WTF?! The Negotiator

Eggnogga

I'm hoping this isn't glitched for me. I have the "Wheres the Beef?" mission saved at a specific spot where a Hostage Crisis happens a few months after I load up my game. When the options pop up for what I want to do, I have selected every option available now. A, B, X, and Y. Nothing.

Its the only achievement I have left to get. I know I had some problems w/ the Bomb Threat achievement where it randomly popped up after like the 5th Threat I had dealt w/.

Any advice? Is there something i'm doing wrong??

edit -- Forget it. I give up. I'm gonna be forever stuck at 48/49. I deleted everything Tropico 3 off the hard drive & deleted my cache. Started up a sandbox game, saved the game right before a Crisis occurs... everything I select doesn't unlock the achievement. Total BS.

edit edit -- Ok. I got it. The guide doesn't mention this. In order to get the "The Negotiator", you CANNOT have a Secret Police. If you do, they will take out the agent. If you do not, option "B" will then say something about sending in the military to free the hostage. This is what you want.

Just a heads up to anyone who is having problems w/ it.

Edited by Eggnogga

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...