Skyrim FAQ and General Information, Please check here before creating a new thread.

BluWolve

1. Does using the "get homes for free" method mess anything up?
  2. Do storage containers inside homes have limits to them?
  3. Can items disappear from containers?
  4. Can too many items be stored in containers causing #3?

1. Nope

2. Not that I'm aware of. I know if you put TOO much stuff in a container it will lag the frame rate and no one wants that.

3. Not if it's in a house you own.

4. No, but it will cause frame rate issues.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a few new questions that I would LOVE to have answered because this will determine which house I remain at.

1. Does using the "get homes for free" method mess anything up?
  2. Do storage containers inside homes have limits to them?
  3. Can items disappear from containers?
  4. Can too many items be stored in containers causing #3?

I want to store many items in one chest but I'm afraid that my things will vanish because of how many things I have. :(

The answer to all 4 is no. All containers including sacks and barrels inside your homes are safe. The only problems that may occur is with weapon racks and displays. If you put an EXTREME amount of stuff in a container it will slow down the storing and retrieving process significantly, kind of like lag. But it has to be an extreme amount.

If you like displaying your stuff then Windhelm wins hands down. Except the storage container layout is terrible. Also the chest at the foot of the bed never seems to spawn for me which pisses me off and the dagger displays in the bedroom eat your daggers and won't give them back. If you don't care about displays then I would probably say Markarth would be my favorite. But the cheap Whiterun house is a very good layout and if only it had an enchanter would be my overall favorite.

Is it possible to launder the Mythic Dawn Commentaries? I want to keep these books but I can't seem to remove the stolen tag even though I repurchased from a fence.

Yeah I have the same problem. Also with the golden claw, butcher's journal, and a few other things. I've heard the ONLY way to remove the stolen tag from certain items is to drop them and have someone (NPC) pick them up and give it back to you. Although I've had no luck as yet.

EDIT: Figured out how to get the stolen tag off books that can't be laundered to remove the tag! Do the book duplication glitch and both copies will have the tag removed!

---

I read somewhere to try this:

Go to Riverwood Trader and drop the stolen item, pick it up with holding A or Y and then drop in near Camila, she should take it and then place it into your inventory.

Not sure if it works for ALL stolen items, about to try it with the Commentaries.

Edited by Nevander

EDIT: Figured out how to get the stolen tag off books that can't be laundered to remove the tag! Do the book duplication glitch and both copies will have the tag removed!

---

I read somewhere to try this:

Go to Riverwood Trader and drop the stolen item, pick it up with holding A or Y and then drop in near Camila, she should take it and then place it into your inventory.

Not sure if it works for ALL stolen items, about to try it with the Commentaries.

I do it a different way, I simply sell them the items, and then re-buy them back. Since I have over 300,000 gold, its a fast and easy way. Oh, and I have the perk where I can sell any stolen items to anyone.

I do it a different way, I simply sell them the items, and then re-buy them back. Since I have over 300,000 gold, its a fast and easy way. Oh, and I have the perk where I can sell any stolen items to anyone.

This doesn't work on the books we're talking about. Don't you think we would have tried that? LOL

This doesn't work on the books we're talking about. Don't you think we would have tried that? LOL

Weird, the butchers journal I sold to Riverwood and re-bought which negated its status. lol that guy still has an outfit I first enchanted when I started playing the game with a +2 of health increase. He still has it in his inventory and refuses to sell it!

Edited by SIMPLYMIDGET

• 1 month later...
Guest Scotty

right, i have a question, although im 99% sure no-one will even read this, im still very curious for an answer, so anyway;

is there a fortify speechcraft enchantment anywhere in the game that i can dis-enchant and re-apply as i see fit. ive been searching for hours now and cant find one anywhere and its all i need ot complete my armour set. ive got the potions and the uniquely enchanted stuff but they aren't useful to me.

im basically looking for, does this enchantment exist in game for me to destroy and re-apply whenever and if so does anyone know of a specific place to find it?

cheers.

right, i have a question, although im 99% sure no-one will even read this, im still very curious for an answer, so anyway;

is there a fortify speechcraft enchantment anywhere in the game that i can dis-enchant and re-apply as i see fit. ive been searching for hours now and cant find one anywhere and its all i need ot complete my armour set. ive got the potions and the uniquely enchanted stuff but they aren't useful to me.

im basically looking for, does this enchantment exist in game for me to destroy and re-apply whenever and if so does anyone know of a specific place to find it?

cheers.

I always read this and try to help if I can, I am a bit busy at the moment so I just copied this from the The Elder Scrolls Wiki; [spoiler=fortifybarter]

Items with the Fortify Barter property are extremely rare and their effects stack additively. Prices are also affected by your speechcraft skill level as well as relevant perks. Stacking bartering items and having a decently high speechcraft will grant you extraordinary discounts when purchasing items and greater returns when selling items.

The bonus cap for markup is 105%. This can be achieved with 100 Speech and 50% barter. Items worth 100 gold will now be sold by merchants for 105 gold.

The bonus cap for selling is 100%. This can be achieved with 100 Speech and 80% barter. Items worth 100 gold will now be sold to merchants for 100 gold.

Any number above either bonus cap will any source will make no difference though note that the bonus cap for selling is much higher than for markup. A good way boost your bartering is to enchant any necklace with 29% Barter Bonus and equip the Guild Master Hood obtained from the Thieves Guild questline (Guild Master's Armor Set) for additional 10/15/20% Bonus, then visit a shrine of Zenithar. Speech over 100 will not reduce prices, but is worth more than Fortify Barter, so you may want the blessing of Dibella instead of Zenithar early on.

Fortify Barter can be enchanted onto items at an Arcane Enchanter. Only necklaces can be enchanted with Fortify Barter once the enchantment is learned, but the usual rule of finding uncraftables still applies. Apart from enchants, potions and the blessing the only other way to fortify barter is through speech perks.

Items:

Items other than necklaces can be FOUND with the Fortify Barter effect, allowing the effects to stack. It is highly inadvisable to part with these unless the player locates an item in the same slot that is superior to their current item. It may not be possible to re-enchant other items with this effect.

As far as I know from personal experience, there is no actual "Fortify Speechcraft" enchantment, so hopefully you wanted it for barter. Hope this helps.

Edited by BluWolve

Guest Scotty
I always read this and try to help if I can, I am a bit busy at the moment so I just copied this from the The Elder Scrolls Wiki; [spoiler=fortifybarter]

Items with the Fortify Barter property are extremely rare and their effects stack additively. Prices are also affected by your speechcraft skill level as well as relevant perks. Stacking bartering items and having a decently high speechcraft will grant you extraordinary discounts when purchasing items and greater returns when selling items.

The bonus cap for markup is 105%. This can be achieved with 100 Speech and 50% barter. Items worth 100 gold will now be sold by merchants for 105 gold.

The bonus cap for selling is 100%. This can be achieved with 100 Speech and 80% barter. Items worth 100 gold will now be sold to merchants for 100 gold.

Any number above either bonus cap will any source will make no difference though note that the bonus cap for selling is much higher than for markup. A good way boost your bartering is to enchant any necklace with 29% Barter Bonus and equip the Guild Master Hood obtained from the Thieves Guild questline (Guild Master's Armor Set) for additional 10/15/20% Bonus, then visit a shrine of Zenithar. Speech over 100 will not reduce prices, but is worth more than Fortify Barter, so you may want the blessing of Dibella instead of Zenithar early on.

Fortify Barter can be enchanted onto items at an Arcane Enchanter. Only necklaces can be enchanted with Fortify Barter once the enchantment is learned, but the usual rule of finding uncraftables still applies. Apart from enchants, potions and the blessing the only other way to fortify barter is through speech perks.

Items:

Items other than necklaces can be FOUND with the Fortify Barter effect, allowing the effects to stack. It is highly inadvisable to part with these unless the player locates an item in the same slot that is superior to their current item. It may not be possible to re-enchant other items with this effect.

As far as I know from personal experience, there is no actual "Fortify Speechcraft" enchantment, so hopefully you wanted it for barter. Hope this helps.

cheers for this, but i have all the items on the list at the bottom of the spoiler. it wont let me disenchant any of these, and when i did disenchant linwe's gloves(not speechcraft, but a unique item, non the less), i couldn't apply the effect to anything else, even though it is just essentially fortify one-handed. looks like you cant have this enchantment then, its not too bad though, after posting this question i found a helmet that gives me underwater breathing and i think i prefer it now to speech craft.

cheers again.

cheers for this, but i have all the items on the list at the bottom of the spoiler. it wont let me disenchant any of these, and when i did disenchant linwe's gloves(not speechcraft, but a unique item, non the less), i couldn't apply the effect to anything else, even though it is just essentially fortify one-handed. looks like you cant have this enchantment then, its not too bad though, after posting this question i found a helmet that gives me underwater breathing and i think i prefer it now to speech craft.

cheers again.

Basically it is saying you can find necklaces that you can disenchant with fortify barter, but the enchantment can only be put back on to necklaces. It says that The enchantments on the equipment at the bottom may not be re-enchanted to other equipment, but you can wear them to stack your barter skill.

If you really want to find a specific enchantment, you can either keep checking shop inventories, look if there is one somewhere in a chest or something, or do what I did and save just before dealing the death blow on a dragon and reload if you do not get what you want (This method is completely random though and therefore may take 1 minute or 100 minutes, it is mainly better if you are just starting out your enchanting skill).

All the methods take time, but will pay off eventually. To be honest, fortify barter is probably one of the more useless enchants in the game. I have never been able to sell all my crap to a whole town in one day because they just do not have enough money, so I don't see the real point in investing in an enchantment that makes me get more money for my loot.

Guest Scotty
Basically it is saying you can find necklaces that you can disenchant with fortify barter, but the enchantment can only be put back on to necklaces. It says that The enchantments on the equipment at the bottom may not be re-enchanted to other equipment, but you can wear them to stack your barter skill.

If you really want to find a specific enchantment, you can either keep checking shop inventories, look if there is one somewhere in a chest or something, or do what I did and save just before dealing the death blow on a dragon and reload if you do not get what you want (This method is completely random though and therefore may take 1 minute or 100 minutes, it is mainly better if you are just starting out your enchanting skill).

All the methods take time, but will pay off eventually. To be honest, fortify barter is probably one of the more useless enchants in the game. I have never been able to sell all my crap to a whole town in one day because they just do not have enough money, so I don't see the real point in investing in an enchantment that makes me get more money for my loot.

my enchantment is at 100, and i was just creating my everyday, dungeon crawling armour, with two enchantments on each peice. i realize its a pretty useless effect but all the others i had at the time of posting the question, that i was allowed to put on a helmet, where stuff like fortify magika/destruction/alchemy, and i never use any of them and because i had seen other hats/helmets with fortify speechcraft, i thought it was just the best of a bad situation. since then though, ive found and disenchanted fortify bow and water breathing, so i'll stick both of those on my daedric helmet instead.

now all i need is one more grand soul gem and what do ya know, no-one has one, figures:(. cheers for all the help though.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This is regarding book collecting (in case anyone reads this).

I currently have 438 of the books on the list of 469 within Skyrim. Here's my questions...

1. I would assume that books that you carry temporarily during a quest and give to a NPC are no longer available to you later? (Love poem, Vald's Debt, etc.)

2. Are books that change form available in their original state once they've been translated? (such as the Unknown Books, and Gallus's Journal)

3. Are these books available in the game (they are on the list)? Charwich-Koniinge letters, v4...The Secrets of Ragnvald....Unsent Afflicted Letter....Tolfdir's Book

If anyone knows info I appreciate the help.:)

• 3 months later...
I wondered if anybody could tell me where the best places for Abecean longfin and Cyrodilic spadetail fish are?

Every time I go for a swim I seem to find only salmon and slaughter fish.

Thanks for any help.

I am not sure about some definite places, but in my personal experience I have had more luck finding them in ponds and small rivers as opposed to big lakes and other large bodies of water.

I am not sure about some definite places, but in my personal experience I have had more luck finding them in ponds and small rivers as opposed to big lakes and other large bodies of water.

Okay cool thank you, that gives me a basis of sorts.. Do you mean like the river that runs past Riverwood for example or smaller than that, like a stream?

Okay cool thank you, that gives me a basis of sorts.. Do you mean like the river that runs past Riverwood for example or smaller than that, like a stream?

Smaller than the river going past riverwood, but I have found both of them in the lake section (up-river near some ruins, and further down past whiterun, after the waterfall near where the river bends) to be truthful, just not as often. The most I have found them is in little ponds and the like, but be aware that there usually isn't too many in them at one time. If you have the cash and you are looking to get a fair few of the fish, it may be easier and less time consuming to just travel around to different potion shops and buying them when they are in stock.

Smaller than the river going past riverwood, but I have found both of them in the lake section (up-river near some ruins, and further down past whiterun, after the waterfall near where the river bends) to be truthful, just not as often. The most I have found them is in little ponds and the like, but be aware that there usually isn't too many in them at one time. If you have the cash and you are looking to get a fair few of the fish, it may be easier and less time consuming to just travel around to different potion shops and buying them when they are in stock.

Thanks man, I have been going around the potion shops but normally they only have like 1 Abecean longfin and that's if I'm lucky. A lot of the time they have everything that I am not looking for.

I'm gonna start my search in as many small ponds as I can find :)

Thanks man, I have been going around the potion shops but normally they only have like 1 Abecean longfin and that's if I'm lucky. A lot of the time they have everything that I am not looking for.

I'm gonna start my search in as many small ponds as I can find :)

No problems, if I find a definite spot with a good amount of either fish I will let you know.

EDIT: Looking through the wiki, the River Hjaal may be a good place to start looking. It is the river that runs through Morthal and then turns into a swampy marshland. Here is the info from the wiki;

The River Hjaal is the main river that flows through the center of Hjaalmarch.

This river's headwaters are located in the highlands south of Morthal, along the border between Hjaalmarch and Whiterun Hold. After dropping down a series of waterfalls, the river passes through Morthal, then spreads out into a wide marshy region that eventually drains into the Karth River, which flows into the Sea of Ghosts.

The river is inhabited by many species of fish, such as Abecean Longfin, Cyrodilic Spadetail, Histcarp, River Betty, Silverside Perch, and Salmon.

Sounds promising. Let me know how you go.

Edited by BluWolve

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone know if bonuses stack. Example, I wear two pieces of clothing that both have 100% magicka bonues. Does this equal 200% or does one cancel the other out? I cant really tell by just watching the magicka bar regenerate

I am pretty positive it equals 200% magicka regen as I do not believe there is a cap. However I am almost certain it does not apply whilst in combat. It gets a bit complicated.

Take a read through this thread http://skyrimforums.org/threads/cap-on-magika-regeneration.2477/

That should explain magika regen better than I can at the moment (I am on my phone) but if you have any questions feel free to ask here.

I am pretty positive it equals 200% magicka regen as I do not believe there is a cap. However I am almost certain it does not apply whilst in combat. It gets a bit complicated.

Take a read through this thread http://skyrimforums.org/threads/cap-on-magika-regeneration.2477/

That should explain magika regen better than I can at the moment (I am on my phone) but if you have any questions feel free to ask here.

Thanks for the link. Essentially a buffed regen does little good in combat (when you would need it), and the way to go is fortified magicka when possible. I probably wont change my armor though until something great comes along; I like the look of the Archmage robes.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm thinking about finally getting one of the DLC. I'm mainly wanting to get the Dragonborn one, so if anyone has their opinions between the two that is fine. My main question is, should I start over? I have a level 73 Stealth heavy Khajiit. I am worried about being overpowered, as I like to always have a tough time getting through a fight, or avoiding one altogether (I love stealth). Any opinions would be great.