Achievement Discussion

Method

These achievements are basically the same as the Beta! Capcom really doesn't try now.

What else would you expect? They are re-releasing essentially the same game only with new characters, stages, music, features, etc. Why would Capcom take their time on creating a revamped achievement list? Sound familiar? That's right they did this with Super Street Fighter IV as well, it essentially had the same achievements as Street Fighter IV did.

They look grindy as hell. I don't think I'll be buying this version, I didn't enjoy playing MvC3 all that much and I definitely don't want to play this new one for over 50 hours.

Truthfully, the only grind would be:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2075/UPog6Rw=.jpgRivals Welcomed

But think about it, while going for those 300 matches("Forged from Steel") they should pretty much stack by the time you reach 300 matches you should be pretty close to 30 hours.

This one you can get by simply leaving your console on:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2075/UPu-DWg=.jpgTraining in Isolation

The only tough achievement will be this one:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2075/-COjeQ==.jpgMaster of Tasks

I know every one hates combo trials, but you're going to hate them even more now because we have to do 480 of them this time. With all the new fighters added into the mix I'm assuming 480 isn't all the trials but probably 88.8% of them like last time. There's probably actually 500 of them or so. Looks like they may be giving us leeway once again.

Edited by FeLizP

by the time you reach 300 matches you should be pretty close to 30 hours.

Not really. If a 99-second match actually IS 99 seconds long, and you get a time out in every match, you would still need more than 1000 matches to reach 30h.

There's probably actually 500 of them or so. Looks like they may be giving us leeway once again.

Yes, 500. The leeway only exists so that people aren't forced to buy Shuma and Jill.

Wanted to buy this one but achievement list is damn hard. I wasted 150+ hrs on original. Can't go all again. Because the cheevos are damn repetitive and boring. I'm tired of the online already. At max will play 4-5 hrs but not more than that AND this time majority achievements are online.

NOW I'M WISHING that my missions completed from original carry over.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys for those who were struggling with getting the 500,000 points in Arcade:

1. Set the time of each round to infinite.

2. Set damage to lowest.

3. Set the computer difficulty to normal or higher. Difficulty does not have a direct effect on your score, but for this method, you need your opponent to actually attack you.

4. Pick a character who has a decent snapback, or high health. I chose Wesker when I did this. Your partners should be one of, or both Amaterasu and Morrigan with their meter gain assists.

5. During your match, you're gonna be calling out your assists constantly to give you meter. All the while, you'll be blocking and attempting to advance guard everything your opponent throws at you.

6. The only thing you want to do to the opponent is snapbacks. If you accidentally hit them with a normal move, it's okay. Because you'll only be doing snapbacks, it will take a while for you to kill a team.

7. Repeat this for all levels until Galactus. To make sure you're safe and don't have to restart the battle, make sure no one dies, and at most, let 2 of your characters get down to about 20% health. Once this happens, just go ahead and kill the opponent. Obviously, Amaterasu or Morrigan should be the character remaining at 100% as they need to be constantly called for the meter gain.

8. When you get to Galactus, you should be close to, if not over 500k. If you're way below this target (such as 440k), you're gonna have to play defense on this level. Don't attempt to snapback though, just block for a while. Then beat the level.

The whole idea to this method is that you're getting a good chunk of points from basic and advance defense, which you normally would not get if you did a speed run through arcade mode perfecting each stage. You will get moderate points from basic and advanced offense, and vitality as well. Also, using the method, you should get around 80k per regular level (just so you know you're on the right track).

NOTE: I should mention that this method takes a stupidly long amount of time per level.

May I add that this is not my personal method of getting the achievement but Diabolix's method from PS trophies. I credit him only.

How about beating this on hardest difficulty? Has anyone done that yet, and if so how did you do it? I tried using the simple commands and spamming with Taskmaster, Iron Man, and Magneto like in Vanilla MvC3..alas its not working for this one.

How about beating this on hardest difficulty? Has anyone done that yet, and if so how did you do it? I tried using the simple commands and spamming with Taskmaster, Iron Man, and Magneto like in Vanilla MvC3..alas its not working for this one.

Well remember, you CAN use continues for beating the game on the hardest difficulty. A cheap combination would be Sentinel, Ironman, and whoever else you prefer. Crank the Damage to Highest and once each fight begins you're going to hang back and spam Sentinels "Neutralize Mouth Blast" by hitting B(Heavy Attack) then canceling into Down+B(crouch+Heavy Attack). While repeating this, hit LB to have Ironman assist you with his Uni Beam. Repeat until all 3 opponents are KO'ed.

If the CPU ever jumps over it try hitting a Rocket Punch(Down, Toward+Medium Attack[Y]) to keep them at bay. Hitting LT with 2 or more saved meters will launcs crossover combos as well which do massive damage and provide good keep away.

When you get to Galactus repeat the same method against his minions. As for Galactus himself use X-Factor and block to live longer and hit a Crossover Combo when you can. If you have his moves memorized he should go down easily. Just keep spamming heavy attacks. Doctor Doom's Flame Sphere works wonders against Galactus so if you're still losing use him too.

Edited by FeLizP

I can verify the 5 ranked win in a row boosting method does work by changing your region to some obscure location as well as the time zone. I just helped Bullitt24 and Postmodernmartyr boost thier 5 ranked wins in a row. It works so well its a shame. We found each other in the lobby every single time with no interference. Using this way it'll be easy to boost the 100 ranked wins and 6th Lord Rank.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...