this would be beneficial for both parties.

---

As far as predictions go, I have a few more that I think will happen during MS's stage show:

1. Minecraft for XBO will be finally given a release date.

2. Team Bondi will show off something of "Whore of the Orient" during Rockstar's block of time.

3. Sunset Overdrive will not only be shown off prominently, but probably get a November/December release date, surprising many.

4. MS will give Turtle Rock studios some time to show off Evolve -- and I predict that they'll also announce that all the DLC for Evolve will come early to XBO.

5. Capybara will finally give a release date for Below

It has stat progression, it's a RPG.

Gameplay looks very similar to Type-0 actually.

The game is being directed by the same guy that did the Kingdom Hearts series; Tetsuya Nomura.

I'm assuming you played the Witcher franchise.

How do you not know what a action RPG is?

I know what an action RPG is. I clearly said nothing I've seen indicates it's an RPG. Obviously you've seen something about it that I haven't. No need to get an attitude about it, which you very obviously did.

With all this talk of GTAV, could you imagine if Microsoft secured the rights to have the ONLY next gen version of GTA? Would be Game. Set. Match. Xbox.

I don't think they'd be willing to pay close to $1 billion for exclusive rights, when chances are the game can go to PC, where more people will prefer to play rather than the Xbox One.

Not so much game, set, match.

I don't think they'd be willing to pay close to $1 billion for exclusive rights, when chances are the game can go to PC, where more people will prefer to play rather than the Xbox One.

Not so much game, set, match.

Yeah, I didn't even think about PC. When I shot down his idea, I was only thinking that there are already 3+ million more PS4's than XBO's so there is much more reason to sell it on both next-gen platforms, but a PC version will sell even more than PS4+XBO combined probably.

Yeah, I didn't even think about PC. When I shot down his idea, I was only thinking that there are already 3+ million more PS4's than XBO's so there is much more reason to sell it on both next-gen platforms, but a PC version will be pirated even more than PS4+XBO combined probably.

Fixed that for you ;)

I know what an action RPG is. I clearly said nothing I've seen indicates it's an RPG. Obviously you've seen something about it that I haven't. No need to get an attitude about it, which you very obviously did.
Go watch the gameplay videos.

Again, it's being made by the guy that did the Kingdom Hearts series and the combat looks awfully similar.

2. Team Bondi will show off something of "Whore of the Orient" during Rockstar's block of time.

Didn't Team Bondi go under shortly after LA Noir was released?

But for the Xbox One, there'll probably be more of the Halo TV series, another Gears of War announcement, the next Assassin's Creed, some kind of Valve announcement and possibly another Banjo game, this one a traditional 3D platformer.

Assassin's Creed Unity (and possibly the second game for last gen they've mentioned) will be showcased during Sony's panel and Ubisoft's own presentation, just like the all the AC games since Brotherhood.

Edited by Quid Squid

Assassin's Creed Unity (and possibly the second game for last gen they've mentioned) will be showcased during Sony's panel and Ubisoft's own presentation, just like the all the AC games since Brotherhood.

I can see it being at Xbox's this year too. There aren't exactly many huge games on the horizon, so they might just use it to bulk up their presentation.

Didn't Team Bondi go under shortly after LA Noir was released?

Yes. Team Bondi has some controversial shit happen to them. The studio broke up. KMM bought them out and absorbed the rights to all their games, including Whore of Orient.

But apparently, the developer for the game is still categorized as "Team Bondi," which doesn't make sense.

I can see it being at Xbox's this year too. There aren't exactly many huge games on the horizon, so they might just use it to bulk up their presentation.

Games we already know about that MS could showcase:

Sunset Overdrive

Below

Division

Mirror's Edge 2

Project Spark (non-Beta)

Quantum Break

Halo

Halo 2

Gears of War (really early non-gameplay teaser)

Titanfall (DLC)

Crackdown 3

Mass Effect Trilogy (HD re-release that's been hinted)

Mass Effect 4

Elder Scroll's Online

CoD

Star Wars Battlefrong

Witcher 3

DragonAge Inquisition

Evolve

Teased Behemoth exclusive

Kingdom Hearts 3

Final Fantasy (15? 16? & 17?)

Resident Evil something

Metal Gear Solid

Madden

Fifa

some other Kinect title

Pretty sure there will be some new IPs

I'd say there's some pretty strong titles there that have a good percentage of being shown off. Remember, MS usually keeps their presentations short and to the point and usually half the length of Sony. Sony will give us Uncharted 4, Last of Us PS4 + new MP DLC, Destiny, Assassin's Creed, PS4 sales, Vita, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Sony Oculus Rift-type device.

Assassin's Creed has been getting exclusive content from Sony for awhile now, no need to show it at MS if they're not announcing anything exclusive (which is the way E3 usually is)