fallout frank

Do you care about Halo 5  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care about Halo 5

• Yes, day one purchase
    • Maybe, if it drops in price
    • Maybe, if reviews are positive
    • No, I have no interest in Halo

So I decided to ask a couple of my friends if they would be picking up Halo 5 and not one of them said yes. Now despite the fact that I did not like the beta I would have gotten the game if enough of my friends were, but surprisingly they all said no even though I have played every other Halo game with them. Personally I don't like the addition of the abilities nor do I like the ability to ads with every weapon, the auto rifle also felt to powerful to me and the game felt to fast paced, which imo does not feel very Halo.

I'm wondering if this is the general feeling towards the game, or if it's just my group of friends that have given up on the series.

Yes. I care.

What they're doing with the narrative and squad-based gameplay style (thanks to the new Creative Directer Tim Longo) is intriguing; the latter a much needed addition to the Halo series given the Spartan's upbringing and training, coupled with the fact that the narrative design can't stay the same forever.

The new PvPvE game mode, Warzone, looks very entertaining and ambitious. It's combining what people loved about Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach's Firefight, with the core elements of standard multiplayer gaming. As for the microtransactions, they're purely optional and don't do anything to make the gameplay unbalanced - and work the same exact way Battlefield 4's do - so I don't understand why people are up in arms about it.

I've been spending a lot of time on Reddit, r/halo, Halo Waypoint and NeoGAF and it looks like a large, large, large majority of the general gaming community and long-time Halo fans are obnoxiously excited for this installment.

Edited by BiggD

Yes. I care.

What they're doing with the narrative and squad-based gameplay style (thanks to the new Creative Directer Tim Longo) is intriguing; the latter a much needed addition to the Halo series given the Spartan's upbringing and training, coupled with the fact that the narrative design can't stay the same forever.

The new PvPvE game mode, Warzone, looks very entertaining and ambitious. It's combining what people loved about Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach's Firefight, with the core elements of standard multiplayer gaming. As for the microtransactions, they're purely optional and don't do anything to make the gameplay unbalanced - and work the same exact way Battlefield 4's do - so I don't understand why people are up in arms about it.

I've been spending a lot of time on Reddit, r/halo, Halo Waypoint and NeoGAF and it looks like a large, large, large majority of the general gaming community and long-time Halo fans are obnoxiously excited for this installment.

Couldn't agree more.

People seem to moan for the sake of moaning about something.

In regards to the beta however, I disagree with OP on the pace of the game, too fast? That might be because it's 60fps?

Halo is the reason I got Xbox way back when and I've never looked back. Massive Halo junkie and Halo 5 is a welcome change in every aspect. The "abilities" from Halo 4 look to be scrapped thankfully and added clamber, thrusters, sprint & ground slam/pound - honestly, it makes the whole universe that much more believable and brings it all in line. You read the books, you buy into the concept of the Spartans and this now all makes sense as to what makes them so special.

This whole ADS debate, if someone could clarify what is wrong with it instead of just saying "it's COD like" because is that a bad thing? I don't know what it's like for default control players, I seem to remember clicking the RS way back on Halo 1 for aiming down a scope and now that I use boxer, it's still the same, click RS to "ADS". Is it because virtually every weapon has ADS? Or is it a controller thing. Unsure on this "issue".

The only thing I didn't like was the "hey bro" chatter. Really took the immersion away at times.

Gameplay it's solid, smooth and yes there are a few tweaks to be done especially the AR.

Pumped for Halo 5.

Warzone as well, come on, how sweet does that look? I'm all for slayer & at times objective, but Warzone combines everything that we all love about Halo into one gametype = win.

Edited by anonymous ferret

For Multiplayer? I'm not 100% certain, but I do remember reading somewhere that it can be turned off as a feature.

Yeah for MP. In the beta it was cheesier than cheetos. Sure you can tune it out mentally after a while but damn that will take some getting used to lol

I really hope it turns out to be true that you can turn it off. It will be great if 343 take that on board as the community (waypoint forums) were crying out for it to gtfo.

It detracts from the immersion and the whole universe that was built & lore surrounding the Spartans.

Some argue that it's these new Spartans that are basically recruited from other parts of the military etc that have this weird attitude unlike the Spartan II's but that I think, is a poor excuse. "I got snipez" stinks of try hard bk's.

Yes I care.

All the single-player/co-op stuff is exciting and refreshing with a return to open levels, the introduction of squad combat/commands, and the inclusion of Blue Team. Plus I like the fact that 343i is enlarging the scope of the game's story too. No longer are we confined to just Forerunner installations but we finally get to visit Sanghelios (:woop:) and get some much needed variety with locales.

On the MP side, I'm excited that they're going back to basics with the Arena multiplayer as Halo 4's MP was too bloated and they tried aping other popular shooters in a failed attempt at making the MP more "accessible". Warzone is also a nice substitution for the removal of firefight and combines everything that makes Halo great.

I'm very much looking forward to October 27th.

What I find hilarious is there's a "no, I have no interest in Halo" option - for that person who voted "no" ^ ... why are you even here then? Thought you had no interest, logic?

In fairness I thought I put this topic in the xbox one forums, not the halo forums, and as the mistake was made (or it was moved) the poll is kind of biased as the majority of people here will likely be interested in the game.

Ive been working on Halo:MCC just for the sake of achievements and playing with friends. In my mind I have nothing but euphoric memories of these games. However as I've aged I've found myself being lulled to sleep by in my opinion, very bland storytelling. I will always respect Halo for bringing my friends together for LAN parties and what its done for video games but I gotta say I'm burned out on them. Not looking forward to anymore Halos.

In fairness I thought I put this topic in the xbox one forums, not the halo forums, and as the mistake was made (or it was moved) the poll is kind of biased as the majority of people here will likely be interested in the game.

Obviously there's got to be an option, it's a poll lol

But since you say you posted it in a general board that'd make even more sense. Though it's funny people are searching for Halo... unless of course the poll is found in multiple ways across the website/forum i.e. polls, recent posts etc.

/

Think the story is epic, played it to death.

Though the one thing that is burnt out is the Halo MCC cheev list. Having already completed the originals how many times over. Now having to do the campaigns at least 5 times minimum if you want to acquire 100%, it does start to get quite tiresome.

What I find hilarious is there's a "no, I have no interest in Halo" option - for that person who voted "no" ^ ... why are you even here then? Thought you had no interest, logic?

I simply clicked 'new posts', saw the thread and gave my opinion. It was asking a question after all. ;)

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/big-lebowski-deal-with-it.gif

Hell yes! With the increased emphasis on integrating the expanded universe into the games, Halo 4's story was much richer and ended up being easily the best story in any of the Halo games so far. Now with Halo 5 set to finally included Blue Team, I am even more excited to see how rich the story of the campaign will be. I already love the direction 343 has taken with Halo 4 and all these new book releases, and I can't wait for more!