Dwemer items

Nitnoid

Are these worth collecting? I've read Dwemer Cogs are needed in a quest but besides the cogs, anything else worth collecting?

Are Dwemer wheels the same as cogs?

Can you smelt the scraps and other items into ingots?

Inquiring minds want to know...

The struts, Cogs, Gears and other assorted Dwemer parts are used at a Smelter to create Dwarven Ingots.

So if you pick them up and can afford the weight, You can turn them into Ingots, Then armor, Then sell that armor for 10 times the price.

Not cogs and gears, I think any misc. item that has the type metal or strut can be smelted into ingots (ex. Solid Dwemer Metal and Large Dwemer Strut). Exception: Dwemer Scrap Metal cannot be smelted but Bent Dwemer Scrap Metal can be smelted.

Small Dwemer Plate Metal, Bent Dwemer Scrap Metal, and Large Dwemer Plate Metal have the best ingot to weight ratios (1.5 ingots/feather). They each weigh 2 feather and can be smelted into 3 ingots.

I think someone said to save Centurion Cores (used for Atronach Forge). So you only need 10 cogs for that quest. I saved a bunch of Dwemer scrap/trash in my house with my smithing stuff but now I don't even bother picking up the smeltable items, I'm rich already.

Edited by Shinobi273

Not cogs and gears, I think any misc. item that has the type metal or strut can be smelted into ingots (ex. Solid Dwemer Metal and Large Dwemer Strut).

I think someone said to save Centurion Cores. So you only need 10 cogs for that quest. I saved a bunch of Dwemer scrap/trash in my house with my smithing stuff but now I don't even bother picking up the smeltable items, I'm rich already.

Centurion Cores are for the Atronach Forge, They help in the creation of Daedric armor.

If you're wanting to smelt for dwarven ingots, there are really only 3 items worth picking up based on their weight/ingots ratio.

Always keep these:

• Bent Dwemer Scrap Metal
  • Large Dwemer Plate Metal
  • Small Dwemer Plate Metal

The above 3 items give you a ratio of 1.5 ingots per (kilo?) These have literally 10x better weight/ingots ratio than the other 3 possible smeltable items but I'll list them here anyway.

Keep these only if you have room:

• Large Decorative Dwemer Strut
  • Large Dwemer Strut
  • Solid Dwemer Metal

The above 6 items are the only items that can be smelted; all other Dwemer items (cups, plates, levers, cogs, gears, gyros, knife etc.) are pretty much useless, don't even bother. They're not even worth much coin. :confused:

Long story short, if you're in a Dwarven ruin and find yourself continuously over encumbered, you now know what to chuck out - everything but the first 3 listed. :)

The only exceptions are:

• At some point you will need 10 Dwemer Cogs for the quest "Arniel's Endeavor"
  • You may want to save Centurion Dynamo Cores for the Atronach Forge

Quite frankly, I consider most of this stuff irrelevant. Unless you´re going for Dwarner armor and weapons all the way, it´s pretty much pointless to collect or bother for this stuff.

The quest for the cogs is ridiculous, especially since it´s a misc quest for the mages, you know, those cheap bastards that pay your jobs with 30 coins and don´t even thank you.

And seriously, you´ll find more worthy stuff in any dwerner ruins that this objects. My advice: Forget them, if you ever need one, revisit a cleared ruin and call it a day.