Demo is out

RA1NKING

Wow I'm quite impressed. So far I like the controls, the graphics and how they try to tell the story from scratch.

The only thing I really don't like the is the hardcore music when it comes to fights but I can turn that off.

Also I'd rather prefer to play with oldschool DANTE than his younger self. I don't dig his new look at all.

The dialog in the boss mission was funny as hell though hahahaha "FUCK YOU!".

Edited by JuSt BLaZe

Wow I'm quite impressed. So far I like the controls, the graphics and how they try to tell the story from scratch.

The only thing I really don't like the is the hardcore music when it comes to fights but I can turn that off.

Also I'd rather prefer to play with oldschool DANTE than his younger self. I don't dig his new look at all.

Pretty much feel the same except I liked the music and the graphics didn't look very sharp to me. The gameplay is good though which is what really matters. Wasn't sure about this game but it's definitely a day one buy now.

Edited by Killbomb

It's honestly so refreshing to see some positive impressions here! Most other forums are ripping this demo apart, complaining about the framerate, graphics, apparently broken combat system, apparent lack of variety, etc. etc. etc. Also some are attacking Ninja Theory calling Enslaved and Heavenly Sword some of "the worst action games of all time."

I have no problem with people not liking the game, but come on, there is a difference between criticizing and then just flat out nit picking.

Anyway, as you may have guessed, I personally loved the demo. Graphics are gorgeous, controls are tight, combat is super fun and has great variety, the chain system was great, dodging is much better, the shiftshaping levels are awesome.

I guess my only complaints are the auto locking, (it can be sometimes work against you) and how you have to push the stick forward twice in a row to use Stinger, that was kind of awkward.

After being disappointed with DMC4, and just Capcom games in general, I think this is exactly what the DMC series needs.

Oh, and I also loved the "F you, no F you" exchange between Dante and the boss. I really like this new Dante, he honestly doesn't feel much different from the Dante from DMC3, just a bit less experienced and immature.

Massive DMC fan and was sad to see a new development for it rather than going to DmC 5, but i supported it and the demo was fantastic. The controls are very fluent and the whole right trigger/left trigger was a really nice touch. Even though a fan of DMC i was kind of shite at it (still can't get the S bloody palace achievement :p).

But this is a pre-order.

I enjoyed it, the combat felt fluid and stringing massive combos seems very possible. I liked the art design & style, it reminded me a bit of Shadows of the Damned.

I do agree though with the comment above about the controls. I like having 3 weapons you can mix it up with, but I found myself having to really focus with all the trigger modifiers between the scythe, axe & the demon/angel whip thing.

overall though, I came away happy from the demo & it's likely a pre-order for me, however I may wait for a couple reviews before picking up & paying for the order.

Call me a purist, but the fact that he's a nephilim now kinda saddens me. Also, as previously stated, it takes a lot of memorization. I can't tell you the amount of times I died because I used the wrong whip to pull. Also, Dante should only have Ebony and Ivory, Rebellion, and maybe a couple other swords. Why give him other weapons? Is he Dante Hayabusa now or something?

/endrant

Call me a purist, but the fact that he's a nephilim now kinda saddens me. Also, as previously stated, it takes a lot of memorization. I can't tell you the amount of times I died because I used the wrong whip to pull. Also, Dante should only have Ebony and Ivory, Rebellion, and maybe a couple other swords. Why give him other weapons? Is he Dante Hayabusa now or something?

/endrant

Dante has had a plethora of weapons in every game. And as far as memorization goes i think it's the same with all the games as well. I found it very difficult to really play dmc 4 as i ended up button mashing =/

I didn't like the reboot at all as a hardcore DMC veteran but I though I'd buy it for the action as there aren't any good hack n slash coming (fist of the north star is more DW style than DMC) but sadly I didn't like the demo :/ Not even on SoS difficulty.

Changing weapons mid combo and such was easy and fluent but other than that the combat felt awkward somehow. Also the I don't like the look of the city, especially when it turns into limbo, too colourful.

Boss fight was funny and pretty entertaining but as in any game I'd love to have more "your size" bosses. Of course it's great to bring down giant bosses but the ones that I really remember as great boss fights were Nelo Angelo from DMC and Vergil from DMC3.

So I propably buy this from sale if I buy this at all. I really hope this isn't the same story as Silent Hill that the developement is given to another company and we get games that are barely the same genre and usually poor excuses of trying something new...For everyone who liked this: I envy you, I really wanted to like this too as I love the original DMC series :(

HAHAHA THE FUCK YOU PART MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD XFD LOL

You're cancer.

^

Just get over it, you are making a disgrace out of yourself. And cancer, really? That's really low.

I didn't like the reboot at all as a hardcore DMC veteran but I though I'd buy it for the action as there aren't any good hack n slash coming (fist of the north star is more DW style than DMC) but sadly I didn't like the demo :/ Not even on SoS difficulty.

What about the Metal Gear Rising game?

i was mixed about the demo while the gameplay is solid i still cannot get over the changes to characters and the story but i felt like while its a good hack and slash it just too simple the combos too easy to pull off and the grading system is a joke i got an SSS with three hits and if you repeat the same move the style meter does not degrade. i will buy it on release but i will ignore the fact its DmC and enjoy it as a hack and slash.

Edited by neosman8

Call me a purist, but the fact that he's a nephilim now kinda saddens me.

Dante and Vergil have always been Nephilim. The definition of Nephilim in the original games was Half-Demon Half-Human.

I will NOT be buying this game. There are too many glitches in the game that NT refuses to fix because they think they are unique ways to play. They broke the Style System (I saw someone get SSS with 3 hits with the Demon Axe). The dialogue is childish (Repeating "Fuck you" over and over isn't funny). This game fails on so many levels. Before I get a lot of hate, I believed this would be a good game, but after all the issues found in the demo and the shit story, I give up. Way to ruin one of my favorite game series' NT.

Dante and Vergil have always been Nephilim. The definition of Nephilim in the original games was Half-Demon Half-Human.

I will NOT be buying this game. There are too many glitches in the game that NT refuses to fix because they think they are unique ways to play. They broke the Style System (I saw someone get SSS with 3 hits with the Demon Axe). The dialogue is childish (Repeating "Fuck you" over and over isn't funny). This game fails on so many levels. Before I get a lot of hate, I believed this would be a good game, but after all the issues found in the demo and the shit story, I give up. Way to ruin one of my favorite game series' NT.

Well, at least you finally saw the light.

• 3 weeks later...
Well Dusty I'm glad i could fill your dark soul the liiiiiiiiiiiiight.

I agree completely :3

Also you kids do know this is a reboot not a prequel right. And they started production on a sequel already. If this game flops they'll stop it. Might kill Dante completely. But at this point what would you rather have. An old shell of Dante's mere self on life support. Or that beautiful memory of the Dante who captured our young hearts.