Favourite all time game and WHY?

metalzine

My fav all time game is the original sonic game.

WHY????

Well it was Xmas 92 and I was a little lad of 9 and I got my best Xmas present ever The Sega Megadrive (the one you yanks call genesis) with sonic bundled with it.

Now I know you can complete sonic in about 15-20 mins and had the most (in)famous cheat of all time. (U,D,L,R hold A then start). Of course the sequels where far better and superior but this is a personal choice that brings back happy memories every time I've played it in several consoles over the last 20 years.

In my opinion this is one of the best games ever made

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine would have to be the original Doom by id Software.

Not only was it the first game I ever played (I was a kid lol), but it's also the genre of game that I fell in love with. Classic FPS games for the win. Doom did everything right and was only limited by the technology of the time.

I would die for a proper remake of the original Doom. The word proper is key.

I would say the game doesn't need to be remade because it never died, but still. I love reboots and remakes, so seeing it come back to a new life would be amazing!

Of all time, it would have to be between The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Disney's Aladdin, and The King of Dragons. Why? Well, honestly, there were few console games I played prior to 2010 and those three come to mind when thinking about favorites. I wont say they were great games, I was about 5-8 years old, but considering I still remember them fondly nearly 20 years later, they obviously left an impression and hold a great bit of sentimental value.

Gears of War 2!!! The story was absolutely brilliant!! And the multiplayer, OMG, it was the best. Games of guardian with friends were so awesome. The whole series is just brilliant, though judgement has been a slight let down :(

Super Mario Kart, 4 player Snes split screen

Bring on the serious competition we would award a wooden spoon for the worst player on night and keep a written record...the book of shame

Maybe modern games have the same affect but I am to :uzi: old

peace

n-joi

ps. there are many more but trying to stick to single game

The legend of Zelda Ocarina of time.

This would be my all time favorite. I lost count of how many playthroughs I went through to complete all heart containers and find all golden spiders:D

My favorite this gen would be Mass Effect 1, before they turned the series into a generic 3rd person shooter;)

Same for me, Dark Souls easily my favorite of all time. Fantastic lore, fantastic gameplay, as close to being perfect as a game can get.

And you know what's the most shocking part? I just started playing it in the beginning of this year, I feel truly ashamed of what I've been missing for the past 2 years, I also wish I played Demon's Souls.

GTA San Andreas (PS2/xbox)

http://www.filewin.com/images/gta_san_andreas_3.jpg

So much to see and do within a game; missions, side-missions, cribs, cars, clothes, haircuts, gym workouts plus you could jetpack, run, swim, boat, skydive, fly, take the train and listen to 90s hip-hop whenever you could. I remember playing back in 2004 and taking days just to get my head around how huge and awesome the game was.

Cool cutscenes, funny characters, wide variety of missions, wide range of different landscape (desert, forests, mountains, business district, ghetto, rich district, commercial areas etc) shitloads of vehicles, weapons, clothes and collectables. Rockstar gave us a legend with San Andreas!

Used to think Vice City was best game ever until I played this.

This is hard to choose, I have a few ones that are pretty much even in my top 5: Zelda :OoT, TES3 Morrowind, TES5 Skyrim, Halo combat evolved, Silent Hill 2!

But i'm gonna choose Skyrim, I have never put as many hours in a single player game before, I must be close to 1000 hours now on a few characters and this game still amazes me 2 years later!

Not sure if I can narrow it down to one game.....if I had to narrow it down to 3 games it would be Battlefront, Halo 3 and Assassins Creed.

If I was stranded on a desert island and could only play one game then Battlefront would be my choice.

Lots of replay....extremely fun an it's Star Wars for Pete's sake.

Mass Effect trilogy for the story and the universe it created - one of my favourite of all time.

Fallout 3. Don't think ve played a game through so many times and put so many hours into it. I was still finding new stuff on my fourth play through.

On older platforms I would say Zelda: OOT. Great game I think we can all agree!

Mass Effect trilogy for the story and the universe it created - one of my favourite of all time.

Fallout 3. Don't think ve played a game through so many times and put so many hours into it. I was still finding new stuff on my fourth play through.

On older platforms I would say Zelda: OOT. Great game I think we can all agree!

yeah you could kill 100's of hours with the ME trilogy.