Beta Thoughts?

DEG23

I only managed to play a few games tonight but this game is a lot of fun. I love the jump pack/wall running abilities, it adds a whole new way to play an FPS game. Although from what I saw tonight, most people just rush around the ground like it's COD, which is why it was satisfying to rush across the roofs at the start and get the jump on people from behind:p

I kind of wish the games lasted a little longer though, plus unless you happen to meet the enemy head on in the beginning, it can seem like the map is empty. Of course once the titans start showing up, the game gets into full swing.

What does everyone else think?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only done the simulator-bit so far but I have to say it's a pleasant surprise up til now. Graphics look clean and crisp but give a genuine feel to the outside surroundings as well.

Controls are a lot easier than I expected for a game like this; no triple combo-buttons to reach a ledge; just 1 stick & 1 button to get it all started.

The weapons from the Titan in the simulator feel underpowered but no doubt that is just the basics; might play a few rounds later today to find out what happens online and how weapons behave in certain situations.

I hit max level in the beta (14) in only a few hours.......I'm worried that this game will get stale fast and heres why.

-Matches don't last very long at all.

-only a few weapons to use. (one assault riffle, one DMR, one shotgun, and 2 pistols)

-maps aren't very big so I feel like unless there a ton of them at launch ( unlikely ) they will get boring pretty quick.

-no armor customization

-no campaign (not a huge deal, but still...)

-You level up too fast.

I know I'm forgetting something here, but the point is that for an online vs only game I feel like there really isn't enough content for the $60 price-tag. I will end up buying the game anyway since there really isn't much to play for my xbone right now & I hope I'm wrong about what's posted above, but from what I've experienced first hand & from what I've read online I don't think there will be any extra content we don't already know about.

I realize the game is called TITANfall, but part of me hopes there's a game mode where it's just playing as a pilot only and getting kills that way...I personally just think the Titan's are too O.P...Shot a titan's weakspot earlier 4 rockets point blank and he was still going, and I started shooting him after his shield had been depleted...

Also the lag I'm experiencing in some games is starting to give me that feeling this game might be just like Call of Duty, where I shoot right at a guy and my bullets evaporate...Still I remain optimistic.

Absolutely loving it. One of the most balanced FPS games I have ever played. I haven't had one game where people were camping in the same spot the whole time or anything like people throwing down an IED like in COD every corner. The game is smooth,balanced, and never feels like people are being cheap. (Atleast so far)

I still am getting used to the Titans but if you ever feel like just playing as a pilot you can always leave the titan and just set it to follow mode, or if you are playing objective you can set it to guard a certain point. The overall pace of the game is great, very fast and never seems like there is a dull moment. It's nice to see how many new things they are bringing to the fps genre too. I look forward to seeing all the new weapons in the full version of the game, along with other things we haven't seen in other fps games before.

Edited by voz1z

Being a long time hater of MP fps games this took me by surprise. Yes I am still crap but it has so many things going on I don't care. The parlour, weapons and Titans are fun to use. Fast, frenetic and games not to long so they start to bore.

I didn't have high hopes for this but the beta has swayed my opinion and I will now be getting it.

Edited by gazmaster1

My only gripes are how pathetic the A.I. is for the grunts and how the spawn system really likes putting you (well at least me) a bit too close to the titan action to the point where I kept spawning on the same street with two other enemy titans just wrecking everything.

Other than that though I'm absolutely loving the beta.

I've been enjoying the beta so far. It's really fun and has me looking forward to the final release. I like that there always seems to be something going on around me. Either a titan battle or enemy grunts / pilots running around. Things feel pretty balanced thus far. It will be interesting to see the final list of abilities and kits as I get the feeling some will be worthless like certain perks would be in call of duty.

Either way I'm glad I can enjoy playing the next few days since its the weekend. If anyone is looking to party up feel free to drop me a message.

Love it so far. Played a few hours at a friends, and a few hours on my X1.

Only thing i've been starting to hate is when people camp on rooftops, or in random corners where there's no action. You can easily tell that some of these morons are CoD players, and i'm hoping that CoD's shitty community doesn't end up ruining something that i'm actually enjoying immensely.

But yeah, no lag so far and only a 1 to 2 framerate drops isn't that big of a deal especially since it's a beta. I'm actually impressed with the lack of lag so far.

Having played for an hour or so, mainly playing Hardpoint, I'm quite enjoying it. Before even playing this, I've had the game pre-ordered since it was up in the shops. So I'm pretty much playing to get to grips with it before release.

I strangely find myself preferring to play without actually calling in my Titan... Anyone else getting this? Maybe because of being so used to the CoDs/BFs and being on my feet, but I really like the parkour aspect of the game a little more than trolling around in the Titan.

Concept of getting to the roofs, flying high over the enemies and the Titans below feels great. I love using my anti-Titan gun, then vanishing from site with a few wall jumps and then shooting at them again from another location. It also comes down to taking out the Titans via being a Soldier is much more rewarding than Titan vs. Titan in my eyes.

If I was going to throw some negative points out there, I'd say that 6 vs. 6 is great but I hardly every meet another human player and it feels a little empty before of this. I only ever come across them when they're in control of their Titan.

Spawns have annoyed me in 2 situations so far. Once I was spawn killed... I mean seriously, the maps are pretty good and the game had to spawn me right when a player walked around a corner. The other was when we had to get to the evacuation ship. I died just as we lost. When I spawned back in, I was placed the other side of the map (Fracture). The maps quite open and large, I simply couldn't make it to the ship in time with the distance I had to travel and the enemies all about on foot or in Titans.

Other than that, I'm really liking it. MP only, I'm fine with but playing the game more and more I can't help but feel that this games SP would of be amazing.

For everyone expecting "revolutionary", you're going to be disappointed.

The game is FUN and probably a "killer app", but it's not going to change gaming forever or anything like that.

All that being said, I can't wait until it releases :D

.And you're basing the comments on the Beta right? The full game could possibly be twice as good as the beta!

I strangely find myself preferring to play without actually calling in my Titan... Anyone else getting this? Maybe because of being so used to the CoDs/BFs and being on my feet, but I really like the parkour aspect of the game a little more than trolling around in the Titan

Call it in and leave it in follow mode. I prefer pilot gameplay and just leave my titan to its own devices.