Got my copy early! Anyone have questions?

I stopped by a local independent store yesterday and I scored a copy after getting a tip about it from a friend.

The game plays great so far and I love it although I am not really a fan of most fighting games. My favorite three? Zero, X-23, and Dante. They're just awesome.

So yeah if anyone has questions about the game, I'll be happy to answer them.

What's mission mode like?

they are just trials like street fighter IV. Some of them are easy, and some are really hard. You are going to need an arcade stick to try and get at least 320 (there are 360 total)

I stopped by a local independent store yesterday and I scored a copy after getting a tip about it from a friend.

lemme guess? videogamesnewyork?

Edited by ferrara316

they are just trials like street fighter IV. Some of them are easy, and some are really hard. You are going to need an arcade stick to try and get at least 320 (there are 360 total)

Haha yeah. Did you get your copy there as well? They're pretty sketchy and made sure not to give anyone buying a copy a receipt.

Well unlike the trials there is some room for error then, I'm guessing that based on youtube videos there are 10 per character over 36 characters, do the DLC characters get you another 20?

The game may play great but its still unbalanced, Sentinel is the worst offender, so many players in Rank matches are using him, they just stay back and launch projectiles over and over. Plus I'm sure based on the quickness of the why these players with high ranks are popping off these combos a majority of them are playing with simple mode. There should be a separate rank playlist that bans the use of simple mode. There are many different cheap combinations with projectile characters, Deadpool and trish and sentinel etc. Its rather annoying. But I still can't put this game down.

The game may play great but its still unbalanced, Sentinel is the worst offender, so many players in Rank matches are using him, they just stay back and launch projectiles over and over. Plus I'm sure based on the quickness of the why these players with high ranks are popping off these combos a majority of them are playing with simple mode. There should be a separate rank playlist that bans the use of simple mode. There are many different cheap combinations with projectile characters, Deadpool and trish and sentinel etc. Its rather annoying. But I still can't put this game down.

yeah i agree, but i think in ranked you cant use simple mode?

shit..i was just about to ask that. so there is no break up between simple and regular?? :/ damn. Should have made simple a sort of "public" mode and the regular combo system the "ranked"

Seems a little early in the day to be saying the game's unbalanced (in a negative connotation, at least), the current metagame isn't likely to be the same strategy used a year from now.

I read that Simple Mode prevents some of the character's movelist from being available, does anyone know what moves they are or does it change depending on the character? I won't be using the mode, but I'm interested in what they're taking away if people are still being successful in Ranked matches without all their options.

I read that Simple Mode prevents some of the character's movelist from being available, does anyone know what moves they are or does it change depending on the character? I won't be using the mode, but I'm interested in what they're taking away if people are still being successful in Ranked matches without all their options.

If you go to the MvC3 site they list some sample moves and how to do them in simple mode. Just using Dante as a baseline, it seems like they limit you to 4 super moves and 1 hyper combo, with the hyper combo being the basic level 1 LETS ALL DO OUR HYPERS AT THE TIME TIME move. So the cannon for Iron Man, guns for Dante, guns for Deadpool, etc.

Are those saying Sentinel is overpowered well versed at fighting games? I havent taken a look at your cards due to being on my phone so I was wondering how much experience you all had (this isnt a sleight just a serious wonder).

yes... i played SSFIV religiously... look at my card when you get home, then maybe youll believe me

yes... i played SSFIV religiously... look at my card when you get home, then maybe youll believe me

I suppose ill have to wait and see for myself. His high damage and health are great but his extremely slow startups on normals should balance him out some. Only time will tell. What team do you play?