Int'l Pinata of Mystery

I have done it in one race and that's when I got it...it was actually the first race of the match....so that's how I know it's possible....the main thing you need to get is that damn pumpkin...it's rare as it as....and second rarest is the blueberry thing.....I got this achieveent on my 5 race or so...got it on the first race online...keep playing and keep pressing x :D

Thanks, I just did it on assembled on a practice round, offline with a 2nd controller plugged in. Assembled seems to be longer and have powerups spread fairly evenly through out the race. Yes the red pumpkin head and the black oil slick looking guy were the hardest to grab. I Stayed back in 3rd place until I had used both missiles and then tried to stay in 1-2nd to grab the two hard ones. It took me about 3 tries on that track before I was lucky.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This achievement has been a real pain to get. I haven't gotten it yet and have played all races multiple times. It seems the best I can get is only one or two items missing. I might have to try that tip with multiple people. If I plug in the second controller and just try to collect the items will it still eventually just finish the race for us when the two CPU players finish? And if I get it without finishing race will it still give it to me?

• 4 weeks later...

YES! I only needed this achievement, shortcut, all race, all challenge and 7/8 wins in a row. I decided to knock this one out of the way but I couldn't get it. I was always missing the pumpkin so occasionally I would leave all controllers on and spam powers but I got nothing. After a while, when I didn't have other controllers, I found myself getting more rare items like the rocket and squid thing. With the controllers, I was never getting either so I'd give up. I was playing on Assembled and when you get to the two rows with diagonal paths crossing them, I went across one with two power ups and got both the squid and pumpkin. I freaked so when a batch of power ups came. I spammed them until I got the rocket which I finally did. Later when I started going again, I got another pumpkin and squid and then three rockets in a row. I'm so psyched, finally got the achievement!

By the way, the rocket I'm talking about is the boosting one, not the fiesta missile.

yes yes the elusive pumpkin is a biznitch to get... the best race to obtain a pumpkin power up is on the race Cha Cha Changes... thats the race i got it on... plus its easier if you play online with a buddy helping you ... just take turns one person being in first place while the other falls back to stand on a power up balloon... just keep jumping on it and unloading your power ups... the pumpkin will eventually come on this level trust me... patience

oh and if youre playing online with a buddy make sure each of you plug in a controller each so the other 2 AI just stand there doing nothing

all u have to do i figured this out and i was like omg u just start a long series, so u play on the sand level, starts out on a beach and continues into dark area.. move all 4 to the spinning wheel,, but put the other 3 of them behind you then get on the wheel, and spin around picking the things up a using them, just keep spinning till you get em,. when every one is close together the chances of getting those things are more likely. and i found that i received at least 3 of everything in the first 10 min there.. then i pushed all of them ahead till i got a speed thing and jetted past them and to the finish were the ach unlocked.. if u have trouble with this feel free to message me

I don't know if this is luck based or not but I tried the idle controller trick often and everytime, I didn't get the pumpkin, rocket, and rarely the squid. For some reason, they just wouldn't show up but if I played regular races, I would always get 2/3 of them. It was the same way online too, I found myself getting the rocket plenty of times in a race. I think if you stay in a certain spot, your chance decrease.

• 1 month later...

i got a few questions

1)can i get this achievement if i hook up 3 extra controllers?

2)what is the best map to get this achievement on? this achievement is driving me crazy. I have tried for 1 week to get it and still havent gotten it.

Thanks for the help

EDIT: Never mind i FINALLY got it!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Martin Biron