Hard Drive

Odiumruse

Sadly it wont let me search, and whilst i'm sure this has been asked before...I'm not looking through every thread manually :(

I brought a 60gb Hard drive, to upgrade from my 20gig. Not realising this doesn't include the cable at the time. I've tried phoning microsoft about 12 times to request the cable, about 4 times i've been promised one in the post (3 months later...No Cable) Anyway, I know a man, who upgraded his Arcade, to a 120gig hard drive. And had the transfer kit and disc, which he had never used before spare, he yesterday very kindly gave me it.

I go to try and transfer my drives, so i can finally use the £59.99 hard drive sitting in a draw. It gets as far as the screen "Please connect" and wont let me advance. I've checked all connections, removed everything else, Ethernet, USB cam etc. But it wont pick it up. Is this disc specific to the 120 gig? Is there no way of making it work with a 60 gig?

Why the fuck, do microsoft have to try and really piss me off. I don't moan about live, about 800 points for content already on the disc, I don't moan when live goes down. Or when bugs never get fixed. I take it and stay loyal, but this is just pissing me off. for £59.99 i've basically got an ormament, and 3 months live. Not a good bargain. Please ANYONE give me a way of getting this to work. I've got so many hours Poured into my 20gig drive, i'm not losing it all.

I would actually pay more money for a disc and cable that would work, I honestly would. I'm that fed up

yea it's connected at the back, honestly all i can think of is that they have coded it to work with only 120gig drives, if so how do I get one for 60gig? I've even sent in a form they use when you upgrade to an elite, explinaing it all, and got nothing, not even a rejection letter.

it's got a sticker that says Media Set x13-59863-01, and printed on the sleeve it has x13-59863-02.

Will this one do it?

Edit - Just looked at disc itself, Versopn x13-59863-01. Guessing that's the original and wont work and thats why. So back to square one, No way of getting it transferred without buying a kit from ebay, which knowing my luck will end up being 01, and i feel agrieved to have to buy one, when i'd have got one free if i wanted 120gig.

Sodding microsoft have finally found a way to get on my tits

Edited by Odiumruse

No way of downloading it unfortunately. :(

Call Xbox Customer Support and request one for the 60 transfer or use the link below.

http://assets.xbox.com/en-us/support/MigrationKit-OrderForm.pdf

Since your doing the 60GB transfer leave the Elite portion blank.

It's free with whichever route you choose. Faxing is faster though. Buddy of mine got his in 4 days. So guestimate from there when yours would come in.

Hopefully everything works out for you.

Did you try the xbox website? It has a form you can fax to them.

I would give you my cable but I cant seem to find the disc. Here is the link to the PDF form to fax in. Im not sure if you need a UK form though but it seems as though you can fax it to the number at the bottom of the screen.

Here's the link: http://assets.xbox.com/en-us/support/MigrationKit-OrderForm.pdf

EDIT: Yeah I think you need to find a UK form. Sorry there. And the Guy above me beat me to it.

begining to wish i hadn't have stayed with official products, but i like to get them official I guess, help them to help us. But i really am annoyed over this, it would cost them about 0.99gbp to give the cd out with the hdd, and about few quid with the cable.

If anyone in Uk does have a spare one? It would be sent straight back and postage paid for if anyone is feeling like helping out a guy in need. CD only needed.