Easy Hardcore Achievement (after update)

jaquan345

If you updated and still need hardcore achievement here is what to do:

1. Go to you're memory and delete Max Payne 3 Single Player and Max Payne 3 Title Update

2. Note: if you delete this you will lose all your golden guns, clues, grinds and difficulty

3. Now go back to Storage devices and highlight you're primary storage device. Press Y ( Device Options) and click on Clear System Cache and select Yes. This removes all updates for every game you played so you will have to update every game when you play it

4. Start up Max Payne 3 and when they ask to update decline it

5. Start up a new campaign on hard on hard lock if you beaten hard already to make things smoother or start hard with free aim if you didn't beat hard so you can get the hard achievement as well

6. Once you beaten hard start a new campaign on Old School and play through it

7. After you destroy Victor Branco's plane (Chapter 14 last part) , the achievement for Old School will unlock. Once that pops up hit the guide button, then B then guide button again. After doing this dashboard.

8. Start up Max Payne 3 and go to continue single player. You will be at the part where you have to destroy the plane again As soon as you take control of Max press start and lower the difficulty to Hardcore

9. Destroy the plane and you will get you're Hardcore achievement

If you take breaks in between the Story mode' make sure you always decline the update

Thanks to Saber0307 for coming up with the original method

Edited by jaquan345

Doing the glitch was worth it for me since I found Hard to be very difficult and annoying at times. Then again I tried to never go into last man standing to maximize my painkillers.

Old School was a cake-walk for me, then I did the glitch before it was patched and thanked the heavens for the glitch as I tried Hardcore afterwards and died instantly. Screw that noise.

Are you absolutely certain you need to erase your singleplayer data? Why can't you just clear your system cash of the update, and get the achievement offline?

causa it dosen't work.. R* has patched the game, also if u clear the cache :( :eek: