My method on having a backup save

Mickford

Three times now I have suffered the glitch which resets your level, experience, sheriff stars and gold -- so frustrating.

But I believe I have come up with a way to use the cloud save as a backup.

The way the cloud save for this game works is that, as long as you are connected to the internet, whenever the game saves it will save locally onto your phone as well as copying this exact save file to the cloud.

So what if you turn off all connections to the internet? Well then, if this is the case then the game will only save locally, which means your cloud save will remain unchanged until next time your phone has an internet connection.

I use this to my advantage. Say for example, you are playing offline and have been for the last hour and then get that terrible glitch erasing all your progress. Well you still have your cloud save which is unaffected by the glitch. Sure it doesn't contain the last hour of play time but is better than losing everything. What you then do now is this:

1) Firstly, DO NOT turn any of your data connections on and go back into the game. This will mean your cloud save will get overwritten with your corrupted local save.

2) Delete the Six-Guns game from your phone. This is the only way I know of deleting the local save file. If someone knows of another way, let me know.

3) Now switch your desired internet connection back on, either your mobile network data connection or your WiFi, and re-install the game. Personally I have the game's .xap file saved onto an SD card and in my phone. That way I can "sideload" it so I don't have to re-download the game as it's quite large.

4) Start up the newly installed game still with an internet connection on. When you reach the game's menu screen, wait for awhile. A message will pop up asking you which save file to use - Local or Cloud. It will also show you your level, gold and sheriff stars for each save. The Local save will have all 0's since this is a fresh install. The Cloud save will have all your old stats and game progress which were unaffected by the glitch.

CHOOSE THE CLOUD OPTION -- If you accidentally choose Local that will be the one the game uses and will then go ahead and overwrite your cloud save. So whatever you do, DON'T CHOOSE LOCAL.

Your game will now have an "un-glitched" save file back. Hooray! And you would have only have lost the last hour of gameplay.

So this is what I do now when I play:

1) I play offline for an hour or so.

2) Back out and switch a data connection back on.

3) Start the game again and choose Single Player. I then do something to force a save. As far as I know the game saves when you finish a quest, use a signpost to travel or fast travel between regions. It could save at other times as well, not sure.

Your cloud save is now updated to match your local save, so your last hour's play is now backed up to the cloud.

4) Back out to the main menu, and then back to your phone's home screen.

5) Switch all data connections off and resume play.

So the only time you are in danger of losing everything is for that brief time when you put your internet connection back on and force a save.

I have tested this and it works for me :woop:

Hope this helps someone

Sucks that you can lose items you pay for.

I've also been using this method to safeguard against lots of known glitches as well, like with those collection quests eg. Town Supplies, They Taste Yummy, where the quest giver won't let you turn in the items or they just plain disappear. So I've been forcing an online cloud save before starting a quest and then switching data connections back off until I know the quest is complete.