Is it possible to buy delisted games through your download history?

MasonW94

I remember a while back when Joust got delisted, my friend just missed out on it and came to my house the day after it was delisted. Since I owned Joust he simply went on his account and bought it through my xbox since he didn't have the trial on his xbox.

So my question is, was that simply because I owned the game on my xbox or is it possible to still download them through your download history and buy them?

I know they're all still playable and they can't be completely gone as I deleted Robotron and just redownloaded it through my download history.

I think they're still in secret cyberspace and can only be downloaded through download history. I've downloaded Yaris through my history on a completely different 360 than the one I previously had it on.

Yaris is a free game and is not console-locked you can literally go on the internet download the game and inject it into your hard-drive (You can also do this with some specific disk only DLC as it is not region locked but this is Illegal).

Your friend is S.O.L. That being said you could transfer over the rights of all your games on Xbox.com but this can be done only once per year. The good news is, the content would still be attached to your profile so as long as your attached to xbox-live and on your profile you can play it. The bad news is your console doesn't have the rights attached so you can not play offline, god forbid something happens to your profile, and if you want to play with another profile... Well you can't... (Unless you have your main one on xbox live)

Your best bet is to allow him to play it over your house to get the achievements. Or you guys could switch xbox's for a couple weeks until he's done with the game (In the same time you get to play the games he bought attached to his console it's win-win).

~coldgears

• 11 months later...