One easy way to beat harvester on hard

regardless of what you read in other strategies the key to winning is simply to have a ton of high end potions. it helps if you have accessories that boost healing effects. your gonna fight the harvester alone as your 3 other members will be dead. if you dont have lots of potions go back to a saved character and buy all you can or dupe lots of high end potions. quicker and easier than starting a new character and getting tomes to dupe.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a decent amount of potions but not that many ones that restored a lot of health, just a ton of regular ones and some that gave me roughly ~200 health per pot. Anyway...

My character is nothing special no dupes or glitches and just beat Harvester on hard using the simple strat here; just chug a ton of potions. It took me a few tries due to bad luck on skeletons phase 2 etc, basically to elaborate, my advice is the same as there is here, chug a bunch of potions AS WELL AS set tactics on all your party members (besides golem obviously) to chug potions everytime they fall below 75%, as well as the golem to heal anytime someone falls below 75%. This makes phase 1 very easy and its basically just auto-attacking the boss with your group while hitting the switch every chance you get. For phase 2 just attack the Harvester, ignore the skeletons, follow and attack the Harvester the whole time while chugging potions. When the skeletons turn red and ethereal, run away until they switch again and continue pounding the the harvester. This is what worked for me; my character is a fully 2H spec'd warrior, no shield, carapace anything, as well as nothing special gear, so just keep at it and play on your game and you'll eventually beat it as well.

I had a decent amount of potions but not that many ones that restored a lot of health, just a ton of regular ones and some that gave me roughly ~200 health per pot. Anyway...

My character is nothing special no dupes or glitches and just beat Harvester on hard using the simple strat here; just chug a ton of potions. It took me a few tries due to bad luck on skeletons phase 2 etc, basically to elaborate, my advice is the same as there is here, chug a bunch of potions AS WELL AS set tactics on all your party members (besides golem obviously) to chug potions everytime they fall below 75%, as well as the golem to heal anytime someone falls below 75%. This makes phase 1 very easy and its basically just auto-attacking the boss with your group while hitting the switch every chance you get. For phase 2 just attack the Harvester, ignore the skeletons, follow and attack the Harvester the whole time while chugging potions. When the skeletons turn red and ethereal, run away until they switch again and continue pounding the the harvester. This is what worked for me; my character is a fully 2H spec'd warrior, no shield, carapace anything, as well as nothing special gear, so just keep at it and play on your game and you'll eventually beat it as well.

Did this with a lvl35 Dwarf Rogue with no problems... Thanks!! :D

After I kept failing numerous times & giving up on this achievement, I used this strategy from a post I saw on Game Faqs, credit goes to shagadalic, I don't know if it has been mentioned here:

Make sure you are a rogue!

what you need, or could use very well:

blackblade tunic(enchanted with 3 paragon stout runes.)

the "Misery" ancestral bow.

and for the rest of my equipment I had:

tricksters cap and gloves

and some boots of which I don't recall the name.

When you start this DLC. you get a book that let's you reassign your skills and what not.

USE IT!

I'm level 35

as your specs:

Assassin, Duelist and Leggionare Scout(since they all have +2 dex.)

your attributes:

raise strength to 24

and put the remaining 130 something points in dexterity

Skills:

fully upgrade Combat training,vitality and Clarity.

doesnt matter what you do with the remaining points.

Talents:

get every archery talent.

+ Weak points and Ghost.

I was just fooling around and I shoved the rest of my points into any tree which had a Passive talent in it.

Now, very little strategy is involved in this strategy :p

Activate weak points and accuracy(I also activated aim, but I dont know if it does any good)

your teammates will be dead within a minute, 2 tops.

keep running around until you can activate the switch. and every time it is possible to shoot 1 or 2 arrows do it!

use whatever talent you can whenever you can.

I mostly used: arrow of slaying, crit. shot and burst shot

whenever your surrounded use scattershot and sometimes rain of arrows will aid you in your fight.

I dealt around 300 damage every shot and with talents around 500-600.

by doing this, I didn't need to use any health potions, & only the Golem died during the Harvester's second form. you pretty much destroy him in no time. :)

Just got it with a level 34 warrior. Having lots of potions, using them <75% helped a lot. I found Spirit Warrior with Beyond the Veil allowed me to attack him often, without running around. This way skeletons will miss a lot, do low damage, and it gives your attacks spirit damage so they cause damage no matter the Harvester's red mist.

Also, the fact that the jumpy 2nd form bastard got himself stuck just inside a wall, allowing me to kill the skeletons, revive my dead party,then kill him with abilities using 'normal' stamina regeneration time, helped a lot.

• 3 months later...

Yep, it worked perfectly well :) It was a bit annoying in the second phase at the beginning, when everybody else died and all the skeletons ganged up on me but I finally beat the boss :) Thanks a lot!

And here I was, thinking I would have to level up my mage to try one of the other strategies...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
After I kept failing numerous times & giving up on this achievement, I used this strategy from a post I saw on Game Faqs, credit goes to shagadalic, I don't know if it has been mentioned here:

Make sure you are a rogue!

what you need, or could use very well:

blackblade tunic(enchanted with 3 paragon stout runes.)

the "Misery" ancestral bow.

and for the rest of my equipment I had:

tricksters cap and gloves

and some boots of which I don't recall the name.

When you start this DLC. you get a book that let's you reassign your skills and what not.

USE IT!

I'm level 35

as your specs:

Assassin, Duelist and Leggionare Scout(since they all have +2 dex.)

your attributes:

raise strength to 24

and put the remaining 130 something points in dexterity

Skills:

fully upgrade Combat training,vitality and Clarity.

doesnt matter what you do with the remaining points.

Talents:

get every archery talent.

+ Weak points and Ghost.

I was just fooling around and I shoved the rest of my points into any tree which had a Passive talent in it.

Now, very little strategy is involved in this strategy :p

Activate weak points and accuracy(I also activated aim, but I dont know if it does any good)

your teammates will be dead within a minute, 2 tops.

keep running around until you can activate the switch. and every time it is possible to shoot 1 or 2 arrows do it!

use whatever talent you can whenever you can.

I mostly used: arrow of slaying, crit. shot and burst shot

whenever your surrounded use scattershot and sometimes rain of arrows will aid you in your fight.

I dealt around 300 damage every shot and with talents around 500-600.

by doing this, I didn't need to use any health potions, & only the Golem died during the Harvester's second form. you pretty much destroy him in no time. :)

I appreciate this is an old thread but I needed to reply to the post that helped me finally get this achievement after days and days of trying. I've left if a year before coming back to this achievement and decided to have another go over the past week. Having got the verge of finally giving up and leaving the game and all DLC with one missing achievement I found this post.

I respec'd my rouge from two handed to archer and went for it. The character is only a level 23. Following the advise from above and what I read somewhere else saying once it gets to the second stage DON'T MOVE, after about 5 mins one dead harvester. Can't begin to say how happy I am to get this achievement and massive thanks to wolfzero01!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Definitely having a ton of potions takes some of the stress off.

I went in with a level 33 Warrior (Carapace helps), Wade's full dragon bone armour set and 340+ greater health poultices. Only tactics I changed were to have everyone chug potions at <75% and the Golem to Group Heal at <50%, and to have Jerrik and the Golem as ranged. Gave Jerrik Fire arrows and the Golem turned on Fire Weapons.

First phase: just ran and flipped the switch every time to the red aura came in to get rid of the skeletons then back at hacking the harvester. Spam Carapace every time it's cooled down.

Second phase: just ran after the little bastard, think Jerrik's fire arrows did most of the work while the rest of us were chasing it. I somehow managed to keep the skeletons on me and away from my crew which I'm sure helped.

Finished without anyone going down and 200+ potions left to boot.