Mission Retries

farbeyonddriven

you can also use the retry option that appears directly after you die, BUT! before you finish mission 9 on the savefile make sure you've beaten all other missions with 0(in words zero) retries. To do this, just replay them via mission select and then beat mission 9 without dying and you should unlock the achievement.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering about this too. If I'm having trouble completing mission 4 with the jet taking less than 30% damage, should I just go on and get the rest of the game finished then come back to unlock the emblem I need? Or will that mess me up in the long run? It seems safe enough. Just get my scores and everything else I can, then come back stronger as suggested. Maybe I just answered my own question.

you answered your question yourself. replaying it with stronger weapons especially maxed dual knives makes the endboss a piece of cake with the right moves(some nice spinning attack, don't remember if started in midair or ground). however i would refrain to complete mission 9 until you've beaten all missions without dying.

Let me get completely clear on this. You can clear a mission without dying/retrying and then go back to it and die or continue as many times as you need but not before doing mission 9 to unlock the other achievements or you'll screw yourself... Right?

You have to do all the continuing after you finish Mission 9. I passed Mission 4 and didn't die. I even did it again and retried but didn't save for the other achievement. But I know I have to do it for real for the emblem associated with it, so.... can I continue on Mission 4 now or stick with the original plan of coming back stronger so I don't mess myself up later?

once you cleared a mission without dying it should be safed in your statistics. you can check them for every mission(somewhere in the menus after a mission) and once you have a 0(zero) for everyone except 9(cause you didn't play it yet) you are safe.

so i think it should work that way, however do yourself a favor and check the statistics before you finish the game. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I finished this game a week or two ago. I never said thanks for your help cra.

It was also good to know that after you go through everything without dying, you can die as much as you want to unlock everything else and it won't hurt your overall score. When I finished I had a B+ even though all my Mission scores were A+ and all but one or two subscores per mission were A+. I worked it up to an A, but the high combo on the Pox giant(first encounter-Mission 1) put me over for the achievement. I love this site. I get so much useful info.

P.S.: I never would have gone online with this game if I hadn't been warned about the glitch in the roadmap! I played this game through last year and it did it, but I didn't care since I wasn't taking it seriously. I just wanted to see crazy ninja-action. So my time was saved once again.

• 1 year later...