When does Xbox get their beta?

JONBLEACH

i thought we was getting it on the 17th july. hope ps4 get it before that and we get it on 17th. really wanna check this beta out

Nope, that's just when the PS3 and PS4 users get it. There is still no word on when it will come to Xbox. I'm starting to feel some resentment towards Bungie. We've been their loyal fans for so many years. I get that they're trying to gain new fans with Playstation, but do they really have to shaft us like this? Just give a damn date at least.

i cri

Nope, that's just when the PS3 and PS4 users get it. There is still no word on when it will come to Xbox. I'm starting to feel some resentment towards Bungie. We've been their loyal fans for so many years. I get that they're trying to gain new fans with Playstation, but do they really have to shaft us like this? Just give a damn date at least.

i cri

well that sucks. like you said we've been their fans for a long time iv nothing against the ps4 its just weird that they get access first.

you think the will have any little bonuses for playing the halo games? would be cool if they did that at least

i cri

I'm am starting to feel this way as well. They get exclusive content (some timed), they get the early beta and an exclusive alpha. Surprised they don't get the full game before we do.

Bungie wouldn't be where they are without us and MS, so you would think they wouldn't be shafting us like this. I do hope we get some Halo armor or something in the game, like a Legacy reward to something.

We should at the very least, get some kind of exclusive content.

I'm am starting to feel this way as well. They get exclusive content (some timed), they get the early beta and an exclusive alpha. Surprised they don't get the full game before we do.

Bungie wouldn't be where they are without us and MS, so you would think they wouldn't be shafting us like this. I do hope we get some Halo armor or something in the game, like a Legacy reward to something.

Which content is timed? I know they get a multiplayer map, co-op map, and three space craft skins, plus these weapons and armour;

http://www.lightninggamingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Destinys-Playstation-exclusive-Content-Features-Maps-Guns-Armour-and-Ships-3.jpg

I'm starting to feel some resentment towards Bungie. We've been their loyal fans for so many years. I get that they're trying to gain new fans with Playstation, but do they really have to shaft us like this?

What angers me more is the deluded notion that Bungie owes Microsoft or that Microsoft was Bungie's "home". Bungie was a huge Macintosh developer loooong before their partnership with Microsoft. Microsoft acquired them because they knew that Bungie could give them the system seller to move their new Xbox console and - thanks to Bungie - Microsoft and Halo went on to pretty much dominate the 00's. Bungie doesn't owe Microsoft jack, and Microsoft fans should be grateful that they got a decade of exclusive Bungie titles instead of whining like petulant children now that Sony fans are now getting a couple months of exclusive content in a multi-platform release.

This is such a small deal, that I can't even understand where the animosity is coming from. Destiny is a multi-plat all the way. Everything will be available to Xbox players. Holding a grudge against a company for a marketing deal is so ridiculously petty. It's possible that Destiny II will have a marketing deal with Microsoft, who knows. I too, am crying into my pillow because I haven't played the alpha, but I don't blame Bungie. That's silly.

One thing's for sure. Now Xbox gamers know how PS3/4 gamers have felt up until now.

Edited by Hishoa

Is it not the publishers who decide all these exclusive (timed) deals anyway?

Activison is the reason the game is so heavily marketed for PlayStation and why they get these early bits of content. It's just weird seeing a company that you've followed so closely teaming with Activision and basically ignoring you. Whatever deal Activision struck with Sony leaves Xbox fans in the dark.

This is such a small deal, that I can't even understand where the animosity is coming from. Destiny is a multi-plat all the way. Everything will be available to Xbox players. Holding a grudge against a company for a marketing deal is so ridiculously petty. It's possible that Destiny II will have a marketing deal with Microsoft, who knows. I too, am crying into my pillow because I haven't played the alpha, but I don't blame Bungie. That's silly.

Bungie decided to go with Activison and Activision always fucks one console in the arse. Unfortunately this time it was us and it's just that it feels wrong having this kind of communication (none) with a company you grew up with.

Which content is timed? I know they get a multiplayer map, co-op map, and three space craft skins, plus these weapons and armour;

It hasn't been officially confirmed from what I can find, but the mass consensus is that all the above content will be later offered to the Xbox versions of this game. 3rd Party Multi-Platform games usually never give permanent Exclusive content. The exceptions are:

both platforms get exclusive content that incorporates brand exclusive stuff. Minecraft skin packs for example.

the platform that gets the exclusive content gets the game later than the original platforms. Ex: Guacamelee on Xbox platforms.

What angers me more is the deluded notion that Bungie owes Microsoft or that Microsoft was Bungie's "home". Bungie was a huge Macintosh developer loooong before their partnership with Microsoft. Microsoft acquired them because they knew that Bungie could give them the system seller to move their new Xbox console and - thanks to Bungie - Microsoft and Halo went on to pretty much dominate the 00's. Bungie doesn't owe Microsoft jack, and Microsoft fans should be grateful that they got a decade of exclusive Bungie titles instead of whining like petulant children now that Sony fans are now getting a couple months of exclusive content in a multi-platform release.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Bungie going out of business/were in financial trouble before their partnership with MS? Isn't that why Halo was exclusive? Because MS saved Bungie and so they became a third party OWNED by MS? That is why they had to "break free" from MS in the first place, because they WEREN'T independent. So from how I see it, yes Bungie DO owe MS, and this whole jumping in bed with the rival business just seems wrong. I know it ultimately doesn't mean anything, because the exclusive content is timed. But that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Edited by Xylose Kepeli

There's a lot of misinformation flying around here. Plenty of facts exist to clear up this entire thread, outside of an official beta date for Xbox.

Activison is the reason the game is so heavily marketed for PlayStation and why they get these early bits of content.

Activision does the same thing with Call of Duty DLC every year for Xbox. It happens, it's business. It can't be okay when it goes in your favor and then a problem when it doesn't.

---

As far as the length of the exclusive content for Destiny and why Bungie seems like they're favoring PlayStation, which they have also commented about, see below.

Destiny's PS3 & PS4 Exclusive Content To Last Until Fall 2015

Why it might seem like Bungie is favoring PlayStation

Bungie: We're not favoring PlayStation over Xbox for Destiny

Edited by WalterWhite

There's a lot of misinformation flying around here. Plenty of facts exist to clear up this entire thread, outside of an official beta date for Xbox.

Activision does the same thing with Call of Duty DLC every year for Xbox. It happens, it's business. It can't be okay when it goes in your favor and then a problem when it doesn't.

---

As far as the length of the exclusive content for Destiny and why Bungie seems like they're favoring PlayStation, which they have also commented about, see below.

Destiny's PS3 & PS4 Exclusive Content To Last Until Fall 2015

Why it might seem like Bungie is favoring PlayStation

Bungie: We're not favoring PlayStation over Xbox for Destiny

Thanks for the links. Hopefully, the timed exclusive window is shorter than a year though. Seems excessive and by that time everybody would be way overleved for any of that gear to be of any consequence.

I would happily trade our timed exclusive COD crap for the Destiny stuff. That's just my opinion though.

They can deny ignoring Xbox fans as much as they want. It doesn't change the fact that they are.

Thanks for the links. Hopefully, the timed exclusive window is shorter than a year though. Seems excessive and by that time everybody would be way overleved for any of that gear to be of any consequence.

I would happily trade our timed exclusive COD crap for the Destiny stuff. That's just my opinion though.

They can deny ignoring Xbox fans as much as they want. It doesn't change the fact that they are.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if it actually lasted that long. That's according to Amazon by the way, which means nothing.

I guess time will tell if they're ignoring Xbox. I don't see Bungie saying, screw it, we're not supporting that version of the game the same way. It's just not going to happen. As far as missing out on the Alpha or waiting a little longer for the Beta, who cares? It's just a trash sampling of a game anyway and come release date won't mean a thing either way. Personally, I think the more testing they do, the better off we'll all be. They should just open the Alpha back up until the Beta releases and leave them running until release day so people can tear it apart and find the problems.

But I've never said I'm OK with them doing early DLC for Xbox.

I don't know why people are taking what I said so seriously, I'm just sad to see less support for the Xbox and no communication toward us. I'm not really going to boycott Bungie or anything like that.

I'm just sad to see less support for the Xbox and no communication toward us.

Bungie directly commented on people saying they were neglecting the Xbox, I included a link! What do you want, a letter to Spock from Bungie plastered on the front page of the Destiny website? You're just complaining to complain, it's laughable. The game hasn't even released and you're crying foul. Anyway, have fun carrying on, I'm finished with it.

The thing is I don't think Bungie are favoring Sony just because. Like most things in the world it all comes down to money and someone on the Sony side paid money to receive the preferential treatment so Bungie is probably under contract to pamper the Sony fans. I don't see it as ignoring the Microsoft side, even though that's how it does appear despite them saying so/lying but rather them being forced to.

In regards to the beta, they probably would like to tell Microsoft fans when it's coming, if at all, but there's probably some clause or agreement where they can't. I personally would rather see both sides being treated equally but money will always speak louder.