Poll: Which one will you be playing multiplayer in the most?

Which Halo's dedicated multiplayer playlist will you spend the most time in?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which Halo's dedicated multiplayer playlist will you spend the most time in?

• Halo CE - 3SK pistols FTW baby! Plus PC maps woot!
    • Halo 2 - It justified XBL's existence n was groundbreaking for console online FPS.
    • Halo 3 - It distilled Halo's elements n added just enough with the on-map equipment. Valhalla!!!
    • Halo 4 - People dog on it but I loved the abilities and unpredictable matches!
    • I'll mix it up in all 4 of them, play the random hopper playlists, and just generally have fun.

Many of us thought it couldn't be true that they would release this with the multiplayer fully intact on ALL FOUR titles. It just seemed too good to be true. Low and behold, however, the greatest fan service video game collection ever, or at least since Mario All Stars :-), will actually ship with ALL FOUR games' single player and MP fully intact, with H2 getting the anniversary treatment on its campaign and six of the MP maps.

That said, my circle has already begun speculating which title's dedicated playlist will have the highest player counts. So I thought a poll would be a great barometer on this.

Which title's dedicated playlist will you spend the most time in? Or will you mix it up in all of them?

Edited by lifeexpectancy

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh! So they're including the PC maps for CE and 2? That's nice. I loved to play zombies on Gephyrophobia, Timberland, Danger Canyon...the CE PC maps were so much fun.

A shame with what happened to the the GameSpy servers. I'm not sure what's happened for the people who are using the new GameRangers servers and how split the current CE PC community is now. But I downloaded the new v1.0.10 patch from Bungie. I'm very grateful that they took the time to continue to update the game even with Destiny coming up soon.

http://www.bungie.net/7_Halo-PCCE-1010-now-available/en/Forum/Post?id=64943622#referred-HaloPC

The biggest problem with this is you can still play Halo 3 and Halo 4 online, so I think their communities on the Xbox One will be limited at best. Halo CE and Halo 2 will be thriving though, and I know I will be right there on both of them. I will probably play Halo CE more though because it was just so damn fun back in the day and for some reason its old style graphics are something I have always really enjoyed.

The biggest problem with this is you can still play Halo 3 and Halo 4 online, so I think their communities on the Xbox One will be limited at best.

This doesn't make much sense. All 4 MP experiences can be filtered through the same lobby. So it's just a matter of whether the players in the lobby want to vote for Team Oddball on Halo 2's Lockout, Team Slayer on Halo 3's Construct, or BTIS on Halo 4's Ragnarok.

This doesn't make much sense. All 4 MP experiences can be filtered through the same lobby. So it's just a matter of whether the players in the lobby want to vote for Team Oddball on Halo 2's Lockout, Team Slayer on Halo 3's Construct, or BTIS on Halo 4's Ragnarok.

The reason I dont like that is I'm limited to only one map/gametype option if I'm in the mood for, say, Halo 2's mechanics. I would rather stick to the dedicated H1 or H2 playlists so that I dont have to worry about the lobby voting for Halo 4 or something that I have no interest in playing. Thankfully, at least anecdotally so far, lots of folks agree so I dont think Ill have a problem finding Halo 2 dedicated matches.

The reason I dont like that is I'm limited to only one map/gametype option if I'm in the mood for, say, Halo 2's mechanics. I would rather stick to the dedicated H1 or H2 playlists so that I dont have to worry about the lobby voting for Halo 4 or something that I have no interest in playing. Thankfully, at least anecdotally so far, lots of folks agree so I dont think Ill have a problem finding Halo 2 dedicated matches.

While I may be wrong, although I don't believe I am, you can filter the Matchmaking to find only one of the Halo's MP. I remember seeing this on Waypoint somewhere, so I think for those who want to stick with one game's MP, you'll all be fine :)

While I may be wrong, although I don't believe I am, you can filter the Matchmaking to find only one of the Halo's MP. I remember seeing this on Waypoint somewhere, so I think for those who want to stick with one game's MP, you'll all be fine :)

Yeah thats how its supposed to work. Otherwise this thread would be pretty pointless if it was only what the lobby votes on lol.

I'll be rocking Halo 2 as it's the only Halo I haven't played. I want to see the legendary MP that everyone raves about.

Oh man, I can't wait. :dance:

You're in for a real treat man. My only worry is that a lot of people won't think there's enough 'variety' in it, because there aren't a million weapons, abilities, etc like in Halo Reach and Halo 4. Halo 2 was the distilled essence of what makes Halo, Halo. It was an extremely competitive arena shooter where, if your team was good and knew how to control a map, you could lock the other team down, especially on the small-to-mid sized maps like Ascension.

Movement speed is slower than the more recent titles though, and it isn't the instant-gratification game that the last two titles were. The skill gap is there in a major way.

However one of the things that also made it absolutely awesome in addition to being highly skill based and competitive was that you could give yourself a 'handicap', meaning that groups of friends playing together can tweak the best players' strength so that it balanced out their skill to an extent and made for some consistently super close, cliff-hanger games, without just throwing in a bunch of unpredictable random shit like the ordinance drops in H4 that could completely turn a match on its ear for no reason.

Ascension, Turf, Lockout, and Midship.... oh how I've missed thee! Of course there were remakes of Ascension, Lockout, and Midship, but they were just slightly *off* and just didn't have that same feel to them.

And one-flag on Ivory Tower.... man I swear I'm not going to know where to start with this thing!!

Part of me wants to pull a 48 or 72 hour marathon and try to 4k the game as fast as humanly possible. But the greater part of me wants to pace myself, dolling out this game in little drips and drops over the course of several weeks, to savor it longer. I know I'll play the MP even after I finish the 4,000 gamerscore, but I enjoy the chase for the achievements, so I want to stretch it out a bit this time unlike previous entries.

Edited by lifeexpectancy

You're in for a real treat man. My only worry is that a lot of people won't think there's enough 'variety' in it, because there aren't a million weapons, abilities, etc like in Halo Reach and Halo 4. Halo 2 was the distilled essence of what makes Halo, Halo. It was an extremely competitive arena shooter where, if your team was good and knew how to control a map, you could lock the other team down, especially on the small-to-mid sized maps like Ascension.

Movement speed is slower than the more recent titles though, and it isn't the instant-gratification game that the last two titles were. The skill gap is there in a major way.

However one of the things that also made it absolutely awesome in addition to being highly skill based and competitive was that you could give yourself a 'handicap', meaning that groups of friends playing together can tweak the best players' strength so that it balanced out their skill to an extent and made for some consistently super close, cliff-hanger games, without just throwing in a bunch of unpredictable random shit like the ordinance drops in H4 that could completely turn a match on its ear for no reason.

Ascension, Turf, Lockout, and Midship.... oh how I've missed thee! Of course there were remakes of Ascension, Lockout, and Midship, but they were just slightly *off* and just didn't have that same feel to them.

And one-flag on Ivory Tower.... man I swear I'm not going to know where to start with this thing!!

Part of me wants to pull a 48 or 72 hour marathon and try to 4k the game as fast as humanly possible. But the greater part of me wants to pace myself, dolling out this game in little drips and drops over the course of several weeks, to savor it longer. I know I'll play the MP even after I finish the 4,000 gamerscore, but I enjoy the chase for the achievements, so I want to stretch it out a bit this time unlike previous entries.

Sounds like this is the Halo I should have been playing a long time ago!

I, too, have never played Halo 2 online (read; Nintendo till 7th gen), and I've been a competitive gamer on Reach and 4 for quite some time now. I am excited to play the MP that goes back to the grassroots, because the classics are still the best.

Granted, I will still play the other MPs evenly, but I'm tempted to relive the 2nd game in all its glory.

Matchmaking wise I will probably find myself playing 1 and 2 the most, I remember spending hours and hours playing the first one on PC and the second one on my 360 before Halo 3 came out. But Halo 3 custom games is a wrap. I wonder if there's a way to re-download Halo 3/Halo 4 custom games that are available on the 360 and transfer them over to the One.

@Life, I would play at an even pace. You're gonna burn yourself out and end up feeling exhausted of Halo, despite how big of a fan you are, if you pull all nighters like that.

I also heard in an interview that there might be an achievement for marathoning all 4 Campaigns.

I'll be rocking Halo 2 as it's the only Halo I haven't played. I want to see the legendary MP that everyone raves about.

Oh man, I can't wait. :dance:

You never got the chance to play Halo 2 back in the day? :eek:

Hopefully you enjoy it this November!

I imagine I'll play all pretty evenly, with a slight edge to the first 2 games. I played the hell out of 3 (despite the fact I had no XBL when it came out. Split-Screen and System Link FTW) and played my fair share of 4, but I only played a few games of Halo PC at a friends house a looooong time ago, and my Halo 2 experience has been limited to Split-Screen matches at my cousin's house and trying to 1k Halo 2 Vista.

Here's hoping the multiplayer achievements aren't too crazy!