Every damn time!!!!

Goku1552

every damn time i play a freaking game of co-op i get disconnected and so does everybody in the game. i have not been in 1 damn game where it did not disconnect. why the FUDGE does it always...ALWAYS FREAKING DISCONNECT??????

why the hell would they release the game if their networks are fo fudged up huh? and why is the 3rd round so G damned difficult, are they trying to cover up their city networks with overpowered AI in the 3rd round or what?

"Happy" Wars my arse.

Toy Logic does not host the game on private servers. The servers are P2P, so most connection issues are caused by the internet connections of the people playing. You might want to check your ping, upload/download speeds, or NAT Type. Changing my NAT to Open fixed most of my matchmaking problems. Of course, even if your internet is perfect other people's aren't, so you'll still have a few problems.

It's clear that they have some issues to work out with this game, however I'm not bothered by it at the moment considering it was FREE. Had I payed $10-$15 for it with this situation currently I'd be pissed. To be honest Happy Wars went beyond my expectations (I was worried since it is FREE), but with almost any game that comes out, there usually are server errors, or some glitches that need to be patched. And atleast they have already confirmed and apologized for the games connections not working very well, and are already trying to work on it. So be patient with them, and again, appreaciate that this game is FREE.

When it's P2P, i wonder if the announced patch really could fix that...

I'll take a break from HW anyway, time for some Doom-Action! :woop:

You mean reinventing the wheel again? Think the P2P-failover was succesfully implemented from CoD:MW2 already and been "copied" by several other platforms/developers as well.

And, kicking some shins here: people with an upload of below 256KB/s (or 2 Mbit) shouldn't play P2P games especially not when they also wanna voice-chat.

In reply to topicstarter; I think I can rant more maybe since even with 20Mbit upload I seem to have disconnects quite often... Too bad we can't see who the host is and block him/her for next rounds :)

• 3 months later...

Yep thats really frustrating if you wont get the 3rd round bonus because the game kicks people randomly (?)! :(

But in some cases its the players fault. Sometimes it happens that ppl get stuff they want to equip as soon as possible. So they leave the game at the start of the next round and *poof* everyone will be kicked.

I know it because I hear them sometimes saying stuff like "Oh yeah I got a nice axe. Hold on, let me backout and equip it. I'll send you invite to new lobby ..." ... often by guys with a rank of 20+... they should know it is three rounds to play :mad:

The game needs hostmigration. :(

Yep thats really frustrating if you wont get the 3rd round bonus because the game kicks people randomly (?)! :(

The game needs hostmigration. :(

It's happened to me four times today x_x (Third round-kicking. And I had a red reward box twice too...)

Host migration would definitely be a godsend here, I'd even be contempt to play with more bots than actual people xD (Since I get kicked for the "there aren't enough players left" reason quite a bit too.)

It's happened to me four times today x_x (Third round-kicking. And I had a red reward box twice too...)

Host migration would definitely be a godsend here, I'd even be contempt to play with more bots than actual people xD (Since I get kicked for the "there aren't enough players left" reason quite a bit too.)

Seriously agree. Here is my new favorite...less than a minute to go and no chance of completion and everyone starts complaining over their mic and then they drop out causing the game to end and no one gets anything. I can't tell you how many quests I have had to complete multiple times because I don t get to the end of the round for it to count.

On a good non-bitching note, played last night for a few hours and didn't have one single game end due to connection issues or people bailing.

Seriously agree. Here is my new favorite...less than a minute to go and no chance of completion and everyone starts complaining over their mic and then they drop out causing the game to end and no one gets anything. I can't tell you how many quests I have had to complete multiple times because I don t get to the end of the round for it to count.

On a good non-bitching note, played last night for a few hours and didn't have one single game end due to connection issues or people bailing.

That would definitely ruin the game for me. Luckily for me, I've only been disconnected mid-game two or three times. Most of my problems occur during the matchmaking process.