Your Experience on getting achievement buildings

GAZZ16

Hey guys!

This thread is supposed to be a place where you can share your experience in getting any of the 4 achievement buildings (Sphinx, Tomb, Library, Spartan Academy)

Only way to "farm" right now (Moe's with lvl 20 chests still an option, see OUTDATED section marked green):

Skirmish farming still works.

Map: Oasis.

Map Size: Huge.

Map Resources: High

Player Resources: Standard

Maxium Age: IV and Victory: Wonder

Have 1 ally (Unstoppable Persian Agamemnon) And 4 enemies (Unstoppable Celtic Village Elders)

Takes around 14mins to win. Ive won 12 out of 13 attempts and got the spartan acadamy from one of the chests i received :woop:

Exactly as it says above:

Skirmish

Map: Oasis.

Map Size: Huge.

Map Resources: High

Player Resources: Standard

Maxium Age: IV and Victory: Wonder

Have 1 ally (Unstoppable Persian Agamemnon) And 4 enemies (Unstoppable Celtic Village Elders)

I killed off my scout and bought villagers untill i had 19 and then chopped wood with them all and gave it to my ally.

OUTDATED DUE TO SPRING PATCH!!!!!!

First of all I want to share my way to farm chests:

Simply play the Argos quest "Lot's of Rogues" (Last quest of a quest chain from the king of Argos)

The trick there is not to finish the quest, but to rush with your villagers (or fortress units but villagers are quicker) to the upper right where a random mercenary camp is located. Defeat them and you'll receive 1-3 treasure chest(s) in about a minute depending on the camp's strength.

If you haven't got so far yet, good for you, look at this:

Hey Gazz, thanks for posting your guide. Unfortunately it's nothing new to me but this game is lacking of good guides and concrete informations of drop chances on blueprints. So thanks again for posting it.

I want to add some additional tips to this method:

First and the most important one is that the quest has some prequests before it becomes repeatable. They are all identical to each other but becoming harder and harder (well not really that hard). I highly advise to stop on one of the prequests and farm the camps(!) there. The second one for example has 2 camps in it. The usual one on the upper right corner (maybe a little below) and an additional one left from your base. So you can farm 2 fast camps in one mission.

If you are on the last quest, than it's maybe better to do it on Elite. I haven't test it yet but maybe the chances are higher to get better loot.

You could think about doing the whole quest (especially on Elite) as you get Gold and another chest from completing it. Doing one of the prequest with 2 camps could take 2 min. (or longer). After that it's not far from completing the mission. Do this on your last farm, of course.

Oh and here are some good guides on farming: http://www.aoeonlineguide.net/age-of-empires-online-farming-guide/

I don't know how frequently the site gets updated so maybe some informations are out of date.

Good luck everyone!

CONFIRMED: Moe's, Small Step Pyramid, Learycorn statue, Mamu and Peepaw's House, tomb, library

In addition, with the money you get from selling the trash (from experience you get approx. 1000g/30 chests), check moe's with level 20 chests (200g each)

CONFIRMED: From moe's I got 3 spartan academies and 2 tombs and a library

Cyprus Farming (for higher lvl players):

NOTE: It doesn't matter if Defeat or Recapturing Amathus is played

Yes, there is a high level quest which works in a similar way, however it requires a good age 3 unit advisor.

One of the recapturing quests in Cyprus is called Recapturing: Amathus. The Treasure chests are always at the same spots, and you will start with a fortress.

I usually put 3 villagers on food, 2 on gold, and train 3 additional on gold. Then I start training 12 Pezhetairoi in my fortress. I send them to the top-right treasure camp, and while they are busy I start training 12 new ones to loot the treasure camps to the left.

Here is a video of someone doing about the same: Greek - Farming Chests in Amathus - YouTube

Basically a lot of different Age 3 Fortress units will work, but Pezhetairoi work exceptionally well because they are very fast and have a good HP pool.

The first few tries you will probably have to scout a bit to see where the camps are, but once you do know the locations it's a pretty fast farming method, and you can get a lot of higher level items that way.

CONFIRMED: 3 Sphinx, Moe's, Spartan Academy

Got my Sphinx today using Dordanov's method, and from what I've read on the AOEO forums most people seem to be getting the Sphinx from Cyprus missions, plus got another library and small step pryamid as rewards for beating 10 unstoppable skirmishs

Where did you get your achievement buildings? Do you have additional ways to get them?

Please share your experience :)

Edited by GAZZ16
Due to Spring Patch

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey, gazz told me this a while ago and i tried it. a lot. still no luck, but some nice advisors in epic purple and a hefty amount of blueprints for gear. so at least you get some big value out of that 2 minutes a run takes! :)

but i also didnt get any building blueprint so far. the library i got was also from a argos quest a while ago, not sure tough.

Thx, DayV3d, seem's to be a matter of lots of time and even more luck :\

As an update, got a second Small Step Pyramid from using the method, which is the only achievement building still tradeable.

But I think the combination of my method and spending money on lvl 20 chests @ moe's is one of the fastest way's to get all of them. (but still depending on luck!!)

P.S.: @DayV3d: with 2 mins you're talking about the maximum amount of time you need for a run, right?? ;)

From what I have heard and read on the forums these buildings can drop from any chest earned (so location does not matter), but might drop from a certain minimum level. (not sure on that)

Lots of Rogues is great because it is lvl 20+, which makes it at least high enough to be able to drop it apparently, but also not too high, so the chance to drop doesn't get too low.

If I understand the loot tables correctly (taken from personal experience, so may be wrong here) it seems that higher lvl chests include more/higher items. Sometimes a lvl 40 legendary chest will drop some Grain or Animal Hides for example, but they also have the chance to drop up to epic lvl consumables, ingredients etc. So the total amount of items that can drop is higher, and your chance to get specific drops like these buildings is lower.

Plus, your method of Lots of Rogues is indeed a fast method to get lots of chests to loot.

Argos also seems a good location for the achievement buildings, as mosts quests are between lvl 17-31 or so. I got my Tomb from the Egyptian Alliance quest in Argos, you can combine that with the Pharaoh's Luggage and Pharaoh's Favorite Global quests, so you can complete 3 quests by playing 1 mission.

I still dislike these achievements, but by doing a bit of grinding every day I'm sure to find them eventually! :)

congrats gazz! :)

i have spent 16k gold on those chests already, still no luck. but got that fisher quest hut.

and yes, sometimes it takes me 2 minutes, alt+tab while playing in a window and surfing the web until my 5 units arrive near the bandits :)

EDIT: oh, im doing the two missions from mykene everytime i grind the quest, the one with the wolfes and bandits. 200coin and some mykene ponts for free.

Edited by DayV3d
added info

Got old man fisher hut and small step pyramid using this, though first 20/30 times doing this I was getting crap like broken swords/nets etc, switched to elite and notice alot better drops

Is there any higher level quests like this were the merc camps always spawns in the same place?

Edited by mhkerr

this one works so well because you start already with a built fortress. all you need is one more house built and sending your troops up the hill. i looked around on some other quests, but unfortunately this one seems to be the fastest one. but it works, all you need is patience.. a lot.. :)

edit: combining the grind with the two dailies from mycene "Wanted: Thiefs/Predators" or something like that (wolfes and guardians) nets you 200 gold and 200 mycene points, witch turned in results in about 500 gold bonus. not much but helps. (playing as greek)

Edited by DayV3d

Hey Gazz, thanks for posting your guide. Unfortunately it's nothing new to me but this game is lacking of good guides and concrete informations of drop chances on blueprints. So thanks again for posting it.

I want to add some additional tips to this method:

First and the most important one is that the quest has some prequests before it becomes repeatable. They are all identical to each other but becoming harder and harder (well not really that hard). I highly advise to stop on one of the prequests and farm the camps(!) there. The second one for example has 2 camps in it. The usual one on the upper right corner (maybe a little below) and an additional one left from your base. So you can farm 2 fast camps in one mission.

If you are on the last quest, than it's maybe better to do it on Elite. I haven't test it yet but maybe the chances are higher to get better loot.

You could think about doing the whole quest (especially on Elite) as you get Gold and another chest from completing it. Doing one of the prequest with 2 camps could take 2 min. (or longer). After that it's not far from completing the mission. Do this on your last farm, of course.

Oh and here are some good guides on farming: http://www.aoeonlineguide.net/age-of-empires-online-farming-guide/

I don't know how frequently the site gets updated so maybe some informations are out of date.

Good luck everyone!

Edited by KaaN

Thanks for your reply! :)

Yeah, we should get the percentage of drop chances at least for the achievement buildings. It won't help a lot but it would give us a feeling about how long it could take to get them ;)

The info with the prequests is just amazing :D not helpful for me (have already done all) but very helpful for every player that's new to the game, THANKS FOR THAT TOO :)

I'll always update the first post, as I get new stuff to keep you all updated

UPDATE: Added 1 additional spartan academy to 1st post (still only the sphinx to go ;) )

Edited by GAZZ16

• 2 weeks later...
Is there any higher level quests like this were the merc camps always spawns in the same place?

Yes, there is a high level quest which works in a similar way, however it requires a good age 3 unit advisor.

One of the recapturing quests in Cyprus is called Recapturing: Amathus. The Treasure chests are always at the same spots, and you will start with a fortress.

I usually put 3 villagers on food, 2 on gold, and train 3 additional on gold. Then I start training 12 Pezhetairoi in my fortress. I send them to the top-right treasure camp, and while they are busy I start training 12 new ones to loot the treasure camps to the left.

Here is a video of someone doing about the same: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akqZ1us8u0o&feature=related]Greek - Farming Chests in Amathus - YouTube[/ame]

Basically a lot of different Age 3 Fortress units will work, but Pezhetairoi work exceptionally well because they are very fast and have a good HP pool.

The first few tries you will probably have to scout a bit to see where the camps are, but once you do know the locations it's a pretty fast farming method, and you can get a lot of higher level items that way.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my Sphinx today using Dordanov's method, and from what I've read on the AOEO forums most people seem to be getting the Sphinx from Cyprus missions, plus got another library and small step pryamid as rewards for beating 10 unstoppable skirmishs

Not sure if it's worth noting or not, but I can confirm that I got 3 Tombs and 3 Library from the level 20 chests at Moe's. I've started up the Amathus farming as previously mentioned... so hopefully I'll find a Sphinx one of these days. The spartan academy and the Sphinx are the last achievements I need to complete this game... heh. I hate luck based achievements...

Edited by JerithGeros