aesir armor in shops?

Profaine

i asked this before and no the lvl 50 stuff required for the achievement wont appear. weapons will, and lvl 30 armour will also. you have to get it the old fashioned way - looting

Aesir armor is orange armor with red rune in it and three open slots. To answer the question, yes, it does appear in the armor shop, just very rarely.

As to aesir armor as DROPS, is there certain mobs that drop them, I.E. Leadres/bosses (cuz they have a red rune), or can any run of the mill baddie drop em (since they are merely orange armor)?

Small fries like Goblins and Dark Elves will never drop rarely drop armor, let alone any orange.

Bosses, Leaders, Trolls, and Obelisks all have a chance to drop Aesir armor, make sure your Auto-Salvage isn't set to Orange, it would be a shame to have it drop only for it to be salvaged. Stores also have a chance of have Aesir armor for sale, make sure you always look.

So to farm as drops, would you recommend conveyor runs, or other.

And would it be arguably better to farm as drops or to camp the shops?

Either way is a crap shoot, you're not guaranteed to get it anywhere. It's not as rare as Elite armor, but it's pretty damn close. Just go with whatever seems better to you, whether farming 3-4 for the Leaders or just entire level runs, it doesn't hurt to try anything.

Remember, always check the armor shop for Aesir, it's always worth it.

I guess the easiest way to get your elite armor setup is to dupe it with a person you know or find online with ur character/alignment. I have a character at level 50 and about 35 hours in and I have collected over 4000 item drops(on leaderboards, check it out) and none of them have been elite (red) armors. This is f---ing stupid because I play on co-op by myself and I kill hoards of enemies and I never get anything better than yellow items. Im about to say screw it and stop playing because running through the same 4 levels and killing the same bosses gets really stale.

• 3 months later...
he probably wanted to know what it actually LOOKS like, on the character.

although I couldn't tell you. Never wore any of it.

Well Aesir armor doesn't have just one look. I have three different pairs of Aesir boots, but none of them look the same on my character. Figured if he wanted a picture he could just Google it. I did and it took me 10 seconds to find this page:

http://toohuman.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4371

Hope I've answered your question, whatever way you meant it.

Edited by Method

The weapons store seems to have a much greater chance of having epic items in it, but sadly that doesn't help with armour.

I've found my only piece of aesir armour in the armour shop, no luck hunting for it. I replayed HoH through the Aesir terminal after completing it, with +15% loot drop, and got an epic helmet upon killing GRNDL. But I repeated that again and got nothing worthwhile.

It is a crap shoot, but with really crap odds

• 2 weeks later...

someone gave a couple of aesir items to me, all i needed was the gloves and the torso, in one run through HoH i got the gloves, its not the same name as the other, but it's still aesir and it's pretty damn good

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Personally id say 3-4 runs are a good bet for it. Id say better than the shop as you also have the chance for elite armour and elite runes, not just aesir gear.

Plus the chances of getting it work out the same, if not higher. Although ut takes considerably longer to run 3-4 than load a game and quit out, with shop farming there is only one chance of aesir being there. However, with 3-4 runs you get 3 spiders and a whole boat load of leaders to kill, and each one has a chance of dropping the armour your after. Then throw in the 15% loot drop from your armour, which you dont get with shop farming.

If you really ant decide which one is best for you, compromise. You could always mix the two by quitting out of the game after each run, loading another, checking the shop and then running 3-4 again.